• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, 7.45pm, Sat 8th June, BankWest (Parra) Stadium

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Where's Speight? Qld?
Came off injured last week so assume out this week. But yeah sucks about the playing for the Red's next year. Seems Brumbies are handing out only 1 year deals, and Speight took a 2 year deal in Qld

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
In some ways, sorry to see Brown relegated. He's been in top form lately and very good over the ball.

With these back row players, I would go with 6. Cusack, 7. Samu, 8. Valetini.

I figure the numbers won't mean too much - Cusack and Samu will both play a hybrid 6/7 and 7/8 role...............

There's been a lot of attention towards some of the Brumbies backrowers this year, but Cusack really deserves some praise - he's been getting better every week, and has been in some great form recently.

The combination he's formed with Samu and Brown has been an integral part of the Brumbies improved performances.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I figure the numbers won't mean too much - Cusack and Samu will both play a hybrid 6/7 and 7/8 role.....

Agreed. BR is old school and infatuated with the numbers on the jersey, however the modern game is more about roles and balance.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think Valentini isn't the greatest behind the scrum, its the only reason i see him playing alot more 6 then 8. unlucky for Brown but the backrowers of Valentini, Samu, Cusack, Brown and McCaffrey will give us great pay across the ground.

That's a might fine bunch of players even with out Pocock

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Is McCaffrey solid in the lineout? A backrow of Valetinin, Samu and McCaffrey sounds pretty sexy.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is McCaffrey solid in the lineout? A backrow of Valetinin, Samu and McCaffrey sounds pretty sexy.

He has jumped in the lineout, as has Samu......... although neither of them are noted jumpers.

In saying that, Samu reminds me of someone like Sean McMahon in that despite his size, he displays all the attributes of a larger backrower.

The Tahs have copped plenty of criticism this year over the size of their smaller backrowers, but the Brumbies backrow that as excelled over the past month or so is even smaller on paper:

Cusack - 191cm / 101kg
Brown - 189cm / 105kg
Samu - 185cm / 102kg

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Pffft. Stats.

If we’re going to use stats I prefer that the Tahs have won 8/9 of the last matches between the two in Sydney, and that in 3 of the last 4 of those wins the Brumbies haven’t scored more than 8 points. Those stats are much more favourable for us than yours!

I'd perfer these stats The Tahs have lost five of their last six matches against the Brumbies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Phil Kearns Tears
Flash Flood
**WARNING**
has been issued for:
The Greater NSFW area
fireengine_zpskjyduzmv.jpg

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Becoming a very big fan of FF (Folau Fainga'a).

Valetini looking good besides a couple of errors.

Tahs no answers at the moment. Brumbies looking very comfortable and in control. They are having fun.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Although a Waratahs supporter, I’m somewhat happy the Brumbies are putting us to the sword as they really look like the only for Australian team capable of going past the QFs.
Agreed. I almost wanted the Rebels to win as well, to get into the finals. But they are officially a disgrace and im glad we blew their slim chances of qualification.