• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2019

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
Villa defeat Pats 38-19. Pats were brave , having a great first half to lead 14-12 at the break. Villa were definitely suffering a hangover from MCA. They played some really poor rugby in the first half. Pushed passes , dropping the pill and missing tackles.

Pats competed well however Villa class shone through in the second half and they simply blew Pats away.

Best players for Villa were the 2 , the 1 (outstanding game) and the 12.

For Pats the 15, the 7 and the 13 were pretty good.

melomvp

Allen Oxlade (6)
Lauries played well today should be intresting to see how the boys perform next week. My best players for lauries today was the Number 8 John Bryant, the 15 and the 14. The men in black are hoping to finsh off the season in 2nd place judging by the trial match played between the two SLC and Villa seem to be very even but i ultimately believe that SLC will prevail with a win.

Echidna

Ward Prentice (10)
If you look at the MCA wins against SLC / Villa and the Poo they are abt the same. From watching todays MCA game it was a great triumph for MCA. They had 6 players in doubt on Friday with flue and the No 7 (best on ground) was no certainty. I thought the poo was the best MCA played though this year and from what Ive hear two players spent ample time on the side line this year which could have changed things. (Maybe No 3). Anyway, MCA will have the premiership undefeated and justified.

Shungmao

Stan Wickham (3)
If you look at the MCA wins against SLC / Villa and the Poo they are abt the same. From watching todays MCA game it was a great triumph for MCA. They had 6 players in doubt on Friday with flue and the No 7 (best on ground) was no certainty. I thought the poo was the best MCA played though this year and from what Ive hear two players spent ample time on the side line this year which could have changed things. (Maybe No 3). Anyway, MCA will have the premiership undefeated and justified.
Well done to Ashgrove so far, a cracking year on the paddock. A deserved premiership but with one round to go it still could be shared.

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
SLC 10 A undefeated (incl ash )
SLC 10 B equal 2nd with Padua
The AIC comp is alive and well at the top 3-4 at least.

Right you are TP, the 10A's has been a very close comp this year, with only Peters and Eddies not in it. SLC has done very well but have had 2 wins by 1 point (Ash and Padua). There has also been a few other very close games (Iona beat Padua by 1, Villa beat Iona by 1, Pats over Padua by 3, Ash over Pats by 5, Padua over Villa by 8). In fact, I cannot remember an age group comp so evenly matched. There as been a few anomalies in the past few weeks with Ash beating Villa by 43 and SLC over Iona by 26 so I suspect injuries/illness may be testing the depth at some schools - can anyone verify this? Also, as we all know Ash has Dwayne Ludwick in the 1sts, do any other schools have year 10's in their 1sts? I heard one of the Villa centres is year 10. Either way things are gearing up for a very interesting 1st XV comp in 2021.

Sharron72

Frank Row (1)
Looking forward into next year I think that Marist and Villa have the best shot at winning the premiership next year. Villa have a star powered team with Muir (15) leading the backs and Harris (1) leading the forwards. Someone who I don't think have been given enough recognition this year is the young prodigy who plays 13 for Villa this year (Godwin I think). I think he is in grade 10. He will certainly be a force to be reckoned with.

B

Bob McCarthy

Right you are TP, the 10A's has been a very close comp this year, with only Peters and Eddies not in it. SLC has done very well but have had 2 wins by 1 point (Ash and Padua). There has also been a few other very close games (Iona beat Padua by 1, Villa beat Iona by 1, Pats over Padua by 3, Ash over Pats by 5, Padua over Villa by 8). In fact, I cannot remember an age group comp so evenly matched. There as been a few anomalies in the past few weeks with Ash beating Villa by 43 and SLC over Iona by 26 so I suspect injuries/illness may be testing the depth at some schools - can anyone verify this? Also, as we all know Ash has Dwayne Ludwick in the 1sts, do any other schools have year 10's in their 1sts? I heard one of the Villa centres is year 10. Either way things are gearing up for a very interesting 1st XV comp in 2021.

YES, just on that Tbone! Gus Godwin is the starting No. 13 for Villa in Grade 10 and has looked extremely sharp since the first round. He has scored just over 9 tries I think this season (from what I have heard) and he will definitely play a big role out at Runcorn this weekend. He never looked scared running out of the 60m tunnel at Villa Park when they faced Ashgrove there two weekends ago. He will be something to look forward to in the future as he develops as a player. He is already looking sharp in the centres and will have an interesting match up this weekend when the Villa boys head out to Runcorn. His opposition number from Lauries (Harry Farinbella, I think?) should not be going into the game believing he will be able to just run him over because he is in Grade 10, he is sure a force to be reckoned with and has proved this in the past rounds, he will hopefully shine in 2021!

The Mighty Quin

Frank Row (1)
I can confirm that Villa 10A’s have a lot of injuries and illness, coupled with the 13 playing 1st XV, this has left them a bit short. I believe that several B’s are also under an injury cloud which is testing the depth.

B

Bob McCarthy

I can confirm that Villa 10A’s have a lot of injuries and illness, coupled with the 13 playing 1st XV, this has left them a bit short. I believe that several B’s are also under an injury cloud which is testing the depth.

Heard that their C's team has actually gone undefeated this season with only arch rivals Lauries to face this week at Runcorn. Unsure as to why the C's are not playing upper grades though, heard they got some real depth and some good key players.

mazzarand

Frank Row (1)
I'd just like to point out that one of Villanova's strongest players is their 7 (Hamish McKee). I believe that he doesn't receive enough credit, as he is such an impact player. The reason why he doesn't get noticed enough is because he is always fishing for the ball or making a strong tackle against a much larger ball runner. His work rate is always heavily relied upon he truly is Villanova's workhorse.

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
After Lauries v Villanova this week, might be time to revisit the virtual AIC team of the year. It's a pity they're not picking one for real as it would have been an exceptionally strong XV.

melomvp

Allen Oxlade (6)
Looking forward into next year I think that Marist and Villa have the best shot at winning the premiership next year. Villa have a star powered team with Muir (15) leading the backs and Harris (1) leading the forwards. Someone who I don't think have been given enough recognition this year is the young prodigy who plays 13 for Villa this year (Godwin I think). I think he is in grade 10. He will certainly be a force to be reckoned with.

I would definitetly throw Lauries in the mix for next year, 10A team are currently undefeated coming into the final round i also believe that the 2nd XV are currently sitting 2nd behind ASH. I personally think it will be lauries, villa and ashgrove fighting it out in 2020.

The Whisperer

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Watching a lot of sport on the weekend and seeing a heap of AIC talent from over the years. So ive decided to have a crack at an AIC team of the decade (2010-2019). I'm sure I have missed a heap of names so let me know your thoughts.

1. Tonga Maafu (Marist College Ashgrove)
2. Bart Ritchie (Padua College)
3. Tom O'Toole (Padua College)
4. Michael Wood (Padua College)
5. Alex Perez (Padua College)
6. Lindsay Collins (Padua College)
7. Brad Wilkin (Iona College)
8. Lolo Fakaosilea (St. Patricks College)
9. Moses Sorovi (St. Peters Lutheran College)
10. Jake Turpin (St. Edmunds College)
11. Adrian Henley (St. Peters Lutheran College)
12. Christian Welch (Villanova College)
13. Sam Johnson (St. Edmunds College)
14. Jono Kent (Marist College Ashgrove)
15. Bryce Hegarty (Marist College Ashgrove)
RESERVES
16. Sam Richards (St. Laurences College)
17. Garrath Ryan (Padua College)
18. Carter Ozanne (Iona College
19. Lachlan Roe ( St. Edmunds College)
20. Michael Richards (Marist College Ashgrove)
21. Scott Malolua (Marist College Ashgrove)
22. Lawson Creighton (Padua College)
23. Clifton Setu (St. Edmunds College)

UNLUCKY TO MISS OUT
Tom Milosevic (St. Laurences College)
Liam Usher (Padua College)
Wyatt Setu (St. Edmunds College)
Jeral Skelton (St. Patricks College)
Rory Humphries (St. Edmunds College)

Team is mainly dominated by Marist, Padua and St.Edmunds who have arguably been the most dominant over the last decade IMHO.

Let me know your thoughts as I am sure i have missed quite a handful.