• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2020

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
If we lose Kuridrani, I'll be gutted. He's my favourite player. While I have a lot of hope for Ikitau, it's just not reasonable to assume that he can step up and fill the boots of one of the top three 13s in the world.

Edit: Wayne Smith reporting the following:
All indications are that Australian Test centre Tevita Kuridrani will brighten the mood in Canberra within the next 24 hours by announcing he is staying in the national capital.

Earlier in the season, there was a suggestion Kuridrani, who has played 58 Tests, might be headed back to his original home state, Queensland, but that danger appears to have passed.

“Tevita is very happy here,” said Brumbies coach Dan McKellar. “I don’t think you will find he is going anywhere.”
Source: https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...t/news-story/889dbf5da5d9bf3cd42a4dfca628e84a

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Also, if able, we should replace Les Makin with Shambeckler Vui. He only signed for the Tahs for two years and has been stuck behind Kepu and Johnson-Holmes, which is no insult. I'm yet to be convinced by Ross, particularly after his horror NRC season last year.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Also, if able, we should replace Les Makin with Shambeckler Vui. He only signed for the Tahs for two years and has been stuck behind Kepu and Johnson-Holmes, which is no insult. I'm yet to be convinced by Ross, particularly after his horror NRC season last year.

Vui hasn't lit up the SS nor has he been that impressive in his few Super Rugby chances. His perceived ceiling might be higher than Makin's but I wouldn't be letting a 60 odd Super Rugby game prop go at this stage.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Les is gone, otherwise I’d be happy to keep him!

I’m just concerned about us tying ourselves to an inadequate replacement. One injury to AAA next year and suddenly the starting THP for the defending Aussie champions is best known for conceding a massive number of penalties at scrum time in the NRC. There’s nobody at the Rebels worth taking and the best options at the Reds and Tahs (Tupou, R Smith, and Johnson-Holmes) are unavailable.

There are obviously a few JID candidates, but I remember the Vui we saw at the Force and have seen what Fisher, Palmer, and Murphy have done in the past to develop a guy with potential. So I would be keen to steal Vui.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Tom Ross is very young and inexperienced as far as props go. I think his form when he's come on in his appearances this year is a progression on his play in the NRC, so I have a fair amount of confidence he will grow into an excellent THP. Wouldn't hurt to have another strong player like Vui come in, but I'd think Ross will make next year or the one after.

Mudslider

Allen Oxlade (6)
With Poey gone, do we simply take it on the chin (nobody can replace him) and give the cap space and game time to guys who have impressed this year (eg. Brown, Samu)? Or do we try to replace him (eg. go for broke and make an offer for McMahon)?

I think the guys were have week 15 are proven, Samu, McCaffery, Cusack, Brown and Valentini and more importantly want to be here. Welcome the new young guy from Norths and get cracken in 2020. Their doing a excellent job...
I would now like to see a proven outside back and lock sign on for 2020 season.

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
Is anyone else concerned that we still havent heard about Lilo? I can only assume he wont continue with the club next year otherwise we would have heard by now?

Mudslider

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is anyone else concerned that we still havent heard about Lilo? I can only assume he wont continue with the club next year otherwise we would have heard by now?

Either way wishing him all the best... brumbies need a fly half mentor to the young dudes coming through... if not Christian then maybe Giteau...

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think they're perfectly happy to give Christian time to decide. See if he's called up for the Wallabies and see how it affects his desire to play next year. As long as he decides before preseason, we're fine.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
TK resigned for 2020
giphy.gif

giphy3.gif

Why are we doing this? It's really going to suck when half the team leaves at the end of next year.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
What can you say about Lealiifano? The guy is a leader to everyone at the team. It's so clear that everyone who knows him is inspired to be better just by being near the man. You can never say enough to celebrate Lealiifano's comeback: the 2017 friendly against the Asia-Pacific Dragons was not the first I had watched, but it was the first I really celebrated.

Plenty of time to celebrate him later, hopefully with a trophy. Now let's just win the damn thing and enjoy seeing a remarkable player in the form of his life.