• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I know this sounds strange, but Jesus fucking christ this line sounds bad. I thought he was parked

'According to police he was arrested in the early hours of May 16, drunk and asleep at the wheel of a moving car on Anzac Parade, one of the busiest roads in Sydney.'

Would have loved to see that arrest - drunk and asleep in a moving car while he was arrested. :D
Anzac Parade is far from one of the busiest roads in Sydney, in fact at that time would be empty, which is lucky, and might explain how he was moving along, drunk and asleep, rather than embedded in another vehicle. o_O
I'm struggling to comprehend the thought processes that get you in that position though. I reckon he got off a bit light.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Would have loved to see that arrest - drunk and asleep in a moving car while he was arrested. :D
Anzac Parade is far from one of the busiest roads in Sydney, in fact at that time would be empty, which is lucky, and might explain how he was moving along, drunk and asleep, rather than embedded in another vehicle. o_O
I'm struggling to comprehend the thought processes that get you in that position though. I reckon he got off a bit light.

I think a bit light..
no licence
Hammered
Asleep
People couldnt wake him
They had to jump in stop the car

Begs believe..

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Certainly can - when at the Brumbies was in the thick of it; plays a different style at the Tahs (although has won a lot of critical turnovers for the Tahs this year) and Wallabies - I'm going to go a bit left field and suggest it might be under instructions from coaches, although obviously, it was more likely a unilateral decision of his...

I've got no doubt the majority of it is instruction from the coaching staff. I honestly think Michael should keep doing mostly what he's doing and the selectors get some size back in the back row so he's not having to doing all the ball running and tackling himself. The bloke needs help out there.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
At this point, Cheika must be thinking we just start with the Brumbies 22 and tinker with maybe 2-3 spots. The other 3 sides are beyond abysmal, with no real positives to speak of at all.

Reactions: dru

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Eh, I think this seals Beale as the starting fullback.
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. TK
14. Maddocks
15. Beale

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
But you've still got Maddocks there...

Yeah, I still rate him. I know you'd suggest Banks, but I think Maddocks is a much better player despite recent form. DHP and Hodge can bugger off. But we need someone with pace and good under the high ball. I think debuting Banks would go similar to Jesse Mogg's stint in gold.

Who else do we have, Rona? Sefa? Put Petaia at wing?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah, I still rate him. I know you'd suggest Banks, but I think Maddocks is a much better player despite recent form. DHP and Hodge can bugger off. But we need someone with pace and good under the high ball. I think debuting Banks would go similar to Jesse Mogg's stint in gold.

Who else do we have, Rona? Sefa? Put Petaia at wing?

I was going to be a bit more diplomatic and say that Banks is definitely the better fullback...............

But fuck it.......... when I take in overall skillset, I would have to say Banks is the better player.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
At this point, Cheika must be thinking we just start with the Brumbies 22 and tinker with maybe 2-3 spots. The other 3 sides are beyond abysmal, with no real positives to speak of at all.

Nonsense.. Rodda and Kerevi are two positives at the Reds, followed by Tupou and Salakai-Loto. Naiavalu has also shown some good form in 2019, arguably the best defensive winger in Australia.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Where does Pulu sit in the pecking order?

Certainly if Petaia comes back from injury I think he’ll get a look in.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Pulu is eligible. He’s hands down the best defensive winger in Australia, just needs to get the ball in a bit more space so he can use his speed.

Brumbies will definitely be the core of the team but the other franchises do have some locks for starting roles i.e. Kerevi, Rodda, Hooper, Naisarani. Rebels are the most disappointing given the supposed quality they were meant to have, not sure guys like Hodge and Maddocks will make it this season.

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
Pulu is eligible. He’s hands down the best defensive winger in Australia, just needs to get the ball in a bit more space so he can use his speed.

Brumbies will definitely be the core of the team but the other franchises do have some locks for starting roles i.e. Kerevi, Rodda, Hooper, Naisarani. Rebels are the most disappointing given the supposed quality they were meant to have, not sure guys like Hodge and Maddocks will make it this season.

I like your optimism. We've seen this before.. brumbies the best team in the conference (admittedly the others not sucking as much) and gain a fair number of selections to the squad but the same old waratahs are picked (Foley, Phipps, Rona, Hanigan)

I'll believe it when i see McCaffery, Lilo, Banks, Powell get at least bench spots.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I like your optimism. We've seen this before.. brumbies the best team in the conference (admittedly the others not sucking as much) and gain a fair number of selections to the squad but the same old waratahs are picked (Foley, Phipps, Rona, Hanigan)

I'll believe it when i see McCaffery, Lilo, Banks, Powell get at least bench spots.

We actually have test calibre players now coming through in positions where we need them though. We've hardly had anyone outside Pocock, Hooper, and McMahon putting their hand up for a back row position consistently since 2015. Samu, Valetini, and McCaffery are all good enough to make (at least) the Wallaby squad. I don't think it was some conspiracy of Cheika's to pick Tahs' players, they just happened to be the best we had at the time (which isn't saying a lot).

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
We actually have test calibre players now coming through in positions where we need them though. We've hardly had anyone outside Pocock, Hooper, and McMahon putting their hand up for a back row position consistently since 2015. Samu, Valetini, and McCaffery are all good enough to make (at least) the Wallaby squad. I don't think it was some conspiracy of Cheika's to pick Tahs' players, they just happened to be the best we had at the time (which isn't saying a lot).

The form of Samu over the season makes it even more surprising he didnt get taken to the previous Wallabies Camp...

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Hmm Samu hasn’t convinced me to be honest, he is playing in a form team at the moment but I don’t see his individual skill as been much better then others in his positions

Status
Not open for further replies.