• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
He would need to earn 1.05million/year in AUS to equal a 1.2million/year in Japan IF treated to all the same insurance/pension costs etc etc that company employees are over there.

With first deal - they were 1.2 MILLION dollars over three years short. Not a small amount at all when you are supporting a wider family and have a limited time to produce this income.

I'd drop the wallabies in a heart beat for 3 short years for a MILLION DOLLARS, not to mention an easier workload and support your brother who lives there.

People saying - oh only 25-50% better, not that much, value in gold jersey....c'mon. He is here when it counts and will be back when it counts. What would YOU do for a million bucks. Not like he is a GPS boy and can pick a passion career because his parents will leave him a inheritance to help retire on. What's he going to do from age 35-85? Sit back an say - shit...wish I earnt that extra million in my mid 20's when I had the chance.

Though it should have been a better offer from the start, hooper 6 over 5 and kerevi gets offered 2.4 over 3. Crap. We are Australia - mass producers of amazing opensides. What do we suck at producing consistently? CENTRES

B

Bobby Sands

Tasi Tasi to play the last 20 minutes for the Tahs. No idea why we didn't sign him.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I don’t know much about him Bobby. How do you rate him against someone like Wiseman?

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
I don’t know much about him Bobby. How do you rate him against someone like Wiseman?
He went with QC (Quade Cooper) down to Melbourne but really wasn’t given a look in. I think just on a training agreement.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Tasi Tasi to play the last 20 minutes for the Tahs. No idea why we didn't sign him.

Probably because Reds had plenty of depth at centre(Kerevi, Petaia, Paia’aua and Feauai-Sautia), it was outside backs and fly-half where they were short.

B

Bobby Sands

Probably because Reds had plenty of depth at centre(Kerevi, Petaia, Paia’aua and Feauai-Sautia), it was outside backs and fly-half where they were short.

He played on the wing for the Tahs and was part of a fantastic try.

Played wing for the Rabbitohs as well.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Was never particularly impressed with Kellaway at the 'Tahs. Had a great backline to work with and never really showed form.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'd take Kellaway on a low level contact, I think he could offer plenty. I'd also be happy for Debreczeni to come and allow him to play NPC if he wants.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
He played on the wing for the Tahs and was part of a fantastic try.

Played wing for the Rabbitohs as well.

And he played back row in schoolboys and centre during NRC, i understand he came off the bench for the Tahs as a winger, but he is a centre going forward.

He is certainly worth a look for 2020 given the Reds have lost Kerevi and Paia’aua

B

Bobby Sands

And he played back row in schoolboys and centre during NRC, i understand he came off the bench for the Tahs as a winger, but he is a centre going forward.

He is certainly worth a look for 2020 given the Reds have lost Kerevi and Paia’aua

Is he? I’ll take your word for it I guess mate ;)

I think he’s a no brainer this season and next. The fact he can play multiple positions is simply a bonus.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Skelton and now Kellaway..... What's with you blokes wanting us to recruit in positions we don't need to. We have Daugunu, Campbell, Speight, CFS, Hardy, Hegarty, Stewart and McGahan who all play or can play 11, 14 and 15 aka Kellaway's positions.

Spend the money on Meakes and whatever else is left over on the NRC/Development/Grass roots. Otherwise you're pissing money we don't have away.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
We don't need backs IMHO. The depth has been well and truly tested this year and funnily enough we've managed to get through the season & blokes have well and truly stood up.

We've got riches in the back and second rows, props pretty good depth as well. HH been a revelation. I'd like a hard running 8 but I think we can develop one of the loosies. ASY (Angus Scott-Young) still best @ 6 but if he can improve his running game could be a good long term answer. But we need him on the field regardless, the amount of work he gets through is unbelievable. I'm not sure we'll see the Wright McReight Scott-Young 6 7 8 backrow combo but geez it's a tasty proposition.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Honestly I feel like I've been watching different matches to some of you.

The Reds have close to the worst backline in the comp (nominate a worse one?). And we are losing the only effective tactic we had all year - pass it to Samu. We desperately need to increase the creativity of our inside backs at a minimum