• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Didn’t Cranbrook play Joeys twice in the 80’s, winning both games? (1sts v 1sts).

tenor.gif

thedutchoven

Chris McKivat (8)
Not in my day and I go back to the 70's
Never in the 80's when my two younger brothers were at Joeys.
Not in the 90's when my cousins attended.
Not in the 00's either.

So, have Joeys ever played Cranbrook? (Joeys lower grade teams have played Cranbrook A teams in the past, NOT 1st vs 1st)

Joker with some knowledge and backed up wisdom.

Would be interesting to see Cranbrook against Joey’s in preseason instead of that Waverley at “Death Valley”.

TDO.

TheBigKebab

Frank Row (1)
Completely agree. Cranbrook with good depth, however dropping Lamens (15) would’ve pushed brook more tonight.

Good score for a game underlights and rain.

TDO.

Nothing beats schoolboy footy at night. Last year I went and watched Cranbrook vs Grammar at Easts on a chilly friday evening under the lights. While it was an entirely one sided game it was a great spectacle. The food was a bit dear though.
Perhaps we will begin to see more games played on friday nights, the boys buzzing after a week at school and the parents ready for something exciting after a long week at work.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Nothing beats schoolboy footy at night. Last year I went and watched Cranbrook vs Grammar at Easts on a chilly friday evening under the lights. While it was an entirely one sided game it was a great spectacle. The food was a bit dear though.
Perhaps we will begin to see more games played on friday nights, the boys buzzing after a week at school and the parents ready for something exciting after a long week at work.

Friday nights play havoc with the boarders schedule at Joeys.
Great idea, but 3.15pm is sacred!

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)
Didn’t Cranbrook play Joeys twice in the 80’s, winning both games? (1sts v 1sts).
They played 85, 86 & 87

Cranbrook won 85,
Joeys won 86 (very close - Cranbrrook scored a Try to win the game, but was disallowed by a Joeys school kid touchie @ Hordern)
87 Cranbrook played a half Joeys 1sts/2ndXV - might have been a draw that year? Not a strong year for Brook.

Incompetent Crockpot

Bob McCowan (2)
Cheers TDO, sounded like a great match. Gee i wish the GPS would hold friday night games - imagine the crowds they'd rake in. Looking forward to hearing all about the matches tomorrow.

Hoo Roo!

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
They played 85, 86 & 87

Cranbrook won 85,
Joeys won 86 (very close - Cranbrrook scored a Try to win the game, but was disallowed by a Joeys school kid touchie @ Hordern)
87 Cranbrook played a half Joeys 1sts/2ndXV - might have been a draw that year? Not a strong year for Brook.

I am not a Cranbrook dad, but I know Bolivia rather well, and his rugby and cricket knowledge rivals Allan McGilvray, for those who can relate to that, I am very sure sure that his comment about Cranbrook beating Joeys in 1985 will be correct.
Ask him who were the touchies!

Incompetent Crockpot

Bob McCowan (2)
Inclined to agree with you her Mr TheBigKebab. I think there needs to be a restructure of the fixture system. It is outdated and boring.

I was at a Riverview v Shore basketball match on a friday night earlier this year. Incredible atmosphere, the chants were as loud as I'd ever heard them. I do hope the AAGPS can pull up their socks and hold at least a few friday night games - frees up the weekend!

Hoo Roo.

TheBigKebab

Frank Row (1)
I was at a Riverview v Shore basketball match on a friday night earlier this year. Incredible atmosphere, the chants were as loud as I'd ever heard them. I do hope the AAGPS can pull up their socks and hold at least a few friday night games - frees up the weekend!

Hoo Roo.

Inclined to agree. Having watched the Emmy award winning show 'Friday night lights' I crave something similar as to the games put on display in that classic show.

Incompetent Crockpot

Bob McCowan (2)
Just checked the weather reports tomorrow (via the Bureau of Meteorology [BOM]). Things not looking too good in the afternoon. And i quote "70% chance of showers along the coastal fringe in the afternoon and evening" end quote. Make sure to pack your umbrellas and raincoats.

Hoo roo.

Status
Not open for further replies.