• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
More

Joeys 16B 51 Grammar 16A 0

Joeys 15A 12 Shore 14 (Joeys "weakest" A team. Well done Shore)
Joeys 15F 20 Grammar 15B 15

Joeys 13F 10 Shore 13D 27

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Wasn’t that the Joeys 15A team that beat the undefeated Newington team of two years last week?

It well could have been. The 14A team in 2018 was considered weak having played 12 won 5 and lost 7.
They had lost to Shore 19-12 and Newington 27-12 a week later
This year there are 2 new boys I know of in the team.

The Joeys Under 14's cohort in 2018 won only 42.3% of their games, slightly better than the 13's who won 42.2%. The best performing cohort was the Under 16 winning 81% of their games, followed by the opens.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
From the TAS pages, he is slowly getting better. There has been some fund raising and promotion for him. Would you like me to find out the details?

why not post them here. I am sure there are plenty in the greater GPS community willing to donate.

Would seem like a slightly better investment than Izzy's Go fund me.

brumbiesrugby

Trevor Allan (34)
Fine and cool with a breeze here at the Hill. Looking forward to a good day and hopefully the rain stays away.
D08FD923-B087-4457-B3AD-28284AC2E45C.jpeg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
More results

Joeys 12th 54 Kings 9th 7 (the entertainers had another good win. Well done lads)

Joeys 16A 33 Shore 7 (Joeys looked strong)
Joeys 16G 26 Shore 19

Joeys 15E 17 Shore 15D 12
Joeys 15G 48 Shore 15E 33 (Well done wild things. Won at "Eden ParK' too. College A)

Joeys 14A 72 Shore 0 (This team is something special)
Joeys 14D 22 Shore 14C 26

Joeys 13E 7 Grammar 13B 14 (well done Grammar! Is this a sign of the resurgence?)

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Bit of trivia I just learned today from a class of 79 Old Boy.

"Walk On" started in 1979 (I thought 81) and was introduced by John Field, Anthony Field and Tony Henry.
John Field snr had spoken to his sons and remarked that Joeys needed an inspirational song to get the blood going.
Before "walk on" the boys would sing the College war cry which starts with these inspirational words,
"Hoggity Hoggity whish wham wop, Hindu buddy wuddy give it all your got"
(Junior teams still sing this for other teams AND the 2nd XV sing it for the 1st XV. bad luck if they don't)

So I am told they watched the English Football highlights and noted LFC using the song Walk On.
They then adapted it, using only words below and ran it past Br Geoffrey Schwagger who loved it.
It was debuted in assembly and then used for the first time in the Grammar game (The only game they won in 79')
Since then it has been sung at the start of all Joeys 1st XV comp games. Not used often in trials. (bad luck)
The things you learn at the BBQ.

Walk on, walk on
With fire in your heart
And you never walk
Alone
You never walk
Alone

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
The Joey's thirds are in for it today. Grammar first XV are in blinding form. Heard that a certain Stirling Smith is in blinding form. Reading the game like no other. Form of his life. One to watch out for

Joeys up 26-10
Entertaining game. Grammar never gave up from what I could see from behind the BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.