• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2019

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Cant wait for our usual argumentative banter about who is in and who is out of the CAS side. It should generate at least 5 pages. You ready WLF? Will fill in idle moments for at least the next week...

Has, I don't think I will have anything to add!

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Cant wait for our usual argumentative banter about who is in and who is out of the CAS side. It should generate at least 5 pages. You ready WLF? Will fill in idle moments for at least the next week...

It will actually be hard to argue with the selectors (I mean reasonably - you can find an unreasonable argument anywhere you look). I'd say the only absolute CAS 1sts certainty is Pollard. Hawkes would be unlucky to miss out. For most other positions you could name three contenders who would all have a reasonable claim.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
I thought the Trinity front row did well today, especially around the park. Despite being done over a few times by the Reds front row, they were good. Agree with Snort that Hawkes played well, but for mine its is impossible to go past Wilson (best on ground today) Pollard and Brown. They have the muscle and technique to best the GPS lads. I think Cameron (B) has to be 5 along with Buchanan from Trinity who has a big motor and ran all day today.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Wilson was on fire. Best on the ground. His runs up the middle were Pollard clone runs. He was unstoppable.

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)
Pollards tackle on the No11 was felt all over the ground. I think the Trinity No 9 would be a great player unfortunately he is a bit small

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I thought the Trinity front row did well today, especially around the park. Despite being done over a few times by the Reds front row, they were good. Agree with Snort that Hawkes played well, but for mine its is impossible to go past Wilson (best on ground today) Pollard and Brown. They have the muscle and technique to best the GPS lads. I think Cameron (B) has to be 5 along with Buchanan from Trinity who has a big motor and ran all day today.

Not around Bellevue Hill though. ;)

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
The CAS team just got announced and is absolutely dominated by Waverley players (almost 50%).

Trouble is it's the AFL team...

MagicMike

Stan Wickham (3)
That would be interesting. Must have been a back as I cannot think a front rower would put up with this.
From the highlights video I counted two Barker players with head gear. on as they ran out (no. 6 and No. 9)
The two second rowers had their ears/heads taped.
I think there may have been more.

WHAT IS INTERESTING was this still I took from the highlights video. It was only quick
NOTE the radio handset clipped to the coaches jumper.

This would make sense if the coach was away from the sideline but later in the video he is seen 1 m away from the field. This is by no way conclusive evidence of underhanded skullduggery. It is though an odd look to see a coach, on the sideline with a radio mic hanging from his collar. Who would he be speaking to?

Can anyone here elaborate on this?

64766590_455112925064245_866080928332513280_n.jpg
Great work Columbo!

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)
CAS U16's Announced

No Name School
1 Dion Yazdani Barker College
2 Tyrone Albertyn Barker College
3 Jack Black Knox Grammar School
4 Fritz Jahnke-Tavana Waverley College
5 Clem Halaholo Waverley College
6 Davvy Moale Waverley College
7 Ethan King Waverley College
8 Edward Slack-Smith Barker College
9 Klayton Thorn Waverley College
10 Emmanuel Di Bartolo Waverley College
11 Harry Gosper Knox Grammar School
12 Aaron Dimovitch Waverley College
13 Jack Colbran Barker College
14 Ethan Flanagan Waverley College
15 Luke Tucker Knox Grammar School
16 Tyson Jackson Trinity Grammar School
17 Bertie Alcock Trinity Grammar School
18 Reeve Smith Waverley College
19 Austen Clarke St Aloysius College
20 Aidan Galloway Barker College
21 Alex Elder Waverley College
22 Charlie Herdman Knox Grammar School
23 Hunter Hannaford Trinity Grammar School
24 Jack Hickey Waverley College
25 Eli Sangala Barker College

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I see WLF junior gets a run in the CAS Under16s. Nice going.

Also GPS has named its four sides and reserves. The seven kids who miss out on a rep jersey must feel lousy.