• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tap n Go

Allen Oxlade (6)
New GPS revised teams.

Firsts no changes

2nds - Lowry (Newington), Rugless (Scots) both omitted injured.

Attachments

• AAGPS-COMBINED-REPRESENTATIVE-TEAMS-2019-Revised-23-June (1).docx
    26.4 KB · Views: 545

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
New GPS revised teams.

Firsts no changes

2nds - Lowry (Newington), Rugless (Scots) both omitted injured.

Dalton(J) is going to have a busy afternoon, playing against himself in both the Blue and White teams.

I'm guessing they meant Saar(J) in the Whites at No4, since he's disappeared off the reserves list and plays No4?

ItsNotPink

Bill Watson (15)
Dalton(J) is going to have a busy afternoon, playing against himself in both the Blue and White teams.

I'm guessing they meant Saar(J) in the Whites at No4, since he's disappeared off the reserves list and plays No4?

Could be, but worth noting that Bill Dalton and Ben Dalton both play play 1sts / 2nds for Joeys. Where too many Daltons are barely enough :)

ZHC

Peter Burge (5)
Does anyone know what the story is with Joseph Sua'ali'i? He hasn't played since the Waverley game!! Not picked in any of the GPS teams, opens or 16s!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
There are three rounds remaining in all competitions. Home team mentioned first.

Saturday 27 July
1st & 2nd XV Round 3
Joeys v Riverview; Scots v Kings; Shore v Newington

Joeys v Riverview shapes as a cracker already.

At this early stage I'd expect Scots and Newington to win the other two games.

Newington and Riverview still in contention for a joint premiership but obviously Joeys and Scots each have to lose a game for that to occur.

The possibility of undefeated Scots and Joeys playing off for the title in round 5 is also a distinct possibility. Plenty of rugby ahead.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Could be, but worth noting that Bill Dalton and Ben Dalton both play play 1sts / 2nds for Joeys. Where too many Daltons are barely enough :)

MV5BY2M3MjRlNzQtNTcyNS00MmE2LWFkMzYtZWJlZDQyYzJjNWQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTk1MTk0MDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Tap n Go

Allen Oxlade (6)
Does anyone know what the story is with Joseph Sua'ali'i? He hasn't played since the Waverley game!! Not picked in any of the GPS teams, opens or 16s!

Whilst the league boys add to the flavour of the competition as well as obvious freakish talent, the 2 Kings centres that have not played were the reasons they were joint premiers last season.
1 is in a boot due to leg injury in Origin, other was ruled out by league club doctor and told not to play.

Wristman

Alfred Walker (16)
Joeys v Riverview shapes as a cracker already.

At this early stage I'd expect Scots and Newington to win the other two games.

Newington and Riverview still in contention for a joint premiership but obviously Joeys and Scots each have to lose a game for that to occur.

The possibility of undefeated Scots and Joeys playing off for the title in round 5 is also a distinct possibility. Plenty of rugby ahead.

Tough draw for Riverview this year playing both Scots and Joeys away.
In a tight competition home advantage significant.
Joeys fortunate to play both Scots and Riverview at home.
No excuses if they don't lift the trophy this year!

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Ok everyone.
Now is the time to gaze into your collective crystal balls and predict todays results.
GPS 1st vs CAS 1st.

1 Angus Websdale (J)
2 Hamish Moore (S)
3 Daniel Botha (S)
4 Angus Houston (J)
5 Simeone Schmidt (I)
6 Henry O’Kane (J)
7 Jacob Ratcliff (N)
8 Hugh Bokenham (J) (Capt)
9 Lachlan Albert (I)
10 Jude Gibbs (J)
11 Tolu Koula (N)
12 Nick Chan (J)
13 Dan O’Brien (J)
14 Jack Mossman (S)
15 John Connolly (K)

CPS team looks very strong on paper with a good balance of a Scots front row which has been very effective so far. Back row look deadly with all three being able to cart the ball up. I like the Newington 7 who is a real ball snitch, The backs have many weapons and will get great service from Albert (good pass) and Gibbs who provides the direction. Centre pairing again will provide good ball to the wings who will do well if the track is dry-ish. I expect GPS by 10+

GPS 2nd Xv vs GAS 2nd XV

1. Dean Begetis (N)
2. Thomas Maka(N)
3. Oliver Hannan (I)
4. Lachlan Doust (I)
5. Thomas Bedingfield (S)
6. Thomas Aveyard (S)
7. Cassius Clinton (I)
8. Dally Bird (I)
9. Seb Ewington (N)
10. Tevita Vei (N) (Capt)
11. Sam Kanaan (J)
12. Bill Delany (I)
13. George Clark (I)
14. Ben Dowling (J)
15. Kaeo Weekes (N)

The GPS team again has gone for combinations as the View centres are dynamic. They will have some speed outside them with Kanaan and Dowling, both known finishers. Forwards look good, but I watched the View 8 walking at the end of the Scots game. Great for 50 minutes. What will hinder the whole team will be selfish play and hence they could end up being their own worst enemy. This is the danger of these games as players who would normally put school above self suddenly think, "now is my time...f%$k it... I am not passing". We have all seen it, and it raises it's ugly head at this time of year.

If GPS play as a team, then they will win by 20+. Play selfish, they will win by 5.

Finally, as I am working today, WHO WILL BE THERE AND PROVIDE UPDATES?

runningrugby1

Herbert Moran (7)
Key Match-Ups.

On paper in 1sts, I can't see CAS coming anywhere near GPS. But the back of my mind says it could be close. The backline is all class and the forwards are strong, no gaps anywhere.

Forwards:
2 - Moore vs Pollard - two very big strong lads with experience. Hamish Moore an SG Ball Sydney Rooster I believe and Billy Pollard a 2018 Aus Schoolboy. Pollard loves putting on a big shot but went missing a little bit in attack against Trinity. Moore is very consistent in defence and very few errors. May come down to skills such as lineout throwing and hooking in the scrums etc but I believe this will be the number one match up in the forwards.

7 - Breden vs Ratcliff - these two will cause havoc at the breakdown, similar styles of play with neither being big ball runners but both excellent over the ball. Might come down to a pilfer count!

Backs:
10 - Vuki vs Gibbs - have played each other in younger years while Gibbs was at Brook, but have both improved threefold as flyhalves since. Vuki an underrated x-factor and may be able to apply pressure on Gibbs and disrupt his superb control and ability to create time and space. Gibbs potentially has a better backline to work with around him, so may be the better 10 today.

13 - Rechner vs O'Brien - O'Brien highly regarded this season, and deserves his selection with a bounty of tries and is excellent when given space. However, I think Rechner will have his number today. He is strong and aggressive, won't give O'Brien space to run and will bust his tackles all game I think. Potentially a chance for Vuki and him to link up and expose one area where they could get over GPS.

Should be interesting. Anyone there to film??

anotherfatprop

Bob McCowan (2)
Key Match-Ups.

On paper in 1sts, I can't see CAS coming anywhere near GPS. But the back of my mind says it could be close. The backline is all class and the forwards are strong, no gaps anywhere.

Forwards:
2 - Moore vs Pollard - two very big strong lads with experience. Hamish Moore an SG Ball Sydney Rooster I believe and Billy Pollard a 2018 Aus Schoolboy. Pollard loves putting on a big shot but went missing a little bit in attack against Trinity. Moore is very consistent in defence and very few errors. May come down to skills such as lineout throwing and hooking in the scrums etc but I believe this will be the number one match up in the forwards.

7 - Breden vs Ratcliff - these two will cause havoc at the breakdown, similar styles of play with neither being big ball runners but both excellent over the ball. Might come down to a pilfer count!

Backs:
10 - Vuki vs Gibbs - have played each other in younger years while Gibbs was at Brook, but have both improved threefold as flyhalves since. Vuki an underrated x-factor and may be able to apply pressure on Gibbs and disrupt his superb control and ability to create time and space. Gibbs potentially has a better backline to work with around him, so may be the better 10 today.

13 - Rechner vs O'Brien - O'Brien highly regarded this season, and deserves his selection with a bounty of tries and is excellent when given space. However, I think Rechner will have his number today. He is strong and aggressive, won't give O'Brien space to run and will bust his tackles all game I think. Potentially a chance for Vuki and him to link up and expose one area where they could get over GPS.

Should be interesting. Anyone there to film??

Rechner vs O'Brien - The matchup of the night for mine. Rechner is very strong both on attack and defense however out of position, could be an issue as Dan O'Brien is very experienced there. It will be won or lost with their respective defenses. In addition, believe the 10,12,13 joeys combination will prove very helpful as they can run their plays from school whereas CAS came together for the first time two days ago. Very intriguing nonetheless. Can't Wait!

Vintage Red

Herbert Moran (7)
Tough draw for Riverview this year playing both Scots and Joeys away.
In a tight competition home advantage significant.
Joeys fortunate to play both Scots and Riverview at home.
No excuses if they don't lift the trophy this year!

Wristman - tough draw last year when Joeys played both Scots and Riverview away

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
OK, I am not there but member Rod Skellet over at CAS is and he is posting updates.
Last one said Try to O'Kane GPS lead 7 ni.
Head over there if you want regular updates.
And remember to be nice, they can play rough if you say the wrong thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.