• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2020

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
And one final thought, what became of Todd louden? Who started with them again this season , but I have a feeling he only stayed up until the start of the tidal turn. Anyone know if he is still in Melbourne?

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
And one final thought, what became of Todd louden? Who started with them again this season , but I have a feeling he only stayed up until the start of the tidal turn. Anyone know if he is still in Melbourne?

He was on the FOX footage vs. Chiefs so must still have been there then, at least.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
I wonder how much lies with the players or Wessels? I don't buy that there wasn't a plan B, I think maybe the players got a bit complacent, There was never any chance that QC (Quade Cooper), WG, DHP, RH, AC (when fit) were ever going to be dropped so weren't playing for their shirt.

I'd like to see a senior DoR come to put the fear into the players, a Eddie Jones, Jake White type of character.

It'll be interesting to see how Shaun Berne goes at the WC.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Interesting. He's qualified for Fiji right? What's the new residence requirements for swapping countries?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Interesting. He's qualified for Fiji right? What's the new residence requirements for swapping countries?

he won't switch. He's played for Fiji this year and will go to the World Cup (barring injury).

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
If he’d only signed for a year I’d have guessed he was just keeping the seat warm until Nic White arrived. But if it’s for two years I’m guessing that might mean White is headed to the Brumbies?

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
If he’d only signed for a year I’d have guessed he was just keeping the seat warm until Nic White arrived. But if it’s for two years I’m guessing that might mean White is headed to the Brumbies?

Maybe, or Goddard might be moving on?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)

Comes down to what Goddard is doing I'd imagine. If he's sticking around and White is coming I would certainly be happy about it, but I'd be surprised if a guy with his talent would be willing to stick around for so long as a bench/rotation/development player if someone offered consistent gametime elsewhere.

If Goddard is going, I'd I would imagine/hope we'd have to have White on the way too, alongside at least a new developing scrummie, and perhaps a ringer for the first half of the season for potential injury cover.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Intention is for Goddard to be the back up. He will get a full NRC campaign in and minutes off the bench next year.

Don’t be surprised to see some links with K Hunt even if they retain Meakes.