• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2020

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Yeah, RC, Enever will be much better value than Frost next year and perhaps the one after. If Frost can learn not to be beaten by a small step and to get low enough to actually make a tackle, then his value will rise substantially. I think it will come with more maturity.

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
Why are they picking starters and replacements out of the squad for next year already. Surely it would be better to tell them it's all up for grabs and dependant on NRC and preseason!

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The words I'm hearing (which knew about Speight weeks in advance but got the QF teamsheet pretty badly wrong two days early so accuracy is not established) are that Swain and Douglas are penciled in as the starting locks for next year, with Frost considered the first choice replacement.

Which sucks for Enever, who I feel has never really put a foot wrong for us.
Yeah you would have to think that Enever will leave if his seen behind Frost and Douglas..

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Why are they picking starters and replacements out of the squad for next year already. Surely it would be better to tell them it's all up for grabs and dependant on NRC and preseason!

Generally agree, and I imagine McKellar and co have said as much to the players. However, it's a foolish coach who hasn't got some kind of idea of what they want right now.

The 2018 NRC season didn't get Hawera or JJH into the starting side, because it was already clear that Lilo was the 10. Sam Windsor (oh what could have been (go Houston Sabrecats)) was pretty bloody good for the NSW Country Eagles in 2014, but couldn't get a look in for the Brumbies squad. It's hard to win a spot from outside the team proper.

Yeah you would have to think that Enever will leave if his seen behind Frost and Douglas..
I won't be shocked if we release him sometime in the offseason so he can pick up an overseas contract.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Hi Brumby Runner,
From Rugby.com

12. Noah Lolesio, 19, Tuggeranong Vikings

scw_8906_noah_lolesio.jpg
Junior Wallabies centre Noah Lolesio. Photo: Stu Walmsley/RUGBY.com.au
Went to Canberra after finishing school on the Gold Coast and strong club form saw him win a development contract with the Brumbies. The 2017 Aussie schoolboy also played NRC for the Vikings in 2018.

Lolesio recently got a contract extension and upgrade into the Brumbies full-time squad and is one of the front runners to replace Christian Lealiifano at the Brumbies.

I would prefer Noah at the Mighty Reds, if you guys don't want him, we will be happy to have him back..I hear Brad Thorn and his committee are chasing him very hard at the moment.

Bugger! You noticed him. He is showing all the right signs we just need to see how he copes at the big dance. Keep your eye on this one! ;)

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Noah's chances have skyrocketed now that Wright has shifted to the wing. If he forms a good partnership with Ikitau, he'll be a shoe-in by 2023.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
He certainly looked the goods at 12 for the U20s. I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Robbie Coleman/JJH.

He doesn't seem the same sort of player, his much more physical then both those guys, and also about 5 cm's taller and 5 kg's bigger. Bigger doesn't mean better, his only young and his 90 Kg's he only a 2kg and 2 cm's off the size of Matt To'omua.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
There's about a one-in-three chance that Simone takes over as the 10 next year, in which case you might expect Noah to slot in at 12. It's probably more likely than having Noah at 10 and Simone at 12. But Kuenzle should be considered favourite for the 10 shirt, and McKellar has shown his willingness to rotate the 12 this year.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
There's about a one-in-three chance that Simone takes over as the 10 next year, in which case you might expect Noah to slot in at 12. It's probably more likely than having Noah at 10 and Simone at 12. But Kuenzle should be considered favourite for the 10 shirt, and McKellar has shown his willingness to rotate the 12 this year.
It would be the most Australian thing ever to take a player finally finding his feet in one position, and move him to another.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I don't see the problem of Noah just continuing to train and work hard for the same spot. Brumbies have done this perfectly over the lest 2-3 years. Perfect example is Darcy Swain. Has been on the fringes for 2 years now and is finally starting to crack the bench. Next year will be a Bench/Occasional starting option. Parfect for his development as he will be 23ish.

No need for us to rush Noah. Yes he is very very good but continual development can only help. Simone looks solid in that spot and would be unwise to move him.

Kuenzle is a developing 10. Anyone else in the squad currently who can play there?

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I've been enjoying making the finals themed quizes, so I decided to throw one together for Lealiifano on his 150th cap.
Question #1
Christian Lealiifano will play his 150th Brumbies game this weekend. What is the highest number of consecutive games he has played, and how many caps would he have had if he played every game since the start of his Brumbies career?
(3 points for picking the correct number of consecutive games, 1 point for being within 5 games, 3 points for correctly picking the number of caps, 1 point for being within ten caps.)
Question #2
Christian Lealiifano has had two unbeaten years at home in his Brumbies career. Which years did he achieve this?
(2 points for correctly picking each year.)
Question #3
Christian Lealiifano has won a game for the Brumbies with a late drop-goal. Who did the Brumbies beat, what was the score, and how many other points did he score in that game?
(2 points for correctly picking the opposition, 1 point for correctly picking the score, 1 point for correctly picking Lealiifano's score.)
Question #4
Christian Lealiifano has been involved in two Brumbies wins which held the opposition scoreless. Who were the opponents, which year did these wins happen, and how many points did Christian score in each game?
(2 point for correctly picking both teams, 1 point for correctly picking each of the years they occured, 1 point for correctly picking Christian's score total in each game.)
Question #5
Christian Lealiifano has played 149 games for the Brumbies. Which position has he won the most games playing, and in which position does he have the highest win-rate?​
(2 points for correctly picking each position.)
Question #6
Christian Lealiifano has only come off the bench six times in his Brumbies career. Name the five teams he has come off the bench against, and how many of those games he won.​
(1 point for correctly picking each team, 2 points for correctlypicking the number of wins.)
Question #7
Christian Lealiifano is Brumby number 108. Which team did he score his 108th point against, who did he play against in his 108th game, and which years did these games happen in?​
(2 points for correctly picking each team, 2 points for correctly picking each year.)
Question #8
Christian Lealiifano scored 238 points in 2013. How many didn't come from penalties?
(3 points for correctly picking the number of points, 1 point for being within 10 points.)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Noah's chances have skyrocketed now that Wright has shifted to the wing. If he forms a good partnership with Ikitau, he'll be a shoe-in by 2023.

I think Wright's move to the wing is probably interim to allow him to get the feel for the game again. I expect he will be well and truly in the mix for the 10 or 12 spot come 2021 or 2022, but on form currently Simone must have a mortgage on 12 while-ever he remains a Brumby.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
He doesn't seem the same sort of player, his much more physical then both those guys, and also about 5 cm's taller and 5 kg's bigger. Bigger doesn't mean better, his only young and his 90 Kg's he only a 2kg and 2 cm's off the size of Matt To'omua.

Agree that he looks more physical than either of Robbie or Jordan. But on present stature, Bayley Keunzle at 92kg and 186cm is already more likely to make the grade.

S

Show-n-go

Don’t know what they plan to do with Wright, Pasitoa, Kuenzle, Lolesio long term, they all look (fingers crossed) to be good talent that should be starting at some stage in the future

Maybe

10) Lolesio
11) Wright
12) Pasitoa
15) Kuenzle

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think Wright's move to the wing is probably interim to allow him to get the feel for the game again. I expect he will be well and truly in the mix for the 10 or 12 spot come 2021 or 2022, but on form currently Simone must have a mortgage on 12 while-ever he remains a Brumby.

He would have to improve his passing to play 12, but that's not out of the question, I would think that he can probably find a spot on the wing/fullback role for a while. I really do think his ability to beat a guy size and speed makes him a really good roving winger.