• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

S

Show-n-go

I literally don’t even know what can be attributed to her, either positively or negatively during her time in rugby.......does anyone? Literally only thing of note is the “he who must not be named” case and her impact in that is subjective af

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Is that type of letter/update a regular monthly thing that comes out on a Thursday? Or was yesterday any more significant.....

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It’s not the first thing I’ve ever received from Raelene but they are generally pretty ad lib I think.

Samson

Chris McKivat (8)
Give RA credit for mailing the grass roots directly. Would have liked to be informed as to how the admin is growing the game. It is one thing to report growth and enjoy the reflected glory but is the growth due to RA initiatives or through other means? In my coastal location the game is thriving due to well run junior and senior clubs that are active in the local community, offer good coaching and instil sportsmanship that attracts parents. Apart from the Campo (a successful) day we have had no outside assistance.
The new junior pathways have helped us to No2 at u20's. That's great but given the reliance on private school players and the threat to that nursery from AFL we need to get into suburban areas that are currently under resourced. Would appreciate RA providing details of their development strategy. They might be surprised at the support the grass roots can be.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
People: What a shocking newsletter, we've stopped listening to this rubbish.

The same people a month ago: Where's Raelene/RA stand on <INSERT ISSUE HERE>??? She's in hiding!! Too busy quaffing champagne in the Chairman's box. Not good enough!
How good is the word 'quaff'. Classy.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
People: What a shocking newsletter, we've stopped listening to this rubbish.

The same people a month ago: Where's Raelene/RA stand on <INSERT ISSUE HERE>??? She's in hiding!! Too busy quaffing champagne in the Chairman's box. Not good enough!

I couldn't give 2 shits about where the ARU stand on anything bar running the game of rugby for the benefit of the rugby community. It's not a particularly hard task, however the senior management have proven incompetent at every turn.

I have immense respect for most of the guys on the board but honestly they are asleep at the wheel.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I couldn't give 2 shits about where the ARU stand on anything bar running the game of rugby for the benefit of the rugby community. It's not a particularly hard task, however the senior management have proven incompetent at every turn.

I have immense respect for most of the guys on the board but honestly they are asleep at the wheel.
True, true. I actually successfully run a broke sporting union in my spare time. Just cause it's so easy, ya know.

J

JeepsTragic

Can I ask did you ever listen? FFS it was aimed at the rugby community who as a rule are still listening and loving the gam. Do we have to be negative about everything, I personally thought that was a bloody good newsletter!! Or would you prefernothing was ever said?

I would prefer nothing was said from her other than "I resign".