• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
New AB jersey to be unveiled next week but a retailer in Straya may have jumped the gun:

IMG_0866.JPG

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...-world-cup-jersey-then-takes-it-down#comments

If that's indeed legit it won't be well received, I'm picking.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Bloody well hope so! The weird shiny ferns were naff in 2001, and they'd be even worse now. Just make it plain black with a white collar and be done with it. Invert it for the alternative jersey. Job's a good 'un.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bloody well hope so! The weird shiny ferns were naff in 2001, and they'd be even worse now. Just make it plain black with a white collar and be done with it. Invert it for the alternative jersey. Job's a good 'un.

PWS appears to be a legit retailer so unless their buyer got suckered big time I've an awful feeling that we'll be seeing that jersey officially launched next week.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I just don't care what the jersey is, if that's it I don't care, as long as it generally black and I know who my team is, it's the only their so you know which team is which, they can have white collars, grey collars, no collars!!

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
So a 41 man squad will be named for first 2 RC games and then reduced to 35 for final 2 games.

I’ll be hard pressed to find 41 Crusaders to email Steve, might have to be a couple of token Highlanders and Hurricanes.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So a 41 man squad will be named for first 2 RC games and then reduced to 35 for final 2 games.

I’ll be hard pressed to find 41 Crusaders to email Steve, might have to be a couple of token Highlanders and Hurricanes.

I doubt anyone from whichever team wins tonight will go to BA so at a minimum we're looking at a rookie 5/8 (Ioane?) but mostly guys who've been there or thereabouts for a while now (Akira might even make it!) but unless there's injuries the old hands will come back in for must-win match v SA.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Further to the above, in a 41-man squad I reckon 'canes have six definites (Coles, Ardie, TJP, Beaugan, Laumape, JBar) & two maybes (Evans & Fifita). CruSadists IMO have 10 (Moody, Taylor, Franks, SamW, ScoBar, Todd, Read, Mo'unga, Crotty, Goodhue) & six (Taufua, Hall, Bridge, Reece, Havili, Ennor).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yep think Ioane will get a start at 10 against Argentina , probably maybe Akira too, if Crusaders are out, I acn see Ardie still getting a rest as he absolutely batters himself in every game, so can see it being pretty experimental, especially if Jags make final of super rugby, they will be pretty stuffed, so would be good time to rest some a lot of players.