• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2019

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Thought this was the year for the Canes....so close. A cold feeling but not as cold as a swim on Wellington Harbour.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
haha of course the Cantabs win on a 79th min missed Whitelock knock-on

Canes cranked the Millenium Falcon up to hyper-warp murder speed but the Death Star withstood the barrage.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlights:

The Final has a hard act to follow.

EDIT: rucks have been a free-for-all pretty much all season so not sure why people are suddenly blowing up about one in the 79th minute of the second-last game.

It could be argued that Berry called "advantage over" prematurely in the lead up to Laumape's try and/ or that there was a pass in the lead up to Lam's* try that was worth taking a look at, both of which had an actual as opposed to potential bearing on the scoreline.

EDIT: * make that TJP's try.

Tony Johnson (Mr Fair & Just Himself :)) did a Rugby Nation piece on the alleged Whitelock knock-on & concluded that the ball was out; SW was onside; that it was a letter-of-the-Law rip therefore not a knock on by him; but that by then coming off TJP's leg & contactng ASav it's either a knock on or accidental offside. Obviously we don't know if that's how Berry saw it but looks like the correct outcome was reached, whether by accident or design. Or then again maybe TJ's just the only one-eyed Cantab fronting a Sunday afternoon rugby show :)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
FFS I a Canes man, and had no probs with reffing, the best team won, which is what I want, but I stoked that the Canes went so bloody close.
I imagine Shag Hansen will be pretty contented man after watching that, all his big players did the business and looked in reasonable form coming into test time. Canes I thought Ardie ,BB,JB ,TJ and Dane Coles were all bloody good, for the Crausaders , Barrett, Whitelock, Reid, Taylor were all very good as were Mounga,Crotty, Goodhue, Bridge etc. there was some serious talent on show I thought, and I will take that as a semi final anyday!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
ScoBar & Crotty need x-rays to determine if they've broken a digit. Mo'unga's OK after Coles' late shot, as is Moody who was also nursing a sore shoulder post-match.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...availability-of-key-all-blacks-for-final?rm=a

Meanwhile there's mounting speculation that both Beaugan & JBar are about to sign for Loss Bleus & CruSadists, respectively.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...tt-played-their-last-games-for-the-hurricanes

Jez, if thats true I can’t see the crusaders being beat next year. Every team is being gutted by the departures

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Final confirmed for 17:35 Saturday AEST. I'm guessing they'll be installing the 2000-seat temp stand & hope to break even or at least not make too much of a loss.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I can see Beauden maybe going, but buggered if I can see Jordie at Crusaders, not sure they looking at grabbing any midfielders of FBs with roster they got.
Looking at it all wrong.

Hurricanes are their closest competitors and Jordie one of their better players. Having him on the bench still helps them.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Crotty and S Barrett out for this weekend and the rugby Championship. Big blow.

Wonder if Bateman will get a Swan Song from the bench.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Best Barrett better be okay for the RWC.

It also seems clear to me that it's far too risky to let All Blacks take any further part in Super Rugby. Thus, for the greater good, and regardless of which team they play for, I believe that all capped All Blacks should immediately be withdrawn from the rest of Super Rugby. Best include serious fringe candidates like Ennor and Jordan as well, just to be safe.

For the greater good.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Best Barrett better be okay for the RWC.

It also seems clear to me that it's far too risky to let All Blacks take any further part in Super Rugby. Thus, for the greater good, and regardless of which team they play for, I believe that all capped All Blacks should immediately be withdrawn from the rest of Super Rugby. Best include serious fringe candidates like Ennor and Jordan as well, just to be safe.

For the greater good.

100% agree, But Argentina obviously need to do the same :)