• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
"He has already surpassed his Australian rivals Nick Phipps, Jake Gordon and Joe Powell. There are reports former Brumbies halfback Nic White is returning to Australia and will be available for the World Cup but it would be a retrograde step if he made the squad ahead of McDermott."

"Let’s face it, the Wallabies have been woeful the past three years and if Cheika continues to pick the same players, he will get the same results."

Ted McMahon

Stan Wickham (3)
Will try to update squad lists but this is what I have very quickly from the top of my head. Let me know what needs updating and changing:

CONTRACTED:

Hookers:

Props:

Ruan Smith - 2020
Taniela Tupou - 2020
JP Smith - 2020

Locks:

Lukhan Salakaia-Loto- 2020
Angus Blythe - 2020
Izack Rodda - 2020
Harry Hockings - 2020

Backrow:

Harry Wilson - 2020
Fraser McReight - 2020

Scrumhalf:

Moses Sorovi -2020

Flyhalf:

Centres:

Jordan Petaia - 2022

Wings:

Filipo Daugunu - 2020
Jock Campbell - 2020
Henry Speight - 2021

Fullback:

Jack Hardy - 2020

Reds Development Squad:

UNSIGNED:
Brandon Paenga-Amosa - (2019)
Efi Ma'afu - (2019)
Alex Mafi - (2019)
Feao Fotuaika - (2019)
Harry Hoopert - (2019)
Gavin Luka - (2019)
Liam Wright - (2019)
Angus Scott-Young - (2019)
Adam Korczyk - (2019)
Tate McDermott - (2019)
James Tuttle - (2019)
Bryce Hegarty - (2019)
Teti Tela - (2019)
Hamish Stewart - (2019)
Matt McGahan - (2019)
Chris Feauai-Sautia - (2019)
Will Eadie - (2019)
Aidan Toua - (2019)
Tom Kibble - (2019)
Josh Nasser - (2019)
Sean Farrell - (2019)
Carter Gordon - (2019)
Isaac Lucas - (2019)
Michael Wood - (2019)

GONE:
Duncan Paia'aua - Toulon
Sefa Naivalu - Stade Francais
Scott Higginbotham - Bordeaux
Samu Kerevi - Suntory

RUMOURED GONE:
Caleb Timu - TBC

Reg, do you have an update on this?

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Im a little surprised at how many important players are out of contract. Cordingley needs to start cracking on ASAP.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Didn’t you hear, Cordingley’s reducing the squad. We’ve got a run on team with 15 contracted players. Throw Rodda into flyhalf, Speight into Hooker and JP into the centres. That’s called saving money. Thorn and McKay on the bench for injuries.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Lots of these players have been signed up, it just hasn't been announced yet. Got to generate some kind of interest for memberships for the next six months

dangerous game to play, I look at it and think to myself why would I pay money to a franchise that doesn't even have a team to put on the field next season.

How do you get to the end of the season and not have at least every spot on the field covered?

At a minimum, we should have 23 players signed so we can at least play a game and then recruit/re-sign the rest of the squad to apply pressure to the 23 we already have.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Lots of these players have been signed up, it just hasn't been announced yet. Got to generate some kind of interest for memberships for the next six months

And then once they announce the squad a little while later they can announce that some of the players aren't welcome....

I notice on the Reds website this week that the 'squad' has disappeared and the 2020 squad is to be announced soon. I wonder who the new names will be? Speight we know about - where do others think the weaknesses are? Forwards seem pretty solid. 10/12 seems shallow, not sure what our fullback options are?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There’s no doubt there is a lot more signed players than reported.

There’s no rush for them to announce them yet, as long as they are signed. They can wait until memberships are due again.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
August and September were when most of the announcements were done last year. The squad announcements weren’t fine until October and even then it wasn’t complete.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
My belief is you go out and resign the absolute stars like your Kerevis or amcDermotts

For the rest of the squad... unless there is a glaring weakness at a certain position of depth then you allow the playing group battle it out in NRC a and see which current players excel over their club counterparts or you sign the club counterpart who’s stepping up and putting his hand up for a gig at next level.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
August and September were when most of the announcements were done last year. The squad announcements weren’t fine until October and even then it wasn’t complete.

Yep, it wasn’t very comfortable last year, sounds like things will be similar leading into 2020.