• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Putting about 2 minutes thought into it, I'd have both Qld locks and Darcy Swain before any of the other locks mentioned; Tyrel Lomax at THP; Andrew Deegan at No 10, and any two others over English and Leyds on the wings.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I think if they are capped for another country they shouldn't be included full stop.

Ok sure, so with that in mind...

1. JP Smith
2. Alex Mafi
3. Angus Ta'avao Michael Ala'alatoa
4. Hugh Pyle
5. Sam Wykes
6. Jarrad Butler
7. Colby Fainga'a
8. Lachlan McCaffrey
9. Ian Prior
10. Jono Lance
11. Tom English
12. Billy Meakes
13. Mitch Inman
14. Dillyn Leyds Toni Pulu
15. Jason Woodward
16. Anaru Rangi
17. Matt Gibbon
18. Paul Alo-Emile Sam Talakai
19. Harry Hockings
20. Rob Valetini
21. Ben Lucas
22. Bryce Hegarty
23. Telusa Veainu Andy Muirhead​

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Putting about 2 minutes thought into it, I'd have both Qld locks and Darcy Swain before any of the other locks mentioned; Tyrel Lomax at THP; Andrew Deegan at No 10, and any two others over English and Leyds on the wings.

Lomax an oversight on my path.

Deegan over Hegarty, Paia'aua + Lance is madness. He's never even played Super Rugby...

Who would your wingers be then?

Happy to run with Pyle + Wykes over the Qld locks and Swain for the timebeing, but I think that in a couple of years it would be a different story...

CantRunWithoutEyes

Frank Row (1)
Andrew Deegan has been impressive and has shown years of improvement during his time with Connacht / Western Force. IMO he could be a great signing if he wanted to come home. Solid defender, Great vision and high goal kicking percentage. I believe he won the Roscoe Fay Trophy for most pointsin a season in his last year at Randwick. Would love to see him land back in the Super Rugby somewhere.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Deb also talked about playing Mitre 10 being the difference in NZ and for improvement in his game. Something the NRC or its future replacement needs to aspire to.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bring Liam home :(

I think he & McMahon would come home pretty quickly if we punt Cheik.

Considering Cheika had nothing to do with McMahon leaving, and McMahon was a starter under Cheika in his last season (playing his best rugby) I doubt it would make any difference.........

B

Bobby Sands

Considering Cheika had nothing to do with McMahon leaving, and McMahon was a starter under Cheika in his last season (playing his best rugby) I doubt it would make any difference...

I know for a FACT that it is.

But believe what you want.

More broadly, beyond McMahon, Cheika is not popular with the players. He puts them all against each other, plays strange games.

If you don’t want to believe me, read the tea leaves. Cheika open to holding his job, and Scott Johnson is not even entertaining the idea.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I know for a FACT that it is.

But believe what you want.

More broadly, beyond McMahon, Cheika is not popular with the players. He puts them all against each other, plays strange games.

If you don’t want to believe me, read the tea leaves. Cheika open to holding his job, and Scott Johnson is not even entertaining the idea.
'If' we punt Cheika?

His contract is up isn't it? Since when did this suddenly become an option. The only way Cheika keeps his job is if he somehow manages to win the World Cup. And there is absolutely no fucking chance the muppet can do that.

It would be great to get players like Gill and McMahon back, even if i still think Hooper is better.