• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TRC Round 1: South Africa v Australia, Sunday 21 July 1:05am AEST

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Anyone who thinks Beale shouldn't be starting at 15 is mad. Literally the only person creating anything (or trying to).

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Anyone who thinks Beale shouldn't be starting at 15 is mad. Literally the only person creating anything (or trying to).

Yeah Koroibete, Banks and Beale looks like our back 3. DHP is certainly out of contention now and Hodge hasn't done himself many favours either.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
We conceded two tries with a man in the bin. Settle down.

Against South Africa B? Tell me anything I said which is incorrect. You've been drinking too much of the Chiek coolaide if you think this has been a reasonably coached performance.

KB (Kurtley Beale) back to the position he should have been his entire career. Much better at 15. Bringing great energy. To'omua solid as well.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
well its exactly where we left off last year:

• stupid attempts at offloads in contact
  • a distinct lack of hard contact
  • terrible exits from the 22
  • lets play run around the defense strategy
  • leaking points on the 5 yards from either sideline
  • dumb fucking pushed passes (probably because of our marshmallow stuffing)
  • dumb fucking penalties
and worst of all?
chieka still hasnt managed to figure out how to FUCKING COACH HIS TEAM TO COUNTER THE RUSH DEFENSE. so glad he values running up hills because we're running up the biggest hill yet - looking like a proper rugby team come RWC.

S

Show-n-go

Still can’t believe the wallabies didn’t have the sense to do a quick conversion on their disallowed try with LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), absolute brain dead by both hooper and Foley

Drop DHP completely, he just isn’t up to it anymore

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) did surprisingly well

White didn’t fuck up as much as he used to, still think he tries to control the game too much instead of just worrying about getting the pill out

Lilo to starting 10, JOC (James O'Connor) to replace To'omua

Not sure if Beale is just a great super sub or if he deserves a starting place

Old mate ref, yet again can’t articulate what his penalties are for, seems like every time there’s something 50/50 that happens he just panics and makes a stupid call, reminds me of when the big Islander kid does a massive legal tackle on the small white kid in junior rugby and the ref panics and blows a penalty for being too “rough”

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I would like to remind you all that from my point of view, and I believe any South African that has watched SB v AUS games, Kurtley Beale is your weapon.

I was glad he did not start. Considering your pack was getting somewhat beaten (yes, not necessarily in the scrums all the time), but on the ground, KB (Kurtley Beale) still managed to get things going and your backline is lethal even with what you consider lethargic wings.

We were fortunate on several calls, but to reiterate a point I made on The Roar recently to a comment regarding PSdT being inadequate at 7 - suck on that.

Again, this was not a B team from SA, just other members of the squad.

2 SA rugby of the year winner & possibly our best locks or close enough to it. The debutante at 9 went quite well I think.

Aus missed several chances to score which I think could have swung the game in their favour. Small little things like that. From being under pressure SA scored in the first half, not once, but twice.

All the best for you guys and thanks for the great game. I think next week's game against Argentina will be a real humdinger for a while until Australia run away with it and remind Arg that this is test match rugby.

We want to remind them too, because they need to give hell to France and especially England in the RWC.

S

Show-n-go

I think its harsh to call the ref stupid given our play. Genuinely brain dead.

Night lads.

Let’s re-phrase

He does some 50/50 calls which is fine

But the way he articulates himself is stupid. Couple of times now he has literally given a reason for a penalty which isn’t a law within the game