• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thought B
At GT today BBC won 14 A ,15A & 1st xv 32 -17
14 A match was very high standard.
In 1st xv at 14 nil after 5 minutes it looked like BBC would put up a big score.
I take my hat off to GT for their defence. 8 & 12 best for BBC .10 and 3 for GT.

BBC will not get near TSS or NC on that performance .
I thought Terrace defence was also good but BBC forward made it easy many time running one out. Agree they won't get near the top team. Captain from both team pressure the official and he was gullible enough to penalise what they call out at next ruck. Made for dis jointed game. Agree with your best.

Vegas

Chris McKivat (8)
BBC have a very good team, and looking at the boys running water and on Walkie talkies today, a bit of depth when everyone is fit. Their discipline however is dreadful. Most if not all of the penalties and the yellow were warranted. That’s 2 weeks in a row now they have taken their foot off the pedal after a solid early lead. And what’s with the white-line fever ?? I counted six turn-overs a metre out - four knock-ons going one-out and pinged twice for double movements - and then each time they shifted they scored with ease through 12 and 13. Defence , particularly up the middle, has stepped up this year. They could roll anyone, but they can’t afford to leave that many points on the field later in the season.

P

Patriot

Contested scrums make all the difference mate. If you can fill your scrum with backrowers the possibility of 25-5 score line is greatly increased. If you can’t produce a reserve front row at A level, you shouldn’t be in the comp. BBC shouldn’t be credited with the wins.Simple.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Yeh.. my picks were not based on much more than home ground advantage this round. However, having watched all the games from my couch in Seattle, I think my next round might go better than 1 out of 4.

ACGS vs TSS: TSS by 40

GT vs BBC: BBC by 40

BSHS vs NC: NC by 40

BGS vs IGS: IGS by 40

well I was close

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
More high score one-way games predicted for next week. May need a mercy rule such is the two tiered nature of the comp this year.

NC vs GT
BBC vs BGS
TSS vs BSHS
IGS vs TGS

I expect Churchie will be kind of glad to have the weekend off. 101 points against in two games has got to suck. State high has had 100 points against and still has TSS next round. Ouch! Home teams by 40 again next week. BBC to absolutely whack BGS and put in a clinical 70 minute performance breaking 50 points and yes,..all three other teams playing away to get at least 40 points put on them also.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
it was 26-19 to BSHS
Bshs 15As played very well. A big fast side in backs and forwards with a very fast defence line. Nudgee worked hard in defence though but were looking to kick when under line speed pressure. BSHS Three tries to one at half time one off a chargedown. Early try at start of 2nd half for state high. Nudgee made replacements to backline late in second half and nudge scored two tries to get back into it. Felt like Nudgee Ran out of time. Not sure why replacement players were on bench for so long or not starting, a scholarship lad was coming back from injury apparently but they played him for ten minutes in Bs and last 15 in As. Good win to BSHS and Nudgee just out muscled in first half and finished strong in second half.
State high went uncontested scrums in 15 b no idea why they had a huge experienced front rower and bigger pack than Nudgee pretty average attitude/ decision by Bshs coaches/school. Hope it was for the right reasons. Nudgee won easily in the Bs regardless.

ThePrince

Frank Row (1)
A shame that the Ipswich-BGS game won't be streamed this weekend. Given a choice I think most people would prefer that than Downlands vs TGS. Still, love your work Doubletake !

im starting to get really annoyed with the streaming company.

in rd9 last year they had all four games. in rd1 this year they had all four games. but as soon as bgs are available to be streamed, all of a sudden, they only have three games available to watch.

in three years they have never streamed bgs. I detect strong anti bgs bias. its a joke

G

GingerBreadCrab

in rd9 last year they had all four games. in rd1 this year they had all four games. but as soon as bgs are available to be streamed, all of a sudden, they only have three games available to watch.

in three years they have never streamed bgs. I detect strong anti bgs bias. its a joke

You can’t stream from Northgate, it’s the worst venue to spectate in the competition. You need binoculars.
I personally think DoubleTake do an awesome job.

Rugger Mate

Allen Oxlade (6)

Prince ! Did you actually watch the Downlands Vs TGS game. Bet more people watched it than anticipated! Great game with some outstanding young footballers! Downlands Coached by former REDs and Wallaby Garrick Morgan, who by the way is also a Reds Board member and is doing great things for regional rugby. And for your info TGS has schooled 4 Reds players in current squad also. Next schoolboy champ to watch is the Downlands fullback ( Current Aussie School 15) . Also Prince Downlands put 40 odd points on BGS last week so think the streaming company could see the writing on the wall!