• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Congratulations to Isaac Henry on being the top point scorer in QPR.

Its a bit of outlier to see easts & UQ going into the finals with negative for and against.

I wonder if my bulldogs would of qualified on the previous bonus point system where 4+ tries earned a bonus point over the more recent implementation of bonus point for 3+ tries margin of victory over opponent? I CBF going back to calculate that but worth noting that most of the bulldogs big scores were singlehandly the result of Isaac Henry accuracy boot.

PSA - I am not related to Isaac Henry just a massive fan of this kids talents.
Isaac Henry’s kick strike has been impressive. That young Wests backline this year has been the best in the comp. Looking forward to see what they can deliver next year. I would have liked to see them in the finals.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Great show of power from GPS yesterday. They really went hard into their first half tackles and Uni started to slip off tackles late in the first half. I thought Uni looked really done at half time and that GPS would roll over them in the second half however they tried valiantly and scored some good tries from loose play. They missed too many easy one on one tackles particularly in the backs. Once GPS scrum found their groove in the second half it was all over. One other point, and this happened on last years GF and yesterdays game - where were Uni's Reds forwards? If Scott-Young, Korczyk etc are representative of the best Qld have then the Reds will never progress. They were ordinary in my opinion. Kibble and Tualima comprehensively outplayed them
Really warming to Hegarty.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
As good as GPS obviously were last Saturday and how close a game Brothers/Easts played it is a whole new ball game come Sunday.

J

JeepsTragic

Great show of power from GPS yesterday. They really went hard into their first half tackles and Uni started to slip off tackles late in the first half. I thought Uni looked really done at half time and that GPS would roll over them in the second half however they tried valiantly and scored some good tries from loose play. They missed too many easy one on one tackles particularly in the backs. Once GPS scrum found their groove in the second half it was all over. One other point, and this happened on last years GF and yesterdays game - where were Uni's Reds forwards? If Scott-Young, Korczyk etc are representative of the best Qld have then the Reds will never progress. They were ordinary in my opinion. Kibble and Tualima comprehensively outplayed them

You would also have to question how Nasser made the under 20's team. When he finally got out on the field he was comprehensively worked by the GPS reserve prop. Emosi Tuqiri played for Fiji in the under 20's tournament, why not Australia? He grew up here and went to Marist and is obviously a star of the future. Will RA lose him to play o/s so that he can represent Fiji and make big bucks in Europe. On a positive note, how good is Tom Kibble? He is just getting better every game.

Brisbane Boys

Peter Burge (5)
You would also have to question how Nasser made the under 20's team. When he finally got out on the field he was comprehensively worked by the GPS reserve prop. Emosi Tuqiri played for Fiji in the under 20's tournament, why not Australia? He grew up here and went to Marist and is obviously a star of the future. Will RA lose him to play o/s so that he can represent Fiji and make big bucks in Europe. On a positive note, how good is Tom Kibble? He is just getting better every game.

LOL GPS Bias

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)

Harsh, Scott Young was one of the few Uni pigs that played well. It was evident when he was in the bin that jeeps made easy yards. He set up a couple of meat pies with some hard yakka. Uni centres and outside backs bar Campbell were very ordinary letting GPS run absolute riot. Kibble & the pencil great game but Hegarty the stand out for me. He made it look all too easy.

For me stand outs:

Gallopers: Hegarty , Kibble, Richards, Nickel & Konelio

Uni: Hockings, Campbell & Scott-Young

Hockings is a 50 cap wallaby at least and Campbell looks better & better every week, good boot, pace and solid in D. I cannot wait to see him back in the Qld jersey next year I hope he can take it to the next level.

GPS will have to improve next week there were a number of tries gifted to them and they kept letting little lapses creep in which continually let Uni back into the match.

Brisbane Boys

Peter Burge (5)
GPS bias maybe so, as are most of my posts, but still pertinent questions. It's long been known that if you are not in the "system" you won't get selected.

Totally agree with the in the system comment but it would be a long bow to suggest that Emosi has not had a free ride to date.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Brothers play GPS in Major Semi. Winner advances to GF two weeks later.
East plays UQ in Minor Semi. Loser out. Winner plays loser of Major Semi in the intervening week before the GF with winner then going on to to the GF.

Thanks mate. Massive game v the Filth then, cannot wait. Uni and Easts should also be great game. Must watch Sat's game to see how Wright v McReight went!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
A few punters took a risk on the weekend with results. Congats to Paty305 who was the only one to tip Sunnybank to get the win. Only four more games to go so 6 of us could mathematically finish on top, chances are it will be from the top 3.

Beer Baron 48
Jets 48
Rugby Follower 48
Nomad 46
Robbitybob 44
Rugby Reg 44
Happyman 43
Keeno 43
Pick n drive 43
Sage Too 42
RAF 41
Cam Goddard 40
GirtbySea 40
DB 39
nmpc 39
Southernx 38
Hound 37
Dark Shark 36
Getwithme 35
Paty305 34
Beerad 32
jimmy.crouch 28
Hennaz 24
new recruit_ brisbane 17

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

I think thats an oversimplification of what went on, both front rows were replaced around the same time. I thought most of the pressure was coming through the GPS THP, Nasser was on the losing side of the scrum but I don't think he was at the cause of it when his own LHP was been out scrummed.

Emosi Tuqiri plays LHP, he wasn't competing with Nasser for a spot in the Junior Wallabies. Tuqiri was included in the wider training squad before Christmas but was cut before the JWC, he is still eligible for the Junior Wallabies next year and I expect players like him and Tom Kibble will be included in next years squad.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
yep, but wests had the bye this round and Cheika wanted rugby in him.

He actually came on in the 2nd half for Sunnybank.

Yep just watched it, looked to come on around the 45min.
He had a fair bit of involvement, looked good when he had the ball but still looks to be blowing out the cobwebs with a couple of errors and hesitation around contact.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
He was not good for the reds but it’s great to see him and especially someone like Matt McGahon who I thought was best on ground for North’s yesterday show why they were contracted

I'm surprised so many like yourself didn't see the value in Hergarty this year at the Reds - I've mentioned my admiration for him on these forums a few times (I assure you I'm not related to him though, Reg, so don't come at me!).

He's been in professional setups now for a number of years and really needed a consistent starting role to show his worth. I thought his direct and mature play for the Reds was exactly what they needed this year and he will improve in their setup. I think he will be the most influential player returning to the clubland over the finals, as GPS sorely needed a strong back line presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.