• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Petaia looked to line up at fullback last week for Wests.

It was hard to tell though because Souths had no interest kicking for territory. I can def tell you he was a outside back.

Sorry Sx, are you suggesting Petaia’s Position is back three? Sounds fine to me coming back from injury in club, but so far at the Reds I had thought he really looks the goods at 13.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Sorry Sx, are you suggesting Petaia’s Position is back three? Sounds fine to me coming back from injury in club, but so far at the Reds I had thought he really looks the goods at 13.

I believe his position may have been dictated by Cheika (outside back/15) with a massive hole there to be filled by the departure of Folau.

Perhaps the west’s coach had orders being fed down from RA?

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Is everyone discounting CFS? He was very good at 13 this season and injury free should still be commanding a starting spot.

I certainly haven't, his second half of the season was great. His versatility may count against him for a start. I think it will depend on who the inside centre is. I like him @ 13 but if Jordan is playing the house down, then he will be vying for a wing spot with Hardy.

I wonder if Thornie will try and do a Kerevi and put him @ 12? Frees up Stewart at fullback with Hegarty mentoring Lucas at 5/8 who can also cover fullback.

9. Tate
10. Hegarty
11. Hardy
12. CFS
13. Petaia
14. Campbell
15. Stewart

Reactions: dru

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
CFS can't be 12. He can barely be 13.

He'll be a good bench player.

15 Lucas
14 Daugunu
13 Petaia
12 Stewart (tbc)
11 Speight
10 Hegarty
9 McDermott.

21 Sorovi / Tuttle
22 CFS
23 Campbell

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

15 Lucas
14 Daugunu
13 Petaia
12 Stewart (tbc)
11 Speight
10 Hegarty
9 McDermott.

21 Sorovi / Tuttle
22 CFS
23 Campbell
A lot of promise. Really missing Kerevi though (for his experience and leadership as much as being the best attacking back in Super), I’m worried it might be another lineup where we say “they’ll be great in a couple of years time.” Hopefully, the class of McDermott, Petaia, and Lucas offsets any inexperience.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)

23 Campbell

Depends what the weakest part of his body is, at least at 12 his hamstrings will never have to go full tilt so it may save him.

However i tend to agree.

Reactions: dru

TSR

Mark Ella (57)

15 Lucas
14 Daugunu
13 Petaia
12 Stewart (tbc)
11 Speight
10 Hegarty
9 McDermott.

21 Sorovi / Tuttle
22 CFS
23 Campbell
No room for JOC (James O'Connor)? Or do you think he’ll be tied up in 7s?

dru

Tim Horan (67)

15 Lucas
14 Daugunu
13 Petaia
12 Stewart (tbc)
11 Speight
10 Hegarty
9 McDermott.

21 Sorovi / Tuttle
22 CFS
23 Campbell

You think Stewart has given more to Qld than CFS? Why not stick with DP?

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

If he is not capable of starting then he should not be in the squad. The only players who should be in a squad who are not up to starting should be a developing player. CFS has had his development and come up short on expectations.

For me a bench player needs the skills to start or else we are basically giving up when an injury occurs or the starters fatigue.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
If he is not capable of starting then he should not be in the squad. The only players who should be in a squad who are not up to starting should be a developing player. CFS has had his development and come up short on expectations.

For me a bench player needs the skills to start or else we are basically giving up when an injury occurs or the starters fatigue.

CFS has a a solid year and is a good player, are you saying if he doesn’t start he should be left out of the 23 because he isn’t 19/20 years old.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

I didn't say he was not capable of starting. Just I wouldn't start him

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I certainly haven't, his second half of the season was great. His versatility may count against him for a start. I think it will depend on who the inside centre is. I like him @ 13 but if Jordan is playing the house down, then he will be vying for a wing spot with Hardy Speight

I wonder if Thornie will try and do a Kerevi and put him @ 12? Frees up Stewart at fullback with Hegarty mentoring Lucas at 5/8 who can also cover fullback.

9. Tate
10. Hegarty
11. Hardy Speight
12. CFS
13. Petaia
14. Campbell
15. Stewart

Fixed.:)