• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

Jeff Thompson69

Stan Wickham (3)
Honestly I think youve got them all wrong,

NC vs GT - GT by 5
TSS vs BSHS - BSHS by 40+
IGS vs TGS - TGS by 20
BBC vs BGS - BGS by 50

GT have been looking dangerous and with a regrouping over this week after a close loss to BBC, I think we are ready to see the full GT outfit. Big performances expected from the Vaihu brothers, however they'll be missy Big Marly "Fishhook" Butongan to injury.

BSHS are ready for a big win. Despite last weekends loss, BSHS look hungry, making some magic happen on saturday night at the cauldron. Arguably a better performance than Argentina put up, key performances from Tom "The Duke" Duke and Moses "Shadow" Jones. I've heard his rats tail makes him quicker, not sure but god he looked good.

TGS almost prevailed over a massive Downlands outfit last weekend, and despite the loss, I think they are poised well for an upset over the one man army that is Sam Walker. I think the key to TGS's win will be targeting The Fridge (more like industrial freezer) around the ruck.

The big one. BBC will be going into this match with two good wins under their belt, but BGS will be the ones to watch. I think they will be in for a tough one, but they will come out on top. Rumours of a call up for Tom Heading signal good shifts in the squad, and with an almost entirely imported team with a refocus and the right atitude, we'll get to see the real Grammar Firsts. Key player to watch is JT Manu in the centres for grammar.

GT stand no chance up against nudgee, Without Emerson Treasur and Keegan Vanderberg who have both been out since the start of the season aswell as the loss of Marley Bitungane and the departure of mayson hill. will be more like a cricket score in favour of nudgee

S

Steve Lezinski

GT stand no chance up against nudgee, Without Emerson Treasur and Keegan Vanderberg who have both been out since the start of the season aswell as the loss of Marley Bitungane and the departure of mayson hill. will be more like a cricket score in favour of nudgee

Emerson Treasure should be back for this round, strengthening the front row, and Keegen isn't a huge loss, his calf skin will be missed though.

GT in for an upset victory.

A

Aussie Luke

Nudgee by 40 over their day boys
TSS by 40 over a State School
IGS by 7 over the Dirt Farmers
BBC by 40 over Scholars

I don’t disagree with some of the comments above re the IGS Nudgee game. I’d say Nudgee might edge them out but it will be a close one.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
The Bishops by 50 over the Cardinals

Ray White Commercial Surfers Paradise 2023 by 50 over the State’s Select 15

The Jets by 30 on The Rangers

The Highlanders by 24 on The Managing Partners

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
So there is no game this weekend between Downlands and Churchie. Some bad blood apparently.

Anyway ...Downlands took care of business against BGS in R1 by 20 points

On current form you would think they would take care of :

- BSHS
- GT
- Churchie ( if they played them )

Having beat TGS last week that's 5 teams they have either beaten or would reasonably project to beat - and I reckon they would give the so called Top 4 a competitive game with maybe a surprise result amongst it

SOSJBW

Peter Burge (5)
So there is no game this weekend between Downlands and Churchie. Some bad blood apparently.

Anyway .Downlands took care of business against BGS in R1 by 20 points

On current form you would think they would take care of :

- BSHS
- GT
- Churchie ( if they played them )

Having beat TGS last week that's 5 teams they have either beaten or would reasonably project to beat - and I reckon they would give the so called Top 4 a competitive game with maybe a surprise result amongst it

Don't know how other schools approach the downlands game, but nudgee 1sts and a several 2nds players rest this week and have a mixed 2nds/3rds team play downlands 1sts. If other schools approach similarly it would be hard to call them competitive.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
True

And yes , in practise I imagine it would be the same at all other Schools ( at least in the top half of the table )

The benchmark for the season might be how TGS fare ( noting that they have already beaten GT ) and BGS ran out their Dinky Di Firsts Team - but did it mix it a little with subs etc

I'm still calling them above TGS / GT / ACGS / BSHS

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
You are probably right there GO , but chances are we will never know, few if any teams play them at full strength.

Do we know if TGS ran their full squad for the Downlands game?

Johnthegun

Frank Row (1)
Honestly I think youve got them all wrong,

NC vs GT - GT by 5
TSS vs BSHS - BSHS by 40+
IGS vs TGS - TGS by 20
BBC vs BGS - BGS by 50

GT have been looking dangerous and with a regrouping over this week after a close loss to BBC, I think we are ready to see the full GT outfit. Big performances expected from the Vaihu brothers, however they'll be missing Big Marely "Fishhook" Bitongane to injury.

BSHS are ready for a big win. Despite last weekends loss, BSHS look hungry, making some magic happen on saturday night at the cauldron. Arguably a better performance than Argentina put up, key performances from Tom "The Duke" Duke and Moses "Shadow" Jones. I've heard his rats tail makes him quicker, not sure but god he looked good.

TGS almost prevailed over a massive Downlands outfit last weekend, and despite the loss, I think they are poised well for an upset over the one man army that is Sam Walker. I think the key to TGS's win will be targeting The Fridge (more like industrial freezer) around the ruck.

The big one. BBC will be going into this match with two good wins under their belt, but BGS will be the ones to watch. I think they will be in for a tough one, but they will come out on top. Rumours of a call up for Tom Heading signal good shifts in the squad, and with an almost entirely imported team with a refocus and the right atitude, we'll get to see the real Grammar Firsts. Key player to watch is JT Manu in the centres for grammar.

Don't know what you are looking at, maybe a bit of underdog bias. My tips for this week are:
NC vs GT - NC by 15
TSS vs BSHS - TSS by 45
IGS vs TGS - IGS by 5
BBC vs BGS - BBC by 30+

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
NC to beat Terrace by 25+
TSS by 30+
IGS by 20+
BBC by 50

Very divide the competition. Defence in bottom 4 atrocious. Anybody have the for and against after two round?

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
7D421620-EE55-406B-BF7C-7EDB059CEAD9.png

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
NC vs GT - NC by 15
TSS vs BSHS - TSS by 30
IGS vs TGS - IGS by 20
BBC vs BGS - BBC by 40+
ACGS vs Bye - ACGS by 10

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I hope GT takes it Nudgee. But i think the score line against BBC flattered them a bit. One try when they were a man up and one in the last play of the game pretty much from BBC switching off. As a previous poster mentioned BBC left a lot of points on the field. I fear Nudgee won’t be as imprecise in the red zone.

KFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
Your comment about Terrace can't be right. Didn't they have 8 representatives in Queensland U16's just last year and then also an Australian Schoolboy representative who is back again ? I have them in the top couple of teams.

Deano, yeah nah.....they missed their only chance for a win in round 1 against TGS. A big duck egg for GT this year - not sure if that's ever happened before.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Deano, yeah nah...they missed their only chance for a win in round 1 against TGS. A big duck egg for GT this year - not sure if that's ever happened before.
Disagree. Against ACGS and BGS, I would fancy their chances at this point in the season.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
I hope GT takes it Nudgee. But i think the score line against BBC flattered them a bit. One try when they were a man up and one in the last play of the game pretty much from BBC switching off. As a previous poster mentioned BBC left a lot of points on the field. I fear Nudgee won’t be as imprecise in the red zone.
What about the two tries Terrace left on the field before half time? Two knock ons with the line wide open.