• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ISA 2019

Jack Gallagher

Allen Oxlade (6)
Controversial call in Stannies vs Pius game, Pius with all the momentum, couldn't come back from it. Stannies roll on is hard to stop.

Matey117

Frank Row (1)
I watched the St Patrick's v Kinross game on Saturday. Kinross were too good, with St Patrick's scoring a late try to make the score respectable.
However, the two things I will take away from the match are these - you don't have to be a giant to be an effective back rower in schoolboy rugby - the Kinross #7 was outstanding and possibly the shortest player on the field - his work rate and effort was terrific. The other thing I will take away is that the rugby gods have a funny way of bringing over confident young players down to earth - Kinross #15 looks to have a bit of talent but his over confidence and smug behaviour will stop him from going any further than ISA 1s - putting your arm up in celebration of a try at the 22 and then getting tackled is quite frankly immature and poor sportsmanship - I trust the Kinross coaching staff have given him a right talking to and a school detention for that - he looks quite young so hopefully a bit more humble next year perhaps?

garyuren

Bob McCowan (2)
Sure the gregs game will be quite a hit out. will they continue their luck against oakhill this week?

With Gregs going down to Oakhill this week Graham I can't help but feel as if Pius are the underdogs this season. Only time will tell with plenty of time for the boys to come backl

Graham Richard

Bob McCowan (2)
With Gregs going down to Oakhill this week Graham I can't help but feel as if Pius are the underdogs this season. Only time will tell with plenty of time for the boys to come backl

There is 3 games left and Gregs and Auggies are the only teams left undefeated. Pius have lost to Gregs, Oakhill and I am sure another loss to Auggies this week. There is no chance of a come back. Gregs actually beat Oakhill 31-12. Was an excellent game that was very physical in the hit out.

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
St Greg’s 31 beat St Patrick’s 14. Good game. Greg’s a bit too much skill and pace in the backs.

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Stannies 25 Oakill 22
Both teams played strong all day Stannies forwards pick and drive 80 metres to score on the bell .

Gotheboys

Frank Nicholson (4)
Stannies 25 Oakill 22
Both teams played strong all day Stannies forwards pick and drive 80 metres to score on the bell .

what a great win to the Stannies lads CB!

There certainly was some fantastic rugby played on Saturday at Oakhill College.

Also many thanks to Oakhill for your hospitality, I always enjoy a trip to the BBQ when Im there.

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
I can just imagine what that first tackle will feel like in Orange today. Kinross v Oakhill- could be the coldest day of rugby for the boys ever. Keen for updates from those who are there.

Breakaway22

Bob McCowan (2)
I can just imagine what that first tackle will feel like in Orange today. Kinross v Oakhill- could be the coldest day of rugby for the boys ever. Keen for updates from those who are there.

All fixtures barring first grade cancelled unfortunately.

Cuz

Allen Oxlade (6)
20 minutes to go at St Greg's with Auggies up 5-3. Greg's with the wind at their back in the 2nd half

Tah123

Herbert Moran (7)
St Pius X beat St Patrick’s 22-20. Very scrappy game with continual infringements and ill discipline from both teams. Other scores?

Tram Tracks

Peter Burge (5)
This weeks fixtures

Round 7
17th August
ST AUGUSTINE'S
V
OAKHILL

ST STANISLAUS
V
ST PATRICK’S

ST GREGORY'S
V
KINROSS

BYE
V
ST PIUS
As another year draws to a close, Congrats to Auggies who have a seemingly unassailable lead and St Greg's who pushed them all the way. (Of course results this week could change that but it seems unlikely)