• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2020

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
I think he retired from top line rugby so probably doing it to stay fit

Yes don't think he is looking for a contract, just a chance to turn out for his local club again - he played there as an amateur as did his father. Great to see that he is keen to do it - very few Reds players turning out yet in the Premier comp in Brisbane.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
This quote from Will Miller is interesting. But he knew he would be behind Hooper for another 4 years.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/st...s-move-to-brumbies-was-a-no-brainer/?cs=14240

Miller a very good player and be interesting to see how he develops under Brumbies who are renown for developing players which is why it seems Brumbies get over and above pretty good quality players wanting to join their roster. As Canberra not my first pick of a place to live and still have ugly memories of living in Canberra winters when I lived there for two years early in my career.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's only interesting if you don't read the rest of the article.

yeah, he's saying it in the context that he had a good chat with the coach and how positive those discussions were. It was more than just administration doing the recruitment.

Don't think there's anything scurrilous in it.

B

Bobby Sands

Who is Albert Watego? He scored 4 tries from flanker in the John Dent. Seems promising?

B

Bobby Sands

Yes don't think he is looking for a contract, just a chance to turn out for his local club again - he played there as an amateur as did his father. Great to see that he is keen to do it - very few Reds players turning out yet in the Premier comp in Brisbane.

East Tigers & Villanova College legend.

Loves the joint.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lachlan Lonergan signs on for two years.........

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/st...rom-wallaby-Fainga'a-in-rookie-year/?cs=14280

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies have signed scrum half Lachlan Albert on a 3 year development deal.

He's been part of the Australian schoolboys side.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Long term changing of the guard.

2020 : Powell, Lucas, Lonergan;
2021/22 : White, Powell, Lonergan;
2023 : Powell, Lonergan, Albert;
2024 : Lonergan, Albert, Another, after Joe moves o/s after a successful 2023 RWC.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Long term changing of the guard.

2020 : Powell, Lucas, Lonergan;
2021/22 : White, Powell, Lonergan;
2023 : Powell, Lonergan, Albert;
2024 : Lonergan, Albert, Another, after Joe moves o/s after a successful 2023 RWC.

You think White's at 28 29 isn't going to have a crack at a second world cup after this one ? 32 - 33 or you think his off as soon as this ones over and his contract ends ?

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
I reckon there'd be a fair chance Powell will go overseas for a year or two at the end of next season. Not much point being stuck behind White and would probably be good for his development.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
You think White's at 28 29 isn't going to have a crack at a second world cup after this one ? 32 - 33 or you think his off as soon as this ones over and his contract ends ?

I reckon there'd be a fair chance Powell will go overseas for a year or two at the end of next season. Not much point being stuck behind White and would probably be good for his development.

No He hasn't and he could very much end up at the Rebels as much as the Brumbies.

All three scenarios are more than possible. My take is that Nic will re-sign with the Brumbies (no mail though), and will probably retire or head o/s again after his contract expires. Joe will stay on while Nic is here on the understanding he will again take on the Brumbies' starting spot and be a good chance of starting for the Wallabies, and that he will then head o/s after the 2023 RWC. Nothing more than gut feel for any of this.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
All three scenarios are more than possible. My take is that Nic will re-sign with the Brumbies (no mail though), and will probably retire or head o/s again after his contract expires. Joe will stay on while Nic is here on the understanding he will again take on the Brumbies' starting spot and be a good chance of starting for the Wallabies, and that he will then head o/s after the 2023 RWC. Nothing more than gut feel for any of this.

You think Lonergan going to stick around as well ?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

That's a fairly in depth analysis for a gut feel!

Just a gut feel of mine, don't rule out White turning up at the Tahs ;)