• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs All Blacks 10th August @Optus Stadium Perth

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Papali'i is a 6/7/8, in more-or-less that order. At 6'4 he's also the same height as Read, and only an inch shorter than Kaino or Luatua. So I too am unsure of where his being detrimental to the lineout comes from.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Papali'i is a 6/7/8, in more-or-less that order. At 6'4 he's also the same height as Read, and only an inch shorter than Kaino or Luatua. So I too am unsure of where his being detrimental to the lineout comes from.

Kaino. Such an important cog in the wheel when Richie was around. The text book 6. Not one of the people mentioned in this thread other than an in-form Squires comes close.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
O'Connor at 13

VmHnLxj.jpg

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Jamie Pandaram has it that this will be the side for the Bledisloe. With JOC (James O'Connor) and Kerevi to swap around between defending and attacking

15. Beale
14. Koroibete
13. JOC (James O'Connor)
12. Kerevi
11. Hodge
10. Lealifano
9. White
8. Naisarani
7. Hooper
6. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
5. Arnold
4. Rodda
3. AAA
2. Latu
1. Sio

16. Fainga'a
17. Slipper
18. Tupou
19. Coleman
20. Jones
21. Genia
22. To'omua
23. Banks

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well, JOC (James O'Connor) wanted a chance to prove himself. Bit rough on Kuridrani, whose lack of stats in attack was probably not much to do with him.
Good Coleman would be good.
Hopefully Latu makes it to designated subbing time. Sio and AAA starting = good.
I remain on the "undecided" bench with respect to Jones.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Or they're not convinced about any of the alternatives.
I guess they see Valetini as next cycle. Jones and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) are much of a likeness. If Jones hadn’t clowned around the back of that ruck he may have climbed into the starting position. Presuming Samu is available, it seems they’re more interested in the lineout strength from the 6.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
So what happens if Hooper gets injured? Nobody is close to a back up openside in that 23. Not sure about JOC (James O'Connor) at 13, unless he's been playing there oop Norf. Pretty content with the rest of the squad though.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
So what happens if Hooper gets injured? Nobody is close to a back up openside in that 23. Not sure about JOC (James O'Connor) at 13, unless he's been playing there oop Norf. Pretty content with the rest of the squad though.

From what I read he was playing 12, 13 & 15.

I hope he is wrong about Hodge, he has done nothing to justify that position over Banks. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) needs a big game to prove his doubters wrong... they need to give both Jones and Coleman good time off the bench to see what they offer... 30 mins.

Rough on Tevita, he hasn't put a foot wrong except be selected in a team which doesn't know how to use him. He could probably use the rest though. Good luck to JOC (James O'Connor), huge step up from Northern Hem club footy to a Bledisloe. Imagine this is his big audition and if he goes well will likely leapfrog both To'omua and Hodge.

Still dumbfounded at the lack of Pete Samu. He is the perfect bench option if they're starting LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) at 6.... or the perfect 6 with LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)/Jones on the bench.

I am worried after all this talk about NZ being weaker... they tend to come out and put 50 on is when crap like this is said by the media.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Papalii is taller than both Messam and Jerry Collins (and Jacobson for that matter) so i'm not sure how he stuffs up the AB lineout. Saying Luatua was always going is pure conjecture - he only left after being constantly overlooked for the very average Elliot Dixon. Shields turned it down after years and years of being snubbed for the likes of Luke Whitelock (another who has been tried and discarded by the way!). As for Akira - I have no issue with them not picking him in 2019 - however in 2017 he put out 2 class performances at 6 vs the British and Irish Lions and they never picked him - which is fine - but in the meantime the 6 jersey still didn't get solved. As for Scott Barrett - if he was the answer at 6 he would be a starter rather than riding the pine for Retallick and Whitelock constantly and we wouldn't have this issue at 6 we currently have.

Ok kiwi, I think it better if we just agree that perhaps we disagree on a few of your points, I mean Papalii I really like , but because he taller than Collins and Messam who were neither lineout targets , same as Shields always liked him, but he decided to take easy route to NH, Luatua was same ( he wasn't overlooked by the way, was an AB and got dropped) only Aucklanders thought he should be played when he lost form badly over year or 2 (suspect he had Blues flu) and I was at Lions/Blues game, if you thought Akira had a class performance that day, we obviously watch different games, I had been a huge fan of his until I saw hos much he disappeared from game. He did get into AB squad and by all reports disappointed both times with fitness/attitude.
Look I realise it automatic that Shag is wrong for most Aucklanders , but see I come from middle of NZ and country area where we like our players to work hard, and don't care where they or coaches come from. just generally think coaching team who are currently running at about highest percentage of wins etc while not being perfect(because no coach is), but suspect they have a fair bit more idea about players , and how they want the game played than I do!
By the way it not new mate, when Hart etc was coach and weren't picking South Island players, by geez they all copped shit too, by all the experts from down south. I have been around for a couple of years and seen it all.