• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs All Blacks 10th August @Optus Stadium Perth

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Anyways, I did call it a while back that we might see a Kerevi/JOC (James O'Connor) partnership at some point, but I do have some concerns...

- Kerevi possesses the passing/offloading game to set up his outside men, but has not bee displaying that recently which saw Kuridrani starved of the ball in the first two tests

- Having Kerevi and JOC (James O'Connor) switch around between attack and defence to negate this might be problematic because we still require a stronger runner at 12 to get over the gain line, and Kerevi's defence at 13 has never been great.

- I can foresee some potential defensive issues here, particularly as Nathan Grey is still our defence coach

- Having said all that, I really hope JOC (James O'Connor) works out because his ability to play both centre positions gives us great cover going into the RWC, and then we might not have to rely on some other ageing plodders

I don't think we will see Kerevi defending at 13. I think it's reasonably safe to assume it will be 12. JOC (James O'Connor) 13. SK in attack and 12. SK 13. JOC (James O'Connor) in defense. JOC (James O'Connor) has always been a good defender however I wouldn't be surprised if it takes him 20 mins to get used to the speed of a bledisloe again which may find him out at 13.

I don't think we need a 12 to hit the ball up per se but runners at that 12 channel to get over the advantage line. Any under 12s coach could work out how to do that with 2 big wingers and SK at "13" so hopefully Chieka and his "attack coach" can figure it out.

I predict they will do plenty of swapping JOC (James O'Connor) & SK in attack as well to try and shift the focus of the attack throughout the game.

I'm a big TK fan however I am also excited to see if this JOC (James O'Connor) 2.0 is up to it.

Hoping for a big clean game from Latu as well. It looks increasingly likely our best player won't make the RWC so Latu's ability on the ball would be a huge boost to the team.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
What time is kick off? Going to have to co-ordinate weekend shenanigans with the yearly Bledisloe disappointment.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Perth Stadium could do the courtesy of pausing those LCD screens cycling through images when the ticket is lining up for his kicks.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I've made the mistake of mixing up Hooper and JOC (James O'Connor) a couple of times now...

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
He looks like a second rower but he got there. Great start

Shouldve been intercepted though...