• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs All Blacks 10th August @Optus Stadium Perth

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
81% possession, 87% territory to Australia. Alright Hansen, time to stop faffing about with the experiment. Pick your best 10 for a bloody start, pick your best 15 for a start.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
I have a bad feeling the Wallabies will go out this half and play laterally to take advantage of the extra man instead of drawing them in first, negating the overlap.

B

Bobby Sands

Personally i think there was nothing wrong with that pass, Hodge was sitting flat footed whilst his inside man was moving forward. I thought that was a pretty poor read by Hodge not to start moving forward.

It was ambitious, and un-needed. Poor play a few times already by Samu. One where he off-loaded to the ground, one where he didn't pass with line begging and the of course the one you mention where he passed too far in front. Even Alan Gaffney (the king of ball in front rugby) would tell him to turn a shoulders towards the sideline a little there.

B

Bobby Sands

The one bloke who's impressed me tonight is Hodge. I know alot of people including myself had doubts over his position in the team but he's well and truly put them to bed.

Hodge is having the best game of his career. Incredible performance.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Tackling a short player doesn't mean you need to lead with your shoulder.

Fair enough.

Hooper should really start to wear some headgear. Don't know how that guy doesn't get constantly ruled out with concussion.

B

Bobby Sands

Have to say seen more in attack from JOC (James O'Connor) in his 40mins so far then seen from TK in his entire two last tests. Early days but we might have found out 12-13 starting combo for the World Cup. And CL proving he might yet be first choice 10 over Foley.

Confirmed.

JOC (James O'Connor) and Kerevi look good.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It was ambitious, and un-needed. Poor play a few times already by Samu. One where he off-loaded to the ground, one where he didn't pass with line begging and the of course the one you mention where he passed too far in front. Even Alan Gaffney (the king of ball in front rugby) would tell him to turn a shoulders towards the sideline a little there.

Nah disagree, had Hodge not been flatfooted he would have caught that ball... Winger 101 is not to sit flat footed whilst your inside man is moving forward

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
They dont play there

simpsons-memes-thats-the-joke.jpg

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
One big difference we'll see in the 2nd half is the ABs putting less numbers into the breakdown. Could be a good chance of some quick ball at least.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It's not a racist comment mate.

His rugby skills are atrocious.

He is not all there as a rugby player with regards to ball skills, body height or otherwise.

Great to see us playing well, sad to see a Red, but it was there.

I disagree, i like him as a player, he has his obvious shortfalls but i don't think its necessary to say "he isn' all there"