• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs All Blacks 10th August @Optus Stadium Perth

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Bloody good game ( for at least 35 minutes!). Well done to Australia. At half time I told the wife it was all over and we were going to get thumped.
Part of me wonders how good a match it would have been if it had been 15 on 15 the whole game. Could have been one of the great arm wrestles right to the end.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wow wouldn’t that be something wallabies win the bledisloe and come 3rd in RC. I think though I am going to shut up now as don’t need to motivate all blacks more than they will be out to win at Eden Park!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I think Latu was picked for contingency; outside of Pocock he’s probably our best forward over the ball we have and balances out the likely back row combination they’ve been working on. There are many, many reasons not to pick him but if Pocock isn’t going to make the field I think I get the thought process.
Hooper is our best over the ball and was great last night with a few key steals. He gets a bad wrap given its not the best aspect of his game but he is strong over the ball.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Bloody good game ( for at least 35 minutes!). Well done to Australia. At half time I told the wife it was all over and we were going to get thumped.
Part of me wonders how good a match it would have been if it had been 15 on 15 the whole game. Could have been one of the great arm wrestles right to the end.

Agree, I really think that this needs fixing. I said to Mrs Wamberal at half-time, we cannot win now. Even if we score more points than the Darkness, it is still not a proper win. I reckon we were good enough to win against 15.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
t
Agree, I really think that this needs fixing. I said to Mrs Wamberal at half-time, we cannot win now. Even if we score more points than the Darkness, it is still not a proper win. I reckon we were good enough to win against 15.
I dont agree, i think the pressure we had them under gave rise to the error that got carded.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Wrong wrong wrong. We dominated them in every aspect. When they went to 14 we adjusted our game accordingly. We opened the game up, it allowed them to score a couple of loose tries but we still scored 3 more than them in that stanza. It was a VERY impressive performance. Finally, if we had a player carded and had lost, all the regulars would be on here moaning about how shit we were. So fuck SBar the cheating c#@t, about time they got pulled up for dirty shit.

PS where is Gnostic today?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Maybe it was the extra coupla beers what with the late kick off but at 12-16* I thought we were a ~40% chance of winning it. Post-card, of course, we were more like a 4% chance & were probably lucky not to concede 50.

*EDIT: 12-13 but well behind in terms of territory & possession.

Expecting to hear a lot about The Card but really it had to be a Card & as soon as you put yourself in that situation it's as likely to be Red as Yellow so no excuses there & will be interesting to see how heavily the judiciary come down on him. Could be 4-6 weeks, so probably will be 2 or 3 given how these things seem to go.

Also expecting to hear & read plenty of parallels with 2011 & 2015 being drawn but right now I'm feeling like it's 1991 all over again, all we need to completely set the scene is a three-point win at Eden Park......

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
3D182741-D1B3-4043-8F78-217FD31008E2.png

Have wales ever been #1 before?

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Just on the card, while I have always been an unabashed admirer of the AB's, one aspect I find very unattractive under Hansen's coaching is that of targeting a player with foul play.
Until the refs got onto it, first it was Folau in the air. It seemed every time he go up, an AB would take his legs from under him while looking up at the ball, I remember seeing Ben Smith do it right in front of me. Happily, the refs stopped that. Then it was Pocock, with their continued (unpenalized) neck rolls.
Last night, Hooper copped a blatant high tackle, followed soon after by a slap in the back of the head by Savea, and then the shoulder charge at the head by Barrett. Coincidence?? The track record would suggest not.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Having AAA back last night, and I love Kepu, but it went from holding our own to putting massive pressure on the other team, he puts big hits in defense has some great hands and puts the hard yards up the guts.

Then you get Tupou coming on and bring that power and energy which is more then anyone else in the world. I truly think those 2 are the best 1 - 2 punch around, and Tupou's a better bench prop bar none, that includes AAA or any of the others.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
P.S Nic White's been that good for years, he just probably more calm at test level now, he played exactly how he drove the Brumbies back in 2013, great pass vision and running.. still has his annoying trait of complaining to the ref *hands up instead of a tackle ..

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tupou's scrummaging is not quite there yet, but he's certainly providing impact around the ground.......... hopefully he's used up his brainfarts for the year.