• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Well so far the Tahs have re-signed a few players and only signed one new player. I wonder when or even if they are going to strengthen the team especially in the forwards??

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Here is an interesting proposition.
Since Taqele Naiyaravoro left the tahs, we have lacked a big powerful winger who is a headache for our oppositions.
I was reading the other day the Semi Radradra is interested in coming back to Australia as he prefers the lifestyle here compared to France. He was at Toulon and now playing for Bordeaux/ the Fijian national team. Since making the transition from NRL, he has been carving up, can play 11/13/14. He may be seeking too much $$$ and may be more interested in a return to the NRL. I think he would be a great acquisition if we could get him, thoughts?

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Here is an interesting proposition.
Since Taqele Naiyaravoro left the tahs, we have lacked a big powerful winger who is a headache for our oppositions.
I was reading the other day the Semi Radradra is interested in coming back to Australia as he prefers the lifestyle here compared to France. He was at Toulon and now playing for Bordeaux/ the Fijian national team. Since making the transition from NRL, he has been carving up, can play 11/13/14. He may be seeking too much $$$ and may be more interested in a return to the NRL. I think he would be a great acquisition if we could get him, thoughts?
If they can sign him, I'd be going all in. He's a rare talent and a bone fide crowd puller

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Don't think Aus sides are allowed to sign foreigners who will never play for the Wallabies anymore. There's none currently on contract.

edit: Frank Lomani is one.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Correct, as much as I love his enthusiasm the last thing we need is coach with little experience, I don't know who has been shortlisted but I hope they are decent candidates

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
I wasn't debating his lack of qualifications, I was entertained by his lack of grace & making a petulant public comment.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I have always thought the slower (fat'ish) backs make the best attack coaches, the super naturally talented unit often never had to make many decisions whilst playing.