• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

DRFC

Frank Nicholson (4)
Give ,credit where it is due, the IGS pack is dominant, NC had a terrible game,Im pretty sure the IGS firsts went through undefeated in the lower grades as well ,as for the #10 having the game on a string,not sure about that,if NC backs where behind that forward pack it would have been 50-0.

But they're not so NC need to sort it out for next season or it will be 50-0 to IGS.

DRFC

Frank Nicholson (4)
Give ,credit where it is due, the IGS pack is dominant, NC had a terrible game,Im pretty sure the IGS firsts went through undefeated in the lower grades as well ,as for the #10 having the game on a string,not sure about that,if NC backs where behind that forward pack it would have been 50-0.

So NC backs need a strong forward pack to score points, without it they can't ,is that what you're saying?

Shaw Road

Herbert Moran (7)
So NC backs need a strong forward pack to score points, without it they can't ,is that what you're saying?
Not at all,I think IGS have some very big forwards ,who are dominant players,very good at this level,be interesting to see how they go in the next few years ,when everyone else grows,where are you going to hang your IGS u14 jersey?

DRFC

Frank Nicholson (4)
Not at all,I think IGS have some very big forwards ,who are dominant players,very good at this level,be interesting to see how they go in the next few years ,when everyone else grows,where are you going to hang your IGS u14 jersey?

On a coathanger next to his IGS U13 Premier winners jersey.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
TSS vs BGS: TSS by 50 - What can you say TSS looking very good.
NC vs TGS: NC by 40 TGS will be happy to get through this game with only 40 against them.
BBC vs IGS: IGS by 12 – Really hard to gauge this one. BBC will be quick in defence and well drilled but I feel that the IGS backs might get the better of BBC.
ACGS vs GT: GT by 14 - have heard some disturbing rumors coming out of Churchie and if true - it is not a happy camp

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)

Just on that IGS pack, one player to watch out for the future is the orange headgeared number 8. Seen him play league and union for a few years and is an out and out footballer. Big, tough, aggressive and fast. Love watching him play.

WW2000

Frank Row (1)

Nudgee will catch up with their scholarships don't worry, usually happens in U15 and U16

Ronald Reagan

Stan Wickham (3)
Really don’t see the fuss over IGS. Backs are lethal, yes. BBC forward pack will be too good and run over the IGS pack. BBC by 12

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
Really don’t see the fuss over IGS. Backs are lethal, yes. BBC forward pack will be too good and run over the IGS pack. BBC by 12

I am sure that will be the plan -starve their backs ala Wallabies.
Big call bringing in the injured 10 now recovered- when the young 10 they had was playing superbly.

All over it

Allen Oxlade (6)
Big call bringing in the injured 10 now recovered- when the young 10 they had was playing superbly.
Agreed. Although the new 10 is a very strong defensive player. Could be a smart move with IGS (Walker) and TSS coming up. Bowyer and Wald also back into the team for their first game of the season - retuning from injury.

IGS have the best back-line in the comp IMO. However, I predict they won’t get the amount of ball they need as BBC forwards will be too good for their counterparts. BBC by 8.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)

I reckon they know what they are doing - proof will be in the pudding plus Tierney back too - I think first half will be close but BBC fitness and ball speed will run away with it in the end BBC by 16

All over it

Allen Oxlade (6)
I reckon they know what they are doing - proof will be in the pudding plus Tierney back too - I think first half will be close but BBC fitness and ball speed will run away with it in the end BBC by 16
Yep -agreed. Ruru back as well for his first game of the season in the seconds. Will be interesting to see what pack is rolled out next week. Hopefully no injuries this weekend and BBC won’t be able to play the blame game.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sorry everyone, work is getting in the way of managing the tipping comps, it's very rude of them.

The form for this week is HERE

I'll update the table this morning and post it too, always takes longer when I have a terrible round.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Here's the table. A huge shout out to Pear boy who managed 4/4 and one of two who tipped the draw.

All Over It 14
BBCfanatic 14
Petep 13
Rugby Follower 13
rugrat 13
An_Observer 12
BAG 12
Jets 12
Nomad 12
Sage Too 12
Seagull 12
Cookie 11
fairplay 11
HJ Nelson 11
KFC 11
Lammy 11
Patriot 11
Reg 11
Roberts Rugby 11
Dark Shark 10
EGROEG 10
Melomvp 10
MW 10
Dean Moriarty 9
Outsider 9
Skyfall 9
The Ear 9
David Y 7
Hound 7
Jonte Roberts 7
AGJ 6
Charlie 6
Chubs 6
Spikhaza 6
Cruiser 5
Fraser 5
Marcosity 5
Cagey Ref 4
CSM 4
Dequavis B 4
EatDeez1s 4
harry vela's left foot 4
Mr Rugby 4
PAPA 4
Pear boy 4
Tom 4
Tom Griffin 4
will oh 4
Dan 3
Frae 3
hugo emery 3
John Munro 3
Oi nah 3
Shirley Streszlejki 3
Tony G 3
blanco 2
DAVE 2
JJ 2
KING JAMES 2
Sgt Slaighter 2
Will Jackson 2
zac 2
BBC 14A's awesome scrums 1
jt 1
Nudgee 1
runningrugby1 1
Westies94 1
Zane Nonggorr fan 1
Steve Lezinski 0

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Round 5 tips
TSS
NC
BBC
GT

It’s a hard round to pick again. Two games you would put your house on and two games that despite all our friendly banter and opinions are very hard to decide. Any word on the GT front row issue? Churchie aren’t big or flashy but their set piece seems reliable.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
That's right. ACGS have an average to above average scrum that has bested so called contenders whereas Terrace don't have one full stop. ACGS are more committed in defense and on the ground which is why I have them for the win despite reports of internal issues