• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe II @ Eden Park

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I thought LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) had been alright most the games but tonight, his been caught out as really slow, Hodge as well but Ive just noticed a few times that his been targeted a bit

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Have you considered, that the appreciation of player safety in the game has evolved past what you expect of the game?
And other teams have adapted but ABs are struggling to keep up, or wilfully not not adapting for competitive reasons.

Yes. So what does that mean? I drop the dacks and touch my toes? I'm not allowed an opinion now?

My point is that in the interest of player safety, that clear out didn't even resemble dangerous. You lot are all bleating because he put his hand on top his shoulder and threw him to the ground. He didn't high shot him, he didn't neck roll him, he didn't throw him by the neck. Why you guys don't distinguish that difference is your prerogative I guess. It's also my opinion that the TMO should be able to tell the difference. The fact that Peyper literally said in his explanation "it was NEAR the neck" and "I warned you earlier" shows that the actual instance by itself needed some extra reasoning.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yes. So what does that mean? I drop the dacks and touch my toes? I'm not allowed an opinion now?

My point is that in the interest of player safety, that clear out didn't even resemble dangerous. You lot are all bleating because he put his hand on top his shoulder and threw him to the ground. He didn't high shot him, he didn't neck roll him, he didn't throw him by the neck. Why you guys don't distinguish that difference is your prerogative I guess. It's also my opinion that the TMO should be able to tell the difference. The fact that Peyper literally said in his explanation "it was NEAR the neck" and "I warned you earlier" shows that the actual instance by itself needed some extra reasoning.

To be fair, only ones bleating are fans on the receiving end of the decision.
Rest of us are willing to accept the modern interpretation of the law and move on.

Leave the necks of players alone and move on