• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe II @ Eden Park

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
In related news, the planet earth appears to​
be once more spinning correctly upon its axis.​
220px-Globespin.gif
ElderlyConstantHoneycreeper-max-1mb.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok, that was slightly impressive from the ABs. so my take on the game first off Coles while maybe just a bit enthusiastic was a yellow card all day, and the reason you cannot argue if you give the Ref a reason to make a decision, don't be disappointed if he makes the one you don't like. I imagine he be getting a bollocking about dumb rugby. That AB scrum was pretty good tonight, I know I saw someone say on here the other night he didn't rate Laulala as a prop, suggest you have a peek at that test, he was quite reasonable. Ardie Savea amazes me you look at a break of play after 10 minutes he looks absolutely f***ed and struggling for breath, at 80 minutes he looks exactly the same after 80 minutes of energiser bunny type play. Cane was immense, and Read for an old man that is well past it, didn't look too bad. A Smith was bloody good that pass to SBW for his try was bang on target, Mounga and SBW were both pretty competent, ALB was almost MOTM for me f*** he went well, Reece and Bridge both looked like they deserved their spot and Barrett seemed to go pretty well. All in all I would say a little bit pleased with whole lot and I will think sleep will be good tonight. Wallabies had a couple that made mistakes, but apart from LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and maybe Beale, I not sure I would change too much, or can think of better players to come in. might be time to keep the faith!

Can't say how much I think the good night Kiwi is appropiate for how I feel DP, I know Aussie boys mightn't understand but good one!!

Spruce Moose

Fred Wood (13)
Well what a difference a week makes, for me this just reminded me of the South Africa match. Some good moments in first half but far to many basic errors and aimless kicking (best kick of the night was from our hooker!).

Its all about desire and effort. Last week we were brimming with it and this week it just didn't seem to be there at kick off and apart from 10 minutes in the first half we just didn't try which is damning.

Also I know they want to show they are tough, but when its pissing with rain and colder than a nun's c**** can they just wear track suit tops and potentially bottoms to keep warm during the opening chat, obits, anthem and hakka (about 10 mins of standing still)! They must have been ice cold again by kick off.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Ok, that was slightly impressive from the ABs. so my take on the game first off Coles while maybe just a bit enthusiastic was a yellow card all day, and the reason you cannot argue if you give the Ref a reason to make a decision, don't be disappointed if he makes the one you don't like. I imagine he be getting a bollocking about dumb rugby. That AB scrum was pretty good tonight, I know I saw someone say on here the other night he didn't rate Laulala as a prop, suggest you have a peek at that test, he was quite reasonable. Ardie Savea amazes me you look at a break of play after 10 minutes he looks absolutely f***ed and struggling for breath, at 80 minutes he looks exactly the same after 80 minutes of energiser bunny type play. Cane was immense, and Read for an old man that is well past it, didn't look too bad. A Smith was bloody good that pass to SBW for his try was bang on target, Mounga and SBW were both pretty competent, ALB was almost MOTM for me f*** he went well, Reece and Bridge both looked like they deserved their spot and Barrett seemed to go pretty well. All in all I would say a little bit pleased with whole lot and I will think sleep will be good tonight. Wallabies had a couple that made mistakes, but apart from LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and maybe Beale, I not sure I would change too much, or can think of better players to come in. might be time to keep the faith!
Enjoy it like we did.

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
It’s weird I could have sworn last week the Wallabies were good at rugby, I will have to watch last weeks tape again so I know I wasn’t dreaming.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Everything we did well last week we were schooled in this week. Scrum was dominated, Lineout was bad, we lost at the breakdown and we're generally outmuscled. Thats what makes the ABs so damn good, they diagnose and learn while we seem to fall into old habits. Utterly frustrating.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Tonights the night Chieka has to hold his hands up and realise that LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is not a 6, Hodge is too slow to be a winger and we have to have more at the breakdown than just our reserve hooker. They punished us.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Some issues that arose again...

- Our 13 saw very little ball
- LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is just not a test 6, and we were completely blown away at the breakdown
- Hodge's lack of pace exposed on a few occasions
- Beale runs very hot, or very cold... and tonight it was the latter
- What happened to our scrum? A couple of questionable angles aside...

absolute agree especially about the breakdown, we lost at scrum time, lineout held its own and but our execution on attack was poor. in rugby as in life everything reverts to the mean, AB's returning to their level as did the WB's. still i think there is some glimmer of hope for the RWC.

A mutterer

Desmond Connor (43)
ok had some time to calm down.

unfortunately i made 2 near fatal mistakes

1. being a wallabies fan
2. holding onto hope we coulda done it at eden

fair play to the AB's, they definitely did what they set out to do. make a statement. keep the bled. get rwc prep back on track.

cant get over the impression that the wobs were like this pregame

giphy.gif

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Modern Australian Hooker at Scrum time is fucked if the coaching staff think their main job is to cuddle a couple of Props and throw lines outs.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
And the Wallabies, true to form with Cheika at the helm, resurrect the 90 yo AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and the consistently ineffectual Simmons to take on the might of the world's best.

At least, this will put to bed those wacky Tahs supporters who have already been sprouting Cheika for the next 4 years. He really is not a coach's arsehole.
What absolute fucking garbage. You single out a couple of bench players for that performance? Because they play for the Waratahs? And wasn’t the 3 man selection panel the reason for last week’s thumping? I’d suggest that Cheika’s plan to rotate a few different players in was quashed by Johnson and Snoz. Not that I think that would have made any difference.

Might be an idea to check out the game of ‘the saviour’ Lilo before you start throwing spears at a couple of reserves.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Biggsy’s got a point though

That scrum when we’re calling Joe Moody for angling in?

The very next scrum, on a reset, you can see our TH (I think Tupou was on by that stage) castigates the Hooker for not getting in on him

The whole Joe Marler magical-mystery thing is bollox. There’s no way a TH (and his hooker) should be bullied by the LH boring in. Poor technique maybe, but lazy technique really. Sloppy.

Drop/roll the shoulder and let him fold in. Or (b) shear him off with the hooker in your arse and teach him a lesson. Basic stuff

To clarify though, I really rate AAA. I’m not really knocking him. I think he’s got massive core strength and good technique and determination. The problem is that he got hoodwinked by Moody and that shouldn’t happen at this level. The whole team seemed a bit flustered and comatose.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Biggsy’s got a point though

That scrum when we’re calling Joe Moody for angling in?

The very next scrum, on a reset, you can see our TH (I think Tupou was on by that stage) castigates the Hooker for not getting in on him

The whole Joe Marler magical-mystery thing is bollox. There’s no way a TH (and his hooker) should be bullied by the LH boring in. Poor technique maybe, but lazy technique really. Sloppy.

Drop/roll the shoulder and let him fold in. Or (b) shear him off with the hooker in your arse and teach him a lesson. Basic stuff

To clarify though, I really rate AAA. I’m not really knocking him. I think he’s got massive core strength and good technique and determination. The problem is that he got hoodwinked by Moody and that shouldn’t happen at this level. The whole team seemed a bit flustered and comatose.

The Scrums won't be under that much pressure if the Hooker could hook the ball and get the ball the Fuck out to the Number 8
In most cases the Refs are playing on at Scrum time if the Scrum is down at the Front but the Ball is out the back with the number 8.
All Blacks tonight know Australia do NOT hook and the ball dose not pass the second row and the attacking team apply pressure and fuck them over.
The Modern day Hooker in Australia is not taught how to hook a ball any more.... So I Was told on this forum years ago.