• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Agreed - I though Claridge took in the line too often when he has two amazing centres out wide

He had a strong game though and they won. Both 10's have different styles and belong in the 1st XV, but you need to have a player that can kick points from inside the opposition 22, regardless of which position he plays, to beat TSS and NC.

terry from Townsville

Allen Oxlade (6)
let’s be honest it was an 8 point game until a try and conversion on the full time whistle.ipswich f’d up the last 15m when they missed scoring in prime field position.i would be passing on green white and black reacharounds .If they defend like that today against tss and nudgee they are still going to done up the blurt

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
let’s be honest it was an 8 point game until a try and conversion on the full time whistle.ipswich f’d up the last 15m when they missed scoring in prime field position.i would be passing on green white and black reacharounds .If they defend like that today against tss and nudgee they are still going to done up the blurt
Gross comment man. Read the posts. Nobody is saying they are favorites. And keep your mind on football rather than sex eh? It’s a schoolboy thread after all :)

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Went to watch the 14A match at BBC - to see what all the fuss was about . Wow what a high quality exciting match . I thought BBC had it but an interception got IGS up 19-14
Good to see Lote Tuquiri and Brad Thorn there watching their boys for BBC .The IGS 8 was dominant.

Countryjack

Alfred Walker (16)
Gross comment man. Read the posts. Nobody is saying they are favorites. And keep your mind on football rather than sex eh? It’s a schoolboy thread after all :)

Gee you were watching a different match . Were you at the ground ? BBC clearly dominated and bombed 3 tries in 1st xv minutes — and I am TSS supporter - so I like to think I am unbiased. BBC 12 and 13 are very good

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)
Gee you were watching a different match . Were you at the ground ? BBC clearly dominated and bombed 3 tries in 1st xv minutes — and I am TSS supporter - so I like to think I am unbiased. BBC 12 and 13 are very good

I think Terry has a wee drinking problem or took a bad headknock back in the day!!

A

Aussie Luke

I think Terry has a wee drinking problem or took a bad headknock back in the day!!

Yes not sure I get the above comments re IGS v BBC. It was a no contest. BBC’s backline were smarter, quicker, tougher and more in control. They were patient and had Ipswich’s measure.

I also agree with the comments re the IGS flyhalf. He’ll do well in rugby league but he’s being completely outclassed in the 1st XV games v players with rugby union pedigree. The BBC flyhalf read the game well and gave his outside backs the best opportunity to dominate the IGS outside backs.

Will be interesting to see how the BBC pack compete with TSS but I suspect TSS will be stronger there. I think they’ll win at least one of the games v Nudgee TSS.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Well Round 5 done and dusted !

Congrats to Churchie on getting their 1st win - notable game from the #9, Henry Wilson ,who really set the tone early - and get this ( according to Double Take ) 45 tackles after 4 rounds to lead his team defensively. Unbelievable effort from a #9 , however , and not to take anything away from the achievement - but Churchie have certainly had plenty of tackling opportunity. Good to see #6 , Aidan King amongst the action with some on ball pressure leading to turnovers and a smart try assist to #7 George Stoddart. For Terrace ......well , they still have Grammar coming up .......so they've got that going for them.

And speaking of Grammar sounds like a tough day for them down on the Coast. They've still got Terrace coming up .......so they've got that going for them.

BBC were very very good v Ipswich. Ball movement looks good and is creating plenty of scoring opportunities for a whole host of options. Ipswich really seemed to struggle with the width ( as they did last week when Nudgee stretched them down the stretch ) but undoubtedly have class in key positions. It is worth noting however they did play 20 minutes of the game without a player on the ground - one of whom is their best player ( #9 Kalani Thomas ) A bit of the prior chat in the last few posts on #10 Sam Walker is a bit unfair IMO. He more than showed his chops yesterday and absolutely kept Ipswich in the game ( with Thomas ) with key line breaks that led to points - even if BBC always seemed to just have the upper hand. One side comment I will make though - I think young guys that play Rugby and League do appreciate the 10 metre rule in League ( especially a play maker like Walker ) and don't always adjust as well in tighter , more cramped situations through the midfield. But good competitive game all round and just the ticket for the BBC lads heading into the toughest games in the run home.

Nudgee never really looked troubled against TGS but interestingly ( and ominously ) they found another gear at around the 50 minute mark and put on 20 something points in 7 or 8 minutes like it was nothing . I have noted a bit of negative chat in the early part of the season around #10, Reesjan Pasitoa , which by now is making it seem a bit silly. He be balling right now. Jock Thompson with another whale of a game in attack and defense and Mitch Lowrie putting a ton of pressure on the ball , and trapping guys behind the game line with Thompson. Great game by Nudgee - looking good - and exactly the follow up game they needed after putting Ipswich to the sword last week.

Bring on Grammar v Terrace at Grammar in Round 6

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Gordon 10 and Claridge 12.

11. Bowyer

13. Howarth

14. Ripley

15. Annan

Hey that’s just me though.

That center combination is too on fire right now IMO at the moment to mess around with.

Goal kicking on Saturday might have been a case of the yips, but they really, need an inform sniper (not literally) next week vs TSS (who are looking unstoppable).

BBC will have good bench depth, and will "potentially" have a team with a chance to match TSS, whomever they pick to start.

Little lapses of concentration have cost BBC in defense this year.

Can't do that against TSS.

Can't see TSS "having a bad day" this year.

BBC players need to play a perfect game next Saturday to take down the Coastal Colossus this year.

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)

Congrats to Churchie on getting their 1st win - notable game from the #9, Henry Wilson ,who really set the tone early - and get this ( according to Double Take ) 45 tackles after 4 rounds to lead his team defensively. Unbelievable effort from a #9 , however , and not to take anything away from the achievement - but Churchie have certainly had plenty of tackling opportunity. Good to see #6 , Aidan King amongst the action with some on ball pressure leading to turnovers and a smart try assist to #7 George Stoddart. For Terrace ..well , they still have Grammar coming up ...so they've got that going for them.

And speaking of Grammar sounds like a tough day for them down on the Coast. They've still got Terrace coming up ...so they've got that going for them.

BBC were very very good v Ipswich. Ball movement looks good and is creating plenty of scoring opportunities for a whole host of options. Ipswich really seemed to struggle with the width ( as they did last week when Nudgee stretched them down the stretch ) but undoubtedly have class in key positions. It is worth noting however they did play 20 minutes of the game without a player on the ground - one of whom is their best player ( #9 Kalani Thomas ) A bit of the prior chat in the last few posts on #10 Sam Walker is a bit unfair IMO. He more than showed his chops yesterday and absolutely kept Ipswich in the game ( with Thomas ) with key line breaks that led to points - even if BBC always seemed to just have the upper hand. One side comment I will make though - I think young guys that play Rugby and League do appreciate the 10 metre rule in League ( especially a play maker like Walker ) and don't always adjust as well in tighter , more cramped situations through the midfield. But good competitive game all round and just the ticket for the BBC lads heading into the toughest games in the run home.

Nudgee never really looked troubled against TGS but interestingly ( and ominously ) they found another gear at around the 50 minute mark and put on 20 something points in 7 or 8 minutes like it was nothing . I have noted a bit of negative chat in the early part of the season around #10, Reesjan Pasitoa , which by now is making it seem a bit silly. He be balling right now. Jock Thompson with another whale of a game in attack and defense and Mitch Lowrie putting a ton of pressure on the ball , and trapping guys behind the game line with Thompson. Great game by Nudgee - looking good - and exactly the follow up game they needed after putting Ipswich to the sword last week.

Congrats to Churchie on getting their 1st win - notable game from the #9, Henry Wilson ,who really set the tone early - and get this ( according to Double Take ) 45 tackles after 4 rounds to lead his team defensively. Unbelievable effort from a #9 , however , and not to take anything away from the achievement - but Churchie have certainly had plenty of tackling opportunity. Good to see #6 , Aidan King amongst the action with some on ball pressure leading to turnovers and a smart try assist to #7 George Stoddart. For Terrace ..well , they still have Grammar coming up ...so they've got that going for them.

And speaking of Grammar sounds like a tough day for them down on the Coast. They've still got Terrace coming up ...so they've got that going for them.

In my humble opinion
Downlands 15 and IGS 9 are the 2 best players I have seen this year .I hope Reds have them
I

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
Couple of things from yesterday’s game st Toowong
1) surely the BBC 12 and 13 are the best in the comp - and certainly the best defensive pair
2) I thought the BBC line out was poor and TSS have the tallest/ best line out in the comp - and best scrum .
Better hold the ball !

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
BBC 14 - IGS 19 14A

5 wins from 5

Lets go IGS 14As

Well done, but even you'd have to admit that was a get out of jail free card. BBC were the better team, and the disallowed try in the corner off the lineout when the ref was unsighted would have pushed the score out to 19-12 to BBC with conversion to come. And it appears the naysayers on the BBC scrum were well off the mark. They contested the whole game, and although dismantled in an early scrum never took the easy option, and if anything were gaining the upper hand at the end. Congats to all boys who played, it was an engrossing battle and you did everyone associated with you proud.

FYI, I am not affiliated with either school and was impartial, knowing boys on both teams.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Tipping results from Round 5.

We had Lammy, Tom Griffin, KFC and BAG get 4/4.

All Over it out in the lead by themselves with four more tipsters a point away.

All Over It 17
BAG 16
Petep 16
Rugby Follower 16
rugrat 16
An_Observer 15
Jets 15
KFC 15
Lammy 15
Nomad 15
Sage Too 15
Seagull 15
BBCfanatic 14
Cookie 14
fairplay 14
HJ Nelson 14
Patriot 14
EGROEG 13
Melomvp 13
MW 13
Reg 13
Roberts Rugby 13
Dean Moriarty 12
Outsider 12
Skyfall 12
Dark Shark 10
Hound 10
AGJ 9
The Ear 9
Tom Griffin 8
David Y 7
Jonte Roberts 7
Charlie 6
Chubs 6
Spikhaza 6
Cruiser 5
Fraser 5
Marcosity 5
Cagey Ref 4
CSM 4
Dequavis B 4
EatDeez1s 4
harry vela's left foot 4
Mr Rugby 4
PAPA 4
Pear boy 4
Tom 4
will oh 4
Dan 3
Frae 3
hugo emery 3
John Munro 3
Oi nah 3
Shirley Streszlejki 3
Tony G 3
Westies94 3
blanco 2
DAVE 2
JJ 2
KING JAMES 2
Sgt Slaighter 2
Will Jackson 2
zac 2
BBC 14A's awesome scrums 1
jt 1
Nudgee 1
runningrugby1 1
Zane Nonggorr fan 1
Steve Lezinski 0
JOC (James O'Connor) 0

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
Even more 'impressive' when you consider they don't have a B team at all.

I wondered what the hell was going on when BSHS played 14 Bs and TSS 14 Cs. Same in under 15.
Surely that is not sustainable.
I see the IGS 15 A got pumped-but to be fair their 14 A team is very good.
Great match-like it should be- minimal licking -loads of running.Number 8s on both teams very impressive.