• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2020

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
He was dominant again on the weekend in a top of the table clash where he outpointed league wunerkind Sam Walker (signed to Roosters). Likely to take Nudgee to three straight press. Most complete 10 to come out of Queensland in recent memory. He will go ok, you got a good one.

I've watched him for a little while and he's definitely not the most complete 10 to come out of QLD Schoolboy rugby. He's extremely talented but 2 years I think and he will be there. Physically he is a beast in age group rugby and dominates because of it. Still a way to go in other aspects.

No doubt he will be a player for the Brumbies, just not anywhere near as quick. Hansen/Kuenzle much better options IMO.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Let Pasitoa actually finish school before hyping the poor kid up, he is playing in the most technically challenging position in the backline and shouldn’t be anywhere near the match day squad until 2021 at least, any expectation he will fill a role before then is unrealistic.

Ted McMahon

Stan Wickham (3)
I've watched him for a little while and he's definitely not the most complete 10 to come out of QLD Schoolboy rugby. He's extremely talented but 2 years I think and he will be there. Physically he is a beast in age group rugby and dominates because of it. Still a way to go in other aspects.

No doubt he will be a player for the Brumbies, just not anywhere near as quick. Hansen/Kuenzle much better options IMO.

Kuenzle's core skill level and style of rugby suits the Brumbies. We have the team strength and dont need an individual player to be a run first player at flyhalf. Thats schoolboy rugby.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
The tahs aren't recruiting without a Head coach. Now Brumbies will have that monster plus huge man Nick Frost (u20s). Rebels have Haangana and Hosea (u20s) and Reds have Hockings and Blyth (just 21)........Tahs missing out on the future big men for sure.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It can’t be blamed on not having a Head coach right now, Tahs have basically missed recruiting on the last 5 years of Australian Schoolboys locks.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
Could be the fastest-biggest second row seen. I mean both can do 100m in 13 odd seconds, allegedly.

I don't think 13 flat in high school is something to be bragging about. I managed it on the grass and am a tubby prop - never close to being the quickest forward...

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I don't think 13 flat in high school is something to be bragging about. I managed it on the grass and am a tubby prop - never close to being the quickest forward.

It's pretty good for humans that size. One report said Frost was around 12s, the other "under 13".

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The tahs aren't recruiting without a Head coach. Now Brumbies will have that monster plus huge man Nick Frost (u20s). Rebels have Haangana and Hosea (u20s) and Reds have Hockings and Blyth (just 21)....Tahs missing out on the future big men for sure.

Can't mention Hockings and Blyth without including Swain in the Brumbies. They were all in the U20s together and are coming along at about the same rate. NSW got Swinton who was also with the others at U20s, but he is the small man out of that group.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Can't mention Hockings and Blyth without including Swain in the Brumbies. They were all in the U20s together and are coming along at about the same rate. NSW got Swinton who was also with the others at U20s, but he is the small man out of that group.

Swinton is a better version of Hanigan - I like him. Swain also. Pretty abrasive players.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Not to hi jack the Brumbies thread but another young lock who's fallen off the radar is Ryan McCauley. Preferred to his peers at age grade level he has struggled in open competition. But this year was the first year I've ever seen him demonstrate physicality in the Shute shield. He always struggled because he's so skinny, but he was considered to be fully developed in terms of core strength when he left high school. He looks now to be at least 5 kgs heavier than in the past. As a Tahs fan I hope he develops enough physicality for Super rugby as he is athletically gifted and 203cm.