• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Official "I'm going to Japan" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
So who's going?

I'm off to see SA v Italy, SA v Canada, England v Argentina and Wales v Fiji

If anyone's around any of those games let's have a beer or three.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Good mix of games. Plenty of SA tries to cheer and a couple potential upsets to get behind.

Wish I was going!

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Looking most forward to the England Argie game. If the Argie scrum can hold up I hope they knock the Poms over.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I managed to score a family ticket to the Aus / Fiji game after queuing up until the wee hours and paying a very reasonable $475.
I managed to be made redundant in may. ( I work in Banking after all).
I managed to sell said tickets as part of the RWC buy-back.
I managed not to cry too loudly as they were sold.
sigh....

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
So, my wife likes travelling, as a result we are going to:

All Blacks v Springboks
Ireland v Scotland
England v USA
Wallabies v Wales

I knew that decision to marry her would pay off one day.

Sam Heinrich

Frank Row (1)
So who's going?

I'm off to see SA v Italy, SA v Canada, England v Argentina and Wales v Fiji

If anyone's around any of those games let's have a beer or three.

Hi All,

A quick shout out to anyone in Tokyo on Sep 28th prior to the Aus v Wales match the next day. The Carbine Club Tokyo is hosting a lunch at Grand Prince New Takanawa featuring some Classic Wallabies and fingers crossed some Classic Welsh players. Doors open at 11:30am. It will be a great lunch with Cape Grim beef from Tasmania and a whole lot of Penfolds wines all to be consumed while listening to an expert panel previewing the Aus v Wales game. We'll also have a live feed of the AFL final after the lunch. Anyone interested please check out this link: https://www.carbineclubtokyo.com/
d Grans

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Dismal just use your main account mate.

baboong4_zpsnbbzqlg7.gif

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Going to:

Oz v Uruguay
France v Tonga
Fiji v Wales
Oz V Georgia

Initially wanted some better games, but the ballot was proving too tough.

Now one of my d1ckhead mates is trying to offload his wallabies v wales tickets because he can't afford to go, and I've already booked flights etc, and won't be in tokyo.

Peanut.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Got to hope our boys beat wales now otherwise that fiji wales game becomes a bit of a let down.

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
I’ll be heading over for two quarter finals and a semi final. So in some ways this loss to Wales is a blessing in disguise. I’m now looking at a blockbuster match versus the Poms, then hopefully another blockbuster versus the Kiwis! (I’m trying to stay positive )

Status
Not open for further replies.