• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I really can't see Valetini being named in the squad tomorrow. He may get a run against Samoa but he'd only be a chance to come into the RWC squad if there was an injury.

By the reports out today, you are right about Valetini BH. But imo it is a mistake not to take him. He is clearly the best ball carrier of those in contention for the 6 spot; he jumps in the lineout, and his defense is rock solid. But beyond that, he is the next best No 8 (I don't want to see the Pooper returned) after Isi Naisarani. If Isi goes down, it would be reassuring to have someone who is most like for like to replace him.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The forwards selections were largely straight forward, but I think we’ll still have issues at 6..........

The AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) selection is a joke....

There’s already half a dozen centres in the squad, he’s too slow for the wing, and on form he’s simply not good enough to be there.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
By the reports out today, you are right about Valetini BH. But imo it is a mistake not to take him. He is clearly the best ball carrier of those in contention for the 6 spot; he jumps in the lineout, and his defense is rock solid. But beyond that, he is the next best No 8 (I don't want to see the Pooper returned) after Isi Naisarani. If Isi goes down, it would be reassuring to have someone who is most like for like to replace him.

no offense, but I read this as one of the most parochial player posts I've seen on here. I think you are overstating young Rob a bit or perhaps just forgot to type the word "potentially" in a lot of places.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
no offense, but I read this as one of the most parochial player posts I've seen on here. I think you are overstating young Rob a bit or perhaps just forgot to type the word "potentially" in a lot of places.
Hes spot on if you swap Valetini for Samu tho.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
If Dempsey is fully fit and can capture his Wallabies form from 2017 his selection could be a master stroke.

Ditto for Petaia - but obviously on 2018 Super form, not test form.

A few big ifs there - but I see the sense in their selection.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So how do we use Samoa?

Rest a few and miniutes for players needing them? THis isn't the same Samoa team that rolled us in 2011.

Perhaps:

1 Slipper
2 Uelese
3 Tupou
4 Coleman
5 Rodda
6 Jones
7 Pocock
8 Dempsey

9 Powell
10 Foley
11 Petaia
12 O'Connor
13 Kuridrani
14 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
15 DHP

16 TPN
17 Kepu
18 AAA
19 Simmons
20 Wright
21 Genia
22 To'omua
23 Banks

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Fucken AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is such a joke.

Team is pretty meh. Hopefully the untested Poey and Petaia can bring something.

I think, if its dry and hot as predicted, the Wallabies will be good for one big win but will lack the consistency to go very deep.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The forwards selections were largely straight forward, but I think we’ll still have issues at 6....

The AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) selection is a joke..

There’s already half a dozen centres in the squad, he’s too slow for the wing, and on form he’s simply not good enough to be there.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s form was actually quite good this season (surprised me), he is still very strong defensively and great positionally but we have JOC (James O'Connor) & TK covering 13 so I don't see where he fits especially with our next great hope (Petaia) there as well

We also have DHP & Hodge covering that 14 hybrid 15 spot and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) isn't cover for Koro

The only unit I see as cover for Koro is Petaia ...............................

F*cked if I know what the thinking is

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
I have always given Cheika the benefit of doubt but now I can no longer bite my tongue.

Adam Ashley Cooper. and Bernard Foley. You have to be kidding. If I were Tom Banks I'd be on the phone to the NRL signing up tomorrow. Its just pathetic really. I'll be cheering Fiji and Georgia in our pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.