• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Foley has to go. We need two frontline 5/8s

Its good to have him there just to remember no matter how bad they play we can take comfort Cheika has someone on the bench whom can be relied on not to tackle, kick the ball into touch out of his 22 or kick even the most straight forward penalty goal.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I have always given Cheika the benefit of doubt but now I can no longer bite my tongue.

Adam Ashley Cooper. and Bernard Foley.

Man, after 5 years of Cheika's selections, these two are the final straw? Cheika has had more egregious selections in the past and this is where you fall on your sword? Jesus.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Its good to have him there just to remember no matter how bad they play we can take comfort Cheika has someone on the bench whom can be relied on not to tackle, kick the ball into touch out of his 22 or kick even the most straight forward penalty goal.
Looks like someone figured out how to clone the generic vaguely coherent angry reds fan.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The squad is fine enough. Jones and Banks are unlucky, and Dempsey and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) are a bit fortunate.

But in reality we're debating the 30th and 31st man here. Fine if you want to spin your wheels about it I suppose.

They won't be the difference between winning and losing.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The squad is fine enough. Jones and Banks are unlucky, and Dempsey and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) are a bit fortunate.

But in reality we're debating the 30th and 31st man here. Fine if you want to spin your wheels about it I suppose.

I hate to sound like an angry reds fan but if we end up with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the wing for an important match he could easily be the difference.

Quality wingers are so underrated.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s form was actually quite good this season (surprised me), he is still very strong defensively and great positionally but we have JOC (James O'Connor) & TK covering 13 so I don't see where he fits especially with our next great hope (Petaia) there as well

We also have DHP & Hodge covering that 14 hybrid 15 spot and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) isn't cover for Koro

The only unit I see as cover for Koro is Petaia ...........

F*cked if I know what the thinking is

Correct me if I'm wrong FP, but wasn't AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) behind both Hunt and Foketi in the centres for the Tahs this year and generally behind Clarke and Newsome for a wing spot? In what world would a third choice player in a Super team be considered for a test spot when those rated above him are not included? I seem to recall that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) spent a good bit of time off the bench for the Tahs.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)

but i need something to gripe about

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Correct me if I'm wrong FP, but wasn't AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) behind both Hunt and Foketi in the centres for the Tahs this year and generally behind Clarke and Newsome for a wing spot? In what world would a third choice player in a Super team be considered for a test spot when those rated above him are not included? I seem to recall that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) spent a good bit of time off the bench for the Tahs.

Nah, he was the 13, but they rotated

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)

Not correct.

Main centre pairing for year was Hunt/AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). When Hunt got injured it became Foketi/AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) for three games.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
But he would have to be the third or forth pick at OC behind JOC (James O'Connor), TK and Petaia.

As a back 3 player as listed he is a wasted selection.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
On a personal level, I feel bad for Banks because it sucks to miss out on something you’re good enough for and it’d be an absolute dream to go to the RWC. On a broader note, I don’t think it really matters (for team performance) who our back reserves are, they’re going to play against a pool minnow and run waters for the rest of it.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I hate to sound like an angry reds fan but if we end up with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) on the wing for an important match he could easily be the difference.

Quality wingers are so underrated.

We had Radike Samo on the wing back in 2011 and no-one batted an eye......

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Not sure that game against Russia - featuring aussie star Adam Byrnes - was so important (mind you, it was three tries apiece in the second half).

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) doesn't deserve that spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.