• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2020

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
2019 Rising Squad

Melbourne Rising 2019 NRC squad
First name Last name Club
Rodney Iona Moorabbin
Jack Maddocks Rebels
Taylor Acheson Harlequins
Navarre Haisila Power House
William Lewesi Melbourne Unicorns
Justin Marsters Harlequins
Ahmu Tuimalealiifano Gordon/Harlequins
Angus Cottrell Rebels
Richard Hardwick Rebels/Harlequins
Robert Leota Rebels/Melbourne Uni
Ola Tauelangi Melbourne Uni
Katinali Tai Harlequins
Pat Morrey UQ
Joseva Tamani Box Hill
Semisi Tupou Rebels
James So'oialo Melbourne Unicorns
Isaiah Leota Harlequins
Delai Moto Box Hill
Reece Fuller Melbourne Unicorns
Theo Strang Sydney Uni
Anaru Rangi Rebels
Mahe Vailanu Gordon/Harlequins
Moli Sooaemalelagi Sunnybank/Northern
Tetera Faulkner Rebels/Moorabbin
Matt Gibbon Rebels
Fereti Sa'aga Rebels
Esei Haangana Rebels/Melbourne Unicorns
Ross Haylett-Petty Rebels
Trevor Hosea Rebels/Harlequins
Matthew Philip Rebels
Junior Uelese Melbourne Uni
Vaauli Faamausili Rebels
Angus Arundel Harlequins
Will Clift Melbourne University
Noa Noa Melbourne Unicorns
George Noa Warringah/Unicorns
Nailati Ukalele Box Hill
Michael Moloney Box Hill
Jermaine Ainsley Rebels
Lolohea Loco Box Hill
Lloyd Johansson Harlequins
Boyd Killingworth Warringah
Matai Nairavu Melbourne Unicorns
JP Sauni Endeavour Hills
Ikapote Tupou Rebels/Unicorns
Harry Potter Sydney Uni
Lots of familiar faces re: Rebels Pathways. Maddocks the only Wallaby Squad player I can see, and Roach is the only Rebels name which is obviously missing. Killingworth pretty much confirmed signed I guess. Anything else we can spy of note?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
2019 Rising Squad

Lots of familiar faces re: Rebels Pathways. Maddocks the only Wallaby Squad player I can see, and Roach is the only Rebels name which is obviously missing. Killingworth pretty much confirmed signed I guess. Anything else we can spy of note?

Uelese is a Wallaby!
Edit: whoops, mistook Junior for his older brother. But you'd imagine Jordan would be playing Rising if not needed at the RWC.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Looks to be especially strong in the forwards. Can someone put up a list showing the likely positions for all players? And perhaps with a possible starting xv?

Roach I noticed is listed in one of the Mitre 10 teams.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
It's a really strong forward pack: even excluding Killingworth and Ainsley (who are technically in the WTS according the Social Media posts) and any further Wallaby drop ins it looks something like:

Sa'aga, Rangi, Fa'amausili, RHP, Phillip, Cottrell, Hardwick, Leota as starters with a bench of: Jr Uelese/Vailanu, Gibbon, Faulkner, Hosea, Ha'angana

Backs looking at it further looks like a bit light, particularly with Goddard and Meakes nowhere to be found. Strang could be a good pick up, and Iona could be a nice moneyball option, but the rest are mostly just the best of the shield boys plus Maddocks and Tupou. Lloyd backs up yet again somehow :p

Edit: Erasmus another who I thought might have been in this squad

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Killingworth was outstanding on Saturday for Warringah against an almost Super Rugby backrow. Looked like prime Pocock.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yep Roach playing for Tasman in Mitre. They absolutely destroyed Wellington (i think) and Roach played well.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
No Meakes frustrates me. He’s fit and training atm, yet not in the squad. Everyone needs as many games as possible to improve not only their standard but the competition as a whole.

Roach has been given blessing to play mitre 10, which I’m more than okay with. He’s on next to nothing at the Rebels, so another 5/10k at mitre 10 level could be the difference in keeping him around.

The 7s program has been sniffing around Goddard for a while, don’t be surprised if he’s involved in their wider squad with the view to qualifying for the Olympics. He’s certainly on the Rebels books for next year but maybe one of these share contracts might be on the cards???

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
The boy who lived has signed with the Rebels for the next season.
Harry Potter is coming home. IMO strange signing. Never particularly rated him, always too small. Hope he proves me wrong.

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
I heard from a good source that there were a few phone calls made to Vic boys interstate seeing if they would come back and play for the rising.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
[quote="Highlander35, post: 1087640, member: 8102"
Edit: Erasmus another who I thought might have been in this squad[/quote]

Can anybody advise what Mees is up to??
Good player - good young man.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
[quote="Highlander35, post: 1087640, member: 8102"
Edit: Erasmus another who I thought might have been in this squad

Good player - good young man.[/quote]
He’s been training for most the season. It’s all a little strange, I honestly can’t see much of a future at the Rebels for him.

There was talk about him transitioning to a hooker but I honestly don’t know much about it other than speculation.

Add Goddard, Meakes and Magnay and this could be a championship worthy squad.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Good player - good young man.
He’s been training for most the season. It’s all a little strange, I honestly can’t see much of a future at the Rebels for him.

There was talk about him transitioning to a hooker but I honestly don’t know much about it other than speculation.

Add Goddard, Meakes and Magnay and this could be a championship worthy squad.[/quote]

He played hooker for a while in the Rising v Wolfpack game.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
So for those who made it to the members forum tonight, what are the key takeaways?

Tim, refer below:

Anaru Rangi named 2019 Members Player of the Year (thoroughly deserved).

Membership - discontinuing external call team (when you call you will get Laurie (Weeks) or Thomas), setting up new data system, holding member merchandise collection events, auto-renewals set for 16 Sept, being our 10th season there will be foundation member recognition. (Obvious) memberships have been in gradual decline since foundation. Aiming at first getting those members back, then engage with rugby community and then trying to engage with non-Rugby fans. Will hold separate session and/or survey to engage with Weary Dunlop fans.

SuperRugby fixture set to be announced on Monday. One of home games will be at another Victorian venue, trying to do a deal with Storm with double header ticket for our match on 24 April and Storm v Warriors on 25 April.

We are signing two overseas players in the tight five. Dave said that he heard comments about how in last two games it looked like team weren't trying, he said it was actually the opposite (and he took some of the blame for it) too much training and meetings leading up to those games led to fatigue. Also said in second half of season probably spent too long analysing opposition and not concentrating on ourselves.

More people involved with trying to identify and engage major sponsor both at club and external to club including PwC and other consultants.

8 Victorians on our list for 2020, 70% of 2019 list retained for 2020.

Dave contrasted level of games together as a team and experience compared to that of the Crusaders.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)

Add Goddard, Meakes and Magnay and this could be a championship worthy squad.

He played hooker for a while in the Rising v Wolfpack game.[/quote]
Yes, Mees is transitioning to hooker.

B

Bobby Sands

Tim, refer below:

Anaru Rangi named 2019 Members Player of the Year (thoroughly deserved).

Membership - discontinuing external call team (when you call you will get Laurie (Weeks) or Thomas), setting up new data system, holding member merchandise collection events, auto-renewals set for 16 Sept, being our 10th season there will be foundation member recognition. (Obvious) memberships have been in gradual decline since foundation. Aiming at first getting those members back, then engage with rugby community and then trying to engage with non-Rugby fans. Will hold separate session and/or survey to engage with Weary Dunlop fans.

SuperRugby fixture set to be announced on Monday. One of home games will be at another Victorian venue, trying to do a deal with Storm with double header ticket for our match on 24 April and Storm v Warriors on 25 April.

We are signing two overseas players in the tight five. Dave said that he heard comments about how in last two games it looked like team weren't trying, he said it was actually the opposite (and he took some of the blame for it) too much training and meetings leading up to those games led to fatigue. Also said in second half of season probably spent too long analysing opposition and not concentrating on ourselves.

More people involved with trying to identify and engage major sponsor both at club and external to club including PwC and other consultants.

8 Victorians on our list for 2020, 70% of 2019 list retained for 2020.

Dave contrasted level of games together as a team and experience compared to that of the Crusaders.

Excellent summary, you are a good operator.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Not sure why all the Rebels that missed the Wallabies squad aren’t playing. We should be putting our strongest 15 on the park for the betterment of the comp and to give ourselves our best chance of winning. We could of had a starting 15 of
1 Sa’aga
2 Rangi
3 Fa’amausili
4 Phillip
5 Ha’angana
6 Leota
7 Hardwick
8 Cottrell
9 Goddard
10 Moloney
11 Tupou
12 Meakes