• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ EP Home changing room has been mentioned as the venue a coupla times now. A throwback to the days of the Convener of Selectors reading out the team from (allegedly) off the back of an envelope or (also allegedly) a Best Bets or Turf Digest. But without the ciggie smoke.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
So apparently not anymore. NZR remembered that there's still an old boys wankery deep state network buried within it, so have stolen it and instead sent it to Eden Park. At least Eden Park is better than Ponsonby, which is where some (presumably) Remuera f*ckwit apparently wanted to send it.

F*ck Ponsonby (both club and suburb). And Auckland Glamour, while we're at it.

C'mon zer0, tell us what you really think of Ponsonby and Grammar!!!:p

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
If they select Squire, which I expect they will, does that mean the end of the Savea-Cane-Read trio? If it does then I'd also expect them to not take Todd as you wouldn't really need a third seven, but if Todd goes then that's a pretty good indication that the "small loosies" was an actual plan, perhaps unveiled sooner than intended, rather than a quick-fix solution to the issues exposed v Argentina & moreso SA.

It also seems to me that Squire could potentially play lock v Namibia & Canada so that both Whitelock & ScoBar get a rest.

Doubt they will play Squire at lock. Hemopo a better fit for that role, but if they take 4 locks then I don’t think they will need it. Given Brodie has played little footy they will give him a run against one of those nations.

I still think the Ardie-Cane-Read is the first choice. Todd is the backup openside it seems with Ardie as the blindside/no.8 option.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Geez Kiwi, I thought you were talking about Akira then, and read a post or 2 earlier;)
Personally I would pick him, I actually like the look of Jacobson, but he hasn't any runs on board, and we definitely need a big No 6 for tougher games, we might not get too many packs that the small loosies can boss like they did the Wallabies!!

What runs on the board does Squire have? Seriously? It's all hype.

I agree - a big no. 6 for the tougher games is a good call - but that's not Squire.

How did Squire go vs England and Ireland last year? Rubbish that's how.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Really don't see how they can take Franks now. Only plays one position and a liability around the park. Plus off the bench, when the game opens up in the last 20, he is to impact what jelly is to pudding.

would love one of the guys who misses the cut after 4 years of slog to be BRUTALLY honest to the tv dicks and blurt out
"So, Ngani, how does it feeeeel to miss out on the pinnacle of rugby achievement?
"Haha, not too worried, fiberglass Crotty is guaranteed to get injured during the pool games so get fucked there'll be a spot for me in the Willy Webb Ellis bukkake queue yet baby."

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
F*ck Ponsonby (both club and suburb)
I am still bewildered wft happened to that place. I had a shop there late 90's (the needle exchange end, not the fucken posh end) and could literally see the march of gentrification as it gobbled up all the premisiii coming up towards our place. I guess by about 2002 the subsumption would have been complete.

Let7s Review:

70's: brotown
80's: brotown
90's: broto hang on wft is with all these pricey cafe's for honkies all of a sudden
00's~ total knob city.

ps fun fact: not sure how it is now but back then did you know that ONE family owned pretty much the entirity of Ponsonby Rd as well as K Rd? Their name is Friedlander and they are jabba people on stilts.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Would've much preferred Hemopo for Jacobson, Tu'inukuafe for Ta'avao, and Laumape for Williams.

EDIT: Now just need to see what the 1st XV is. The players for what I consider to be our best XV are in the squad, but whether they make the 1st XV remains to be seen.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
All Blacks squad is: B Barrett, J Barrett, S Barrett, G Bridge, S Cane, D Coles, L Coltman, R Crotty, J Goodhue, R Ioane, L Jacobson, N Laulala, A Lienert-Brown, A Moli, J Moody, R Mo'unga, TJ Perenara, K Read (capt), S Reece, B Retallick, A Savea, A Smith, B Smith, A Ta'a'vao, C Taylor, M Todd, P Tuipulotu, O Tu'ungafasi, B Weber, S Whitelock, SBW.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
What runs on the board does Squire have? Seriously? It's all hype.

I agree - a big no. 6 for the tougher games is a good call - but that's not Squire.

How did Squire go vs England and Ireland last year? Rubbish that's how.

Well you right, Squire didn't make it, I really thought he would (mainly for size), but have said I would prefer Jacobson, just didn't think he would make it because he has had no games. To be fair to Squire I have seen him play some decent rugby, but I no probs him missing out, especially to Jacobson who I think could well have a very long AB career.
I like the look of team, apart from LJ no surprises, and I think Shag has thrown hat into ring and said we going to go for it with a pretty quick game! And one thing I know sure as shit the Selectors have been watching all these players a bloody sight more than me, and know what game they got pinned so as usual I am happy with who they come up with!!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Also suspect that Jordie has got DMac's injury to thank for his inclusion (though he is going ok), we need 3 kickers in squad as much as anything!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I am still bewildered wft happened to that place. I had a shop there late 90's (the needle exchange end, not the fucken posh end) and could literally see the march of gentrification as it gobbled up all the premisiii coming up towards our place. I guess by about 2002 the subsumption would have been complete.

Let7s Review:

70's: brotown
80's: brotown
90's: broto hang on wft is with all these pricey cafe's for honkies all of a sudden
00's~ total knob city.

ps fun fact: not sure how it is now but back then did you know that ONE family owned pretty much the entirity of Ponsonby Rd as well as K Rd? Their name is Friedlander and they are jabba people on stilts.

Well DP I will take your word for Ponsonby etc, not a fan of Auckland, never have been, place is filled with Jafas to start with;), probably only been there a dozen or so times, and without doubt my least favourite NZ city!!

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Very happy.

Jacobson looks a far better prospect than the overrated Squire.

I'm guessing Read will be covering lock during pool games if needed.

The balance of the props is much better now with a loosehead instead of Franks.