• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Holy cow...what a game and what a season so far. I look forward to watching the TSS/IGS game. One thing I didn't think of, a draw between those two.

A

Aussie Luke

Well done to BBC! They could have won this premiership but for their kicking debacle v TSS. I think they got all their kicks on Ross today, including one at the end from the corner.

TSS couldn’t repeat Nudgee’s efforts from last year to win every game and there were no celebrations from the TSS fifteen when the full time whistle blew. The three line out throws from Ipswich straight to TSS at the end of the game cost them the win. Unforgivable to do three in a row in that position, but I guess it’s school boy rugby.

Season over, not the best one too be honest but I think the highlight of the season would be BBC doing Nudgee on Ross today. Great game and well done to BBC!

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
Nudgee also threw 3 x lineouts away today in the red zone and off penalty advantage in the first half with the wind at their back . Massive factor in the result .

But Howarth was immense in the first half and it was clear Nudgee had no answer for him.

Hats off to BBC’s goal line defense in the 2nd half which got them home.

I think it’s now fair to say with certainty that BBC had the best team defense of the season.

Shout out to Jake Tierney who has covered all 3 front row spots this season and did a great job today all around the park and gave BBC the go ahead score in the 2nd half .

Well done to the College on the best result for its First XV in 20 years - noting this cohort has never been conquered on Ross Oval since they first played on Ross as 13A

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Nudgee also threw 3 x lineouts away today in the red zone and off penalty advantage in the first half with the wind at their back . Massive factor in the result . But Howarth was immense in the first half and it was clear Nudgee had no answer for him.

I think it’s now fair to say with certainty that BBC had the best team defense of the season.

Shout out to Jake Tierney who has covered all 3 front row spots this season and did a great job today all around the park and gave BBC the go ahead score in the 2nd half .
Your team certainly won today with defence. Impressive for schoolboy rugby. Howarth and Tierney were key. Ripley’s kicking on point keeping your lads confident. Big shout out to BBC today. Pity you couldn’t get your kicking sorted in the TSS game.

EDIT: Nudgee have some good talent but unfortunately BBC were too strong and wanted it more.

Lute

Chris McKivat (8)
Nudgee also threw 3 x lineouts away today in the red zone and off penalty advantage in the first half with the wind at their back . Massive factor in the result .

But Howarth was immense in the first half and it was clear Nudgee had no answer for him.

Well done to the College on the best result for its First XV in 20 years - noting this cohort has never been conquered on Ross Oval since they first played on Ross as 13A
I had someone tell me as recent as Tuesday that Howarth was not a Rugby player ,Jake has been strong since back from injury, and for once I like your stat about the age group having it over the Nudge since under 13

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
With Howarth, Romano, Gordon, Annan and your 6 (?) from today BBC looking the goods next year.

Yeah next year. For sure.

But they’ll probably have to do it without Howarth. But we’ll see I guess.

I hope he's back - not so much for his sake but for a lot of other player's benefit , and yes Lute , he seems more suited to League . However , his out and out athletic advantage , is like nothing I have ever seen in the nearly 10 years I have been watching Schoolboy Rugby - and whilst passing , recognition and link / continuity skills need to be a lot better - he just commands so much attention toward the 15m channel , and even inside him , that creates significant opportunities that ordinarily wouldn't be there - and probably won't be there without him

Great kid too. One of the first players to go and shake hands with his own Coaches today and opposition Coaches.

Genuine kid. Good kid - and surprisingly one of the most ego less lads running around when most would expect it to be different

A

Aussie Luke

I bet the Ipswich player wished he converted the first try just a few meters left of the posts today. I thought to myself when he missed this, I bet this missed kick decides the premiership. Would have won if he got this. Having said that, the TSS kicker missed one close to in front of the posts near the end that would have given TSS an unblemished season. At the end of the day, the season was decided by kicks and BBC really threw away their season v TSS which is a shame as I think they were the best team and it’s unlikely they will get this chance again for awhile. The coach of course will know this ie it was his fault rather than the kids on the paddock.