• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Samoa, Sat 7th September, 7.30pm, Bankwest (Parra) Stadium

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Koroibete deservedly man of the match and the only other thing we learned from tonight is that Dempsey will be the starting 6. I was close up to the action - great stadium BTW - and was surprised to see that there’s only about an inch height difference between him and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
At the end of the day it was our B team and a few from the C team and we still kinda flogged them. Don’t lose sleep over it people.

Reactions: Tex

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I sure Wallabies got what they wanted out of game, not sure what it was as I would think the point of a warm up game for WC is to bed in a few combinations etc before first game so they hit ground running. Maybe the management are pretty confident that Fiji won't cause too many problems in first game and so can use that as a virtual warm up for Wales, which is fair enough. I actually enjoyed game and thought the players from both teams would have felt they went alright with noone looking like they had a bad game really, though a couple of Samoan boys will be shown Koroibete's first try , and get a bit of a growling for pathetic tackling. But good game I thought.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
These games have so many unknowns, how much tapering was done, how much work on combinations etc etc

We always lack the the ability to real put these teams away with the "b"

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Kinda flogged them?
We would have lost the 2nd half if we didn’t score after the bell.
Kinda fair point. I think most were expecting us to run away with it in the second half but instead we came out asleep and Samoa turned the heat on. No doubt someone will come out with the standard ‘the ABs would have put 50 on us in the second half’ comment, and they would have, but whatever way you look at it we still won 6 tries to 2 and it was still our second string side.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
These games have so many unknowns, how much tapering was done, how much work on combinations etc etc

We always lack the the ability to real put these teams away with the "b"
Absolutely, and it’s become a bit of a professional era trait of the Wallabies to play at the level of the opposition.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yes.... it was just Samoa, but Dempsey displayed some of that 2017 form.
Yes, I think most importantly he looked like a proper back rower, whereas as LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) looked like a lock playing in the back row.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yes, I think most importantly he looked like a proper back rower, whereas as LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) looked like a lock playing in the back row.
As he has all year. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) was ok though.

Think it's criminal Samu didnt get a run.