• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW Teams 2019

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Probably the most striking thing about the squads is Uni’s front row depth. By my count there are 7 front rowers from Uni across the two teams.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
So what's a best 15 for Syd/NSW teams:

Something like:
City
O'Connor, Rory
Cotton, Joe
Vui, Shambeckler
McCauley, Ryan
Thompson, Sam
Swinton, Lachlan
Kemeny, Josh
Sinclair, Hugh
Short, Mitch
Harrison, Will
Clarke, Cam
Davis, Tyson
Foketi, Lalakai
Ramm, James
Donaldson, Ben

Country
Johnson-Holmes, Harry
Horton, Tom
Sandell, Matt
Staniforth, Tom
Holloway, Jed
Hanigan, Ned
Jones, Maclean
Harris, Will
Gordon, Jake
Mason, Mack
Kane, James
Walton, Joey
Dargaville, James
Nawaqanitawasa, Mark
Clements, Tim

On second glance the country team has 3 less players in its squad than city. It would make sense for their squad to be slightly incomplete as they don't have an openside flanker.
Three players I would add to the country side are 2 former country players Rowan Perry at 7 and Nox Muliufi at 12. Then I'd add Karmichael Hunt to 15.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
I'm assuming that Rob Taylor will want to try and play his (Irish-like) Sydney Uni style of rugby at the Country Eagles. The squad is thin on depth though and I think that any sort of injuries (especially in the forwards) will impact the ability of the Country Eagles to play that style really well. It would be a test for Taylor because he would be used to the embarrassment of playing riches like Uni have in the Shute Shield. He strikes me as a really smart coach though.

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
Teams for Saturday:
NSW Country Eagles:
STARTING XV: 1.Angus Bell, 2.David Vea, 3.Matt Sandell, 4.Nathan Den Houdt, 5.Tom Staniforth, 6.Ned Hanigan ©, 7.Michael Icely, 8.Will Harris, 9.Jake Gordon ©, 10.Mack Mason, 11.James Kane, 12.Joey Walton, 13.Ben Woollett, 14.James Turner, 15.Tim Clements.

SUBS: 16.Aaron Blacklock, 17.Cody Walker, 18.Chris Talakai, 19.Tom Nowlan, 20.Pat Tafa, 21.Jack Grant, 22.Connor O'Shea, 23.Mark Nawaqaintawse.

Sydney:
STARTING XV: 1.Rory O'Connor, 2.Ed Craig, 3.Sham Vui, 4.Ryan McCauley, 5.Tuitakau Kioa, 6.Lachlan Swinton, 7.Josh Kemeny, 8.Jordan Goddard, 9.Mitch Short, 10.Will Harrison, 11.Tyson Davis, 12.Lalakai Foketi ©, 13.Cam Clark, 14.James Ramm, 15.Ben Donaldson

SUBS: 16.Declan Moore, 17.Harry Rorke, 18.Wayne Borsak, 19.Jack Digby, 20.Christian Poidevin, 21.Jacob Abel, 22.Trent Winterstein, 23.Jaline Graham

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Does anyone know where Michael Wells is? Is he playing seven's if not why isn't he playing for Sydney?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Porter - good player but not sure where he fits into the Brumbies for next year. Both centre spots are well covered in my book. No 12 - Simone, Lolesio, Keunzle, Wright. No 13 - Kuridrani, Wright, Ikitau. Might be an indication that Simone is being considered for No 10?

Still looking for a Lock, I understand. Won't be at all surprised if that happens to be Lee-Warner.

But now getting off topic. Thanks for the heads up on Porter.

Hey BR, Just read that Brumbies have signed Guy Porter for 2020. Good signing

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Porter has been signed on for one year as part of the wider training squad, so probably will only get a look in with injuries.........

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Porter - good player but not sure where he fits into the Brumbies for next year. Both centre spots are well covered in my book. No 12 - Simone, Lolesio, Keunzle, Wright. No 13 - Kuridrani, Wright, Ikitau. Might be an indication that Simone is being considered for No 10?

Still looking for a Lock, I understand. Won't be at all surprised if that happens to be Lee-Warner.

But now getting off topic. Thanks for the heads up on Porter.

Kuenzle is a 10. Great pass on him.