• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
So, would there be any merit next year in 10. Lucas 12. Stewart 15. O’Connor

or, maybe, 10. Lucas, 12. Stewart 13. O’Connor 15. Petaia?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Who was 12 that day if you remember? I didn't think he had played 12 before at NRC level last season.

I lied, it wasn’t last year it was 2017 QLD Country vs Fiji and Teti Tela was 5/8, Stewart played 12.
He played a similar style of game that day as he did today, was a very natural fit i thought.

B

Bobby Sands

Depends on how the options were presented to him.

A bigger contract is pretty much always going to be better for the manager but not necessarily the player.

You refer to Tuttle in your match recap.. who did you mean? Jock?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Super Rugby draw for 2020 is out. Reds with a horror start to the season:

1. Brumbies Away
  2. Lions Away
  3. Jaguares Away
  4. Sunwolves Home
  5. Sharks Home
  6. Crusaders Away
  7. Bulls Home
  8. Bye
  9. Brumbies Home
  10. Sunwolves Away
  11. Rebels Home
  12. Tahs Away
  13. Highlanders Home
  14. Bye
  15. Blues Away
  16. Tahs Home
  17. Hurricanes Home
  18. Rebels Away
Brumbies away to open the season, then straight into an around the world trip. Still though, jag a couple of those matches and we will set ourselves up for a decent crack at the rest of the season.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
2020 draw has been released. Is there any reason why super rugby is starting in January next year?

I also don't know if it's a good thing, but the first three matches are all away matches for the reds. Meaning our first home game is a month into the season.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Well from many years of preseason playing footy in Feb in the Vegas is hellish, so glad we're away first up.

I reckon we'll hit Lang Park 3 from 3.

I liked your comment not because I agree with it, but I appreciate your optimism.

Though the Brumbies are slow starters and Jaguares will be a completely new team after the RWC, whereas the Reds will have been working together as a team for a long time now.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
It's the middle day of a long weekend which might hurt the crowd size.

It's a short walk from Adelaide Street where the parade is and the pubs are open from 9/10am. I think it'd be a cracking day for a lot of people. Get up early for the dawn service, have some breaky, be a part of the parade, head to Caxton Street for an early lunch, drink and off to the game!

Those with kids will have them in bed within an hour of getting home at 3/4pm!

B

Bobby Sands

DISCLAIMER: Some posters will be offended at the speculative projection of this post. So please do not reply, "just let the boy play", all I am doing is passing on intel.

My business partner was at a Rugby dinner held by Sydney Rugby identity Moose! On the panel was Toby Lawson CEO of the sponsor of the World Cup, Greg Thomas Head of Media at Sanza, World Rugby, and Rugby World Cup and Scott Johnson.

On Jordy Petaia Scott Said;

"I think we might have on our hands Australia's best ever centre."

Do not shoot the messenger!

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Hope he is... but problem in Australian rugby in the past 10 years hasn’t been the best environment to convert potential to output.