• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2019

S

Sgt Slaughter

Correct n for you there was always last year, n a 100% scholarship school with a 20% take up rate - congrats - we are stoked - players nailed it every game !!!

Don’t hate our $500 pn haha keep over paying fields look great - will see you back at Fursden Rd lol

S

Sgt Slaughter

Well I think the only people that would disagree would be you, but your a parent & that is admirable.
BBC forwards totally dismantled the BSHS forward pack in every position. I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure the experts like yourself would agree that games are won up front.

BBC did that today.

Yes you are correct if the 1,2 and didn’t play BSHS would have won #mindblown

S

Sgt Slaughter

BBC 76 BSHS 14
Ripley 4 tries . What a rabble BSHS - they were arguing with each other - and no one knew lineout calls .

Yes mate correct again - BSHS 9,12,13,15 all injured so their loose forward had to play in the backs, but hey that’s footy the U16 boys that played in the pack have done a grand job over the past 4-5 weeks

PPRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes you are correct if the 1,2 and didn’t play BSHS would have won #mindblown

I enjoy your sarcasm when you have no response that can be based in fact. My initial comment stands... I was surprised that those two props had as little impact as they did. That isn’t a criticism of this two young players but a shout out the BBC 1 & 2.
If you knew your arse from your elbow you would be able to acknowledge that the BBC pack was far superior today.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Don’t hate our $500 pn haha keep over paying fields look great - will see you back at Fursden Rd lol

BSHS were fortunate that BBC played their subs and just eased off and enjoyed the moment in the 2nd half. Could have been looking at 90 plus otherwise. Thought Ripley was going to grab the new points scoring record for a while.

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I enjoy your sarcasm when you have no response that can be based in fact. My initial comment stands. I was surprised that those two props had as little impact as they did. That isn’t a criticism of this two young players but a shout out the BBC 1 & 2.

If you knew your arse from your elbow you would be able to acknowledge that the BBC pack was far superior today.

Jesus, forget about the forwards, that BBC backline went through BSHS like a warm knife through butter and chucked the ball so fast and so wide that the All Blacks could take note.

S

Sgt Slaughter

^^^^Absolutely BBC backs were far superior and where the game was ultimately won - a part from the 2 and 3 the BBC pack played very well

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Well done TSS. Maybe the luckiest team to ever win? Could have very easily had 3 losses this year. They were better in the big moments, I put it down to a winning culture.

In saying this are BBC the best team to ever not win a premiership? Surely in the conversation.

I understand you’re frustration at BBC posters. But let’s give credit where credit is due. Want some chips with that salt?

“Ever” is a long time dude. Let’s not get carried away.

TheRed

Allen Oxlade (6)
BBC demolished BSHS today. In my opinion they were the best side in the comp except for 15 minutes against TSS. Yet goal kicking and composure cost them and the premiership drought continues. Would have to think they go down in the top bracket of sides to have missed a premiership.

DRFC

Frank Nicholson (4)
Well done IGS U14A.
Joint Premiers 2019.
140709-winston-churchill-eisenstedt.jpg

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
BBC demolished BSHS today. In my opinion they were the best side in the comp except for 15 minutes against TSS. Yet goal kicking and composure cost them and the premiership drought continues. Would have to think they go down in the top bracket of sides to have missed a premiership.
Always next year. Within the next season or two , schools that finished on the bottom end this year will probably win the comp. Loosing hurts and school communities respond.

Dean Moriarty

Billy Sheehan (19)
^^^^Absolutely BBC backs were far superior and where the game was ultimately won - a part from the 2 and 3 the BBC pack played very well

When people wake up they will realise the BBC 3 , Henry Petit , is one of , if not the most true , uncompromising promising set piece Props running around from this season of GPS Rugby and has an absolute engine on him defensively and in general play. He’s back next year as well.

I expect him to feature heavily in GPS Rugby next year and should in Reds 18’s

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
When people wake up they will realise the BBC 3 , Henry Petit , is one of , if not the most true , uncompromising promising set piece Props running around from this season of GPS Rugby and has an absolute engine on him defensively and in general play. He’s back next year as well.

I expect him to feature heavily in GPS Rugby next year and should in Reds 18’s
:) Gotta say... he filled some bloody big shoes when Romano went down and did it very well.

S

Sgt Slaughter

BBC won't win.that's all I know at this point.

Wow fp you obviously knew BBC didn’t have it in them early - maybe you do know more than all of us after all

TSS great job best team by far, breaker of hearts and creator of tears - see you All in the 2020 thread, no one remembers who come 2nd except for Dad haha build a bridge and see you at Fursden. SS

fairplay

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Wow fp you obviously knew BBC didn’t have it in them early - maybe you do know more than all of us after all

Lol that’s just an example of my twisted preseason mind games I play with myself. I literally watched every BBC game this season just waiting for the bubble to burst. Sorry lads. Instead they have had a great season, came within a whisker of winning, and played some of the most exciting rugby GPS has seen in a few seasons.

Oracle83

Ron Walden (29)

TSS great job best team by far, breaker of hearts and creator of tears - see you All in the 2020 thread, no one remembers who come 2nd except for Dad haha build a bridge and see you at Fursden. SS

Yeah yeah slaughter you got a chip with us boater wearers but they well and truly gave it to you mate even though you put it out there that you’d win, you put it right out there and all you got was a spanking - now pipe down and back in your box son...

S

Sgt Slaughter

Yeah yeah slaughter you got a chip with us boater wearers but they well and truly gave it to you mate even though you put it out there that you’d win, you put it right out there and all you got was a spanking - now pipe down and back in your box son.

Haha back what you got no matter what, will do it again in a heart beat - no issues with boater wearers just wankers, so if the shoe fits lace that bugger up and wear it proudly