• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

B

Bobby Sands

Moeroa is on the bench for Parra today in their first final against Brisbane.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The thing about many league fans is that when a player is coming to the club he is the greatest ever but when he eventually signs with someone else he changes to not that good anyway. Also seems to be the same with when they lose some players, good player but then when someone else snaps him up he changes to rubbish.

I watch a fair bit of league, and the buzz around Moeroa isn't what it was when he first came on the scene, he impressed at an early age but hasn't really gone to the next level since then. Still a relatively good player, but he started with high expectations of his potential about what he could become in the game and hasn't really achieved them.

But, rugby union is an entirely different game as much as they are similar, some players will excel in one and not the other, so lets hope Moeroa is one of those.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Happy with Jahrome Brown in the 7 spot, but there's not a lot of pilfering capability after him. Not yet impressed with Miller after two NRC games.

you know he's played more than 2 NRC games though right? You know he's played multiple years of NRC? And a fair bit of Super Rugby? And Shute Shield? And even 7s? Have you seen any of those or just those two NRC games?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I really wanted Burey to get a contract for this season. He is a utility back every team needs to fill spots when injury hits. Really looks like another good prospect. I hope the Tahs give him a run

Burey always struck me as a Rod Kafer style of player. Not really sure that he is up to Super Rugby standard.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
you know he's played more than 2 NRC games though right? You know he's played multiple years of NRC? And a fair bit of Super Rugby? And Shute Shield? And even 7s? Have you seen any of those or just those two NRC games?

Reg, we're getting right off topic now, so I think I'll leaver it there. That is not an admission though.

B

Bobby Sands

Moeroa having a whale of a game in this trouncing of the Broncos. Parra stadium is becoming the best home ground in the business.

Reactions: dru

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I really wanted Burey to get a contract for this season. He is a utility back every team needs to fill spots when injury hits. Really looks like another good prospect. I hope the Tahs give him a run
With all the money freed up with departure of foley, kepu, Folau, Rona etc I would rather see them use this money to invest in more emerging young youth and club talent. Moreso as this nrc series showing a lot of players showing great potential to take next step up in a professional environment and only need a couple of these signings to succeed at lower investment required vs those who may prove they can’t make the grade to prove this is a good investment strategy.

B

Bobby Sands

For anyone who wants to see his raw power, type in Moeroa shotput into youtube. You will see him launch the metal into orbit, and I think break the GPS record.

A mutterer

Desmond Connor (43)
we better hope penney has taken it otherwise we're in a spot of bother

do wonder about the thinking about not taking mckee though .....

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Rumor in the Sunday Telegraph of Cheika returning to the Tahs as head coach

Benji Marshall signs new contract with Wests Tigers
I know it talks about Marshall and its behind a paywall but it's in today's paper I just wanted to have a link​

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Rumor in the Sunday Telegraph of Cheika returning to the Tahs as head coach

Benji Marshall signs new contract with Wests Tigers
I know it talks about Marshall and its behind a paywall but it's in today's paper I just wanted to have a link​
Possibly why they are sitting on their hands. Assuming we don’t win the RWC he’s committed to giving up the Wallabies gig

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yeah he’s a level above anything that’s been touted so far. Sounds like Rennie has almost been assured of the Wallabies gig so maybe Cheika has made his decision regardless of the RWC outcome.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah he’s a level above anything that’s been touted so far. Sounds like Rennie has almost been assured of the Wallabies gig so maybe Cheika has made his decision regardless of the RWC outcome.

As much as people like to take shots at Cheika over the Wallabies results in recent years, we really don't have many other Australian coaches with his level of experience (not unless Eddie wants to come coach the Tahs). It would be nice to have some more Australian coaches in the Super Rugby system passing on their learnings. It would be interesting to see how Cheika goes with a club team again. One very much in a rebuild phase.