• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 1: Melbourne Rising v Canberra Vikings

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Jeez what a demolition job.

Kaihea - what a prospect, lets see if he does that week after week.

Simeon - looks like a great prospect.

Loving Swain, would've been the perfect row partner for Arnold. Sigh...

Valetini is just next level to everyone else - loved him picking his opposite number up off the deck at 49:00 on the clock like The Mountain.

Lonergan is top quality, Lolesion also looked superb at 10. Simone great, but Tom Wright looked deadly out in the wider channels.

Pulu should be going to the WC with Samu and Banks, can't wrap my head around why none of them or Valetini weren't taken.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Jeez what a demolition job.

Kaihea - what a prospect, lets see if he does that week after week.

Simeon - looks like a great prospect.

Loving Swain, would've been the perfect row partner for Arnold. Sigh.

Valetini is just next level to everyone else - loved him picking his opposite number up off the deck at 49:00 on the clock like The Mountain.

Lonergan is top quality, Lolesion also looked superb at 10. Simone great, but Tom Wright looked deadly out in the wider channels.

Pulu should be going to the WC with Samu and Banks, can't wrap my head around why none of them or Valetini weren't taken.

Stats have him 3rd in the comp for defenders beaten. Not bad for a prop.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Lolesio had a top notch game at 10, but I was also very much impressed with Keunzle in his short cameo off the bench. Hopefully he gets a run in the starting side this weekend.

Simone and Wright were electric in the centres. I expect they will finish the NRC as the top rated centre pairing. Pulu looked extremely fast and effective playing outside Tom W.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Simone and Wright were electric in the centres. I expect they will finish the NRC as the top rated centre pairing. Pulu looked extremely fast and effective playing outside Tom W.

I would expect Ikitau to return to outside centre (was he injured?), and Wright to push out to the wing in place of Hansen.........

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)
I would expect Ikitau to return to outside centre (was he injured?), and Wright to push out to the wing in place of Hansen...

While I agree that Ikitau has to come back, there really is just too much talent in this team, because I don't know how you could drop Hansen after that performance. I thought he was a stand-out. He played a major role in all those attacking raids and tries down the left wing and kept winning the ball back on the kick-off. I know we have Banks to come back in, but I hope Hansen gets a shot at the 15 jersey at some point.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
While I agree that Ikitau has to come back, there really is just too much talent in this team, because I don't know how you could drop Hansen after that performance. I thought he was a stand-out. He played a major role in all those attacking raids and tries down the left wing and kept winning the ball back on the kick-off. I know we have Banks to come back in, but I hope Hansen gets a shot at the 15 jersey at some point.

Oh definitely............

I mainly singled him out because of the other Brumby regulars, but he was excellent on the weekend.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I would expect Ikitau to return to outside centre (was he injured?), and Wright to push out to the wing in place of Hansen...

I think Len is a fantastic player, but Wright put in a quality game for the ages. I think he's probably found his best spot.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Just caught up on the highlights, can't really see anyone going close to this Canberra side. The backrow and backline are just a class above. Looked like Tom Wright was just playing with them when he did the big dummy for the last try. I reckon he'll be ahead of Maddocks for the Wallaby Squad next year and a good chance at getting a cap.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Lolesio had a top notch game at 10, but I was also very much impressed with Keunzle in his short cameo off the bench. Hopefully he gets a run in the starting side this weekend.

We don't care for speed in Australian rugby, I'll have you know BR.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
At ground level Pulu looked a class above everyone on the park. The young 9 (Lonergan I think) had great technique in almost everything he did, could be a classy player.

Rugby Supporter 14

Stan Wickham (3)