• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
I for one am very happy how Stewart is coming along. He is a natural football player with a lovely deceptive stride. On top of that he doesn't mind the contact, can kick and has shown over the last couple of months that he is an extremely hard worker

We will have plenty of options next year and one positive is that we cannot rely solely on one man to make us metres in the midfield. We've got loads of blokes putting their hands up which means Jim has an easier job organising the attack.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah the gameplan in the backs will have to change dramatically. We'll have to be more subtle and show some skill to break through the defence. If they need a battering ram we could see CFS playing on a wing to come in and hit it up, but I'd prefer we use the ball through the hand and get the fast guys into some space.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Bro, I read the article this morning in the paper and I've just got a different opinion than you.that's all

Because the courier mail is a most upstanding and factual news source that never ever speculates or embellishes for a better headline. Riiiiiight.....

B

Bobby Sands

Because the courier mail is a most upstanding and factual news source that never ever speculates or embellishes for a better headline. Riiiiiight...

Picone covert guerrilla posting squad needs practise.

S

Show-n-go

Picone covert guerrilla posting squad needs practise.
59F71E8A-BE17-4203-A38C-861CB4C54C46.jpeg

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
So, QRUs decision to deal directly with player was perhaps a positive one?

The number of long term contracts signed by the Reds is really unprecedented in the history of rugby in Australia, there were only a few 4 year contracts previously and now the Reds have locked down a significant chunk of their squad going forward for years. Reds have 18 squad members already signed up for 2021, 11 signed up for 2022 and incredibly 6 signed out until 2023. Comparison across the other teams;

2021/2022/2023

Reds: 18/11/6
Brumbies: 15/6/1
Rebels: 9/1/0
Waratahs 8/1/1

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
So, QRUs decision to deal directly with player was perhaps a positive one?

The number of long term contracts signed by the Reds is really unprecedented in the history of rugby in Australia, there were only a few 4 year contracts previously and now the Reds have locked down a significant chunk of their squad going forward for years. Reds have 18 squad members already signed up for 2021, 11 signed up for 2022 and incredibly 6 signed out until 2023. Comparison across the other teams;

2021/2022/2023

Reds: 18/11/6
Brumbies: 15/6/1
Rebels: 9/1/0
Waratahs 8/1/1

It is my understanding the Reds are also benefiting from many U20 stars being Queenslander. The Creme de la creme of aussie youth who are also the target of RA initiative to lock in young talent. I'm sure this must be beneficial when it comes to what can be offered to the youth and for how long.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
This is amazing for the Reds, but also the Wallabies. 4 year signings are brilliant, it's a shame we're losing Coleman but here's Rodda committing for another cycle. Future doesn't look so dire.