• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Rnd 4 - Western Force v Canberra Vikings - UWA Sports Park - 21 Sep - 3 PM (WST)

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Comprehensive pre-game review from the Western Force.

https://www.westernforce.com.au/vik...dC2QgvGsAB4tQSbQJ8jrq_KsMphMF3en1x99zh03K4JfI

Includes some 2019 Stats comparison.
Looks very even after 3 games.

Force-vs-Vikings-1024x171.jpg

Hopeful that the Western Force can make it 4/4.

Last 3 games are 2 Away and 1 Home.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I note there's not a huge difference in scrum success rate stats. This is the weakest part of the Vikings' game and a part where the Force are likely to attack. If the Force can starve the Vikings of ball, as has been the case in earlier Vikings' games this year, and win a few scrum penalties and tight heads, then they will be well on the way to their fourth victory.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Vikings primed for western raid

September 18, 2019

Fresh off a nail-biting one-point win against Brisbane City, Canberra Vikings captain Darcy Swain is relishing the chance to tackle a battle-hardened Western Force side in Perth on Saturday with the Canberra squad buoyed by the potential return of a number of capped Wallabies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Vikings team

1. Fred KAIHEA
2. Lachlan LONERGAN
3. Nic DOBSON
4. Darcy SWAIN (c)
5. Blake ENEVER
6. Pete SAMU
7. Luke GERSEKOWSKI
8. Rob VALETINI
9. Joe POWELL
10. Noah LOLESIO
11. Mack HANSEN
12. Irae SIMONE
13. Len IKITAU
14. Toni PULU
15. Andy MUIRHEAD

REPLACEMENTS

16. TP LUTERU
17. Angus WAGNER
18. Bo ABRA
19. Nick FROST
20. Will MILLER
21. Ryan LONERGAN
22. Bayley KUENZLE
23. Tom BANKS

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Looks like Nick Scrivener at least has decided Noah Lolesio is the front runner for the No 10 spot. I had hoped to see Bayley Keunzle given equal time in that spot. He looked very assured in the 10 minutes or so he got in the first game this year, but has seemed to be preferred at 12 in later games.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
This is the correct teM

1. Fred KAIHEA
2. Lachlan LONERGAN
3. Nic DOBSON
4. Darcy SWAIN (c)
5. Blake ENEVER
6. Pete SAMU
7. Luke GERSEKOWSKI
8. Rob VALETINI
9. Joe POWELL
10. Noah LOLESIO
11. Mack HANSEN
12. Irae SIMONE
13. Len IKITAU
14. Andy MUIRHEAD
15. Tom BANKS

REPLACEMENTS

16. TP LUTERU
17. Bo ABRA
18. Angus WAGNER
19. Nick FROST
20. Will MILLER
21. Ryan LONERGAN
22. Bayley KUENZLE
23. George MORSEU

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Wright and Pulu out. Won't lose anything with Ikitau and Banks coming in.

I thought George Morseu was a No 9? I believe he is quick, but has he got experience in the outside backs?

Who will take the goal kicks? Perhaps Simone?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
5 Wallabies in that lineup. Strong side.

Here's a point of contention for the pundits:

Lonergan > Powell

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)

Lonergan > Powell

Not that I'd consider myself a pundit, but I've been saying this since the Vikings/Rays game last year. We're now past the point of Lonergan being an exciting, up-and-coming player with the right ingredients to some day unseat Powell; his delivery is better, his kicking is better, he has an excellent rugby brain for a young chap and his goal-kicking is first class. Powell has a fight on his hands next year.

Rugby Supporter 14

Stan Wickham (3)
That must be the fourth time I've seen you post this link, Mrs Lolesio. You must be very proud of him (and rightly so) :D

No, I wish I had his jeans, I'm just a old coach that support and enjoys his rugby, that can identify good young players like Jordan Pataia, Ben Donaldson, Len Ikatel, Darcy Swan, Lachlan Lonergan, Harry Wilson, Trevor Hosea, Josh Nassar, Isaac Lucas, Mark Naawaqanitawase and Fraser Mcwreight.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
No, I wish I had his jeans, I'm just a old coach that support and enjoys his rugby, that can identify good young players like Jordan Pataia, Ben Donaldson, Len Ikatel, Darcy Swan, Lachlan Lonergan, Harry Wilson, Trevor Hosea, Josh Nassar, Isaac Lucas, Mark Naawaqanitawase and Fraser Mcwreight.

Feel free to discuss those players and other issues rather than just posting the same link in every thread.

Rugby Supporter 14

Stan Wickham (3)
Feel free to discuss those players and other issues rather than just posting the same link in every thread.

Thanks Braveheart81:)

Jordan Pataia - Is a Beast strong runner, defender, back himself, can play centres, wing ad fullback and is still leaning his trade.
Ben Donaldson - is a good 15 and 10, should of got more time at the JWC at 10, made a big difference against Argentina and I believe in the finals against France.
Len Ikatel - this kid is a freak, will be Brumbies 13 for a very long time when Kurindrani moves on, can takle and runs great lines.
Darcy Swan - is very much an un-song hero, has watch his more senior players start the games, but has developed very well into a very promising strong lock, good line out jumping and is very mobile.
Lachlan Longergan - I don't think this kid realise how good he is, throw inns, scrummaging, mauling and scoring tries, more to come for this young player.
Harry Wilson - Gregory Terrace, product, good solid runner and defender, proved himself well at the JWC, good signing for the REDS. This kid is a freak player too.
Trevor Hosea - BBC Product - another unsung hero at the JWC, defence, line outs and running, more to come from this kid.
Isaac Lucas - This kid can play and his confidence is getting better after each game, hope reds get to keep him in Qld for a very long time.
Mark Naawaqanitawase - this kid is still 18 and can run, tackle and read the game well in his position on the wing. He is a freak as well. More to come from Mark.
Fraser Mcwreight - what do you say about this kid who has the making of David Pocock, he can tackle, run good lines, line outs, quick enough to run down backs, future wallabies captian if he continues to play the way he is.​

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Test........ test...........

Noah Lolesio is a terrible rugby player, and awful human being.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Lonergan > Powell

Lonergan's goal kicking is very impressive.........

He hasn't yet put any pressure on Powell in his somewhat limited Super Rugby appearances, but he's not far off...............

The issue is going to be whether the Brumbies do sign Nic White.

Rugby Supporter 14

Stan Wickham (3)
I note there's not a huge difference in scrum success rate stats. This is the weakest part of the Vikings' game and a part where the Force are likely to attack. If the Force can starve the Vikings of ball, as has been the case in earlier Vikings' games this year, and win a few scrum penalties and tight heads, then they will be well on the way to their fourth victory.

Totally agree BR, they do have Wagner if that is some sort of consolation back too.