• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Teams 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Not sure for how long but I watched the game again against SYDNEY and the combination with the two Isaacs was good.

Henry is a great option at 12 as he is a 10 and links well with Paisami as he did all season at West’s.
He is also close to 90% at goal from the Premier season so worth a starting spot for that alone.
Based on the last few games interesting to see who they start this week.
Is Paisami is injured as I hear, Henry at 12 seems a certainty.
Henry’s goal kicking was on point this season. Impressive stuff.

Who knows though as I expected to see him earlier against Canberra last game.

Suppose it depends what the aim of NRC is???

Henry’s goal kicking was on point this season. Impressive stuff. Yep, West’s backline must have been the best in the comp. Young too. I think Henry could improve his game under the right coaches. Has good core traits.

Daveyyyyy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Henry’s goal kicking was on point this season. Impressive stuff. Yep, West’s backline must have been the best in the comp. Young too. I think Henry could improve his game under the right coaches. Has good core traits.

Close to best on ground in round 2 also. I think Fraser won it, but Henry wasn't far behind.
I am so interested in what the coaches are looking to do with their players in this NRC, because so far there has been a lot of shifting and replacing going on. It is such a short season, I would have thought they would have wanted to try and nail down sides by now, but even in round 3 there were a lot more changes than I expected.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Close to best on ground in round 2 also. I think Fraser won it, but Henry wasn't far behind.
I am so interested in what the coaches are looking to do with their players in this NRC, because so far there has been a lot of shifting and replacing going on. It is such a short season, I would have thought they would have wanted to try and nail down sides by now, but even in round 3 there were a lot more changes than I expected.
It’s been good to see the rotation of players. There are a few Reds’ development spots up for grabs and I think this may be a factor. Looking at the Reds squad announced for 2020, further depth is required in the front row and maybe half back (Scotty injured and return before pre-season unknown). I think the backs are pretty sorted with the inclusion of JOC (James O'Connor) and the re-signing of all other main squad and development players. But who knows. Tela, Seb and McGahn not resigned in the backs, so that could open up an opportunity. Time will tell.

B

Bobby Sands

Isaac Henry was one of the controversial omissions from this years U20s. I think he might still be eligible next year.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Isaac Henry was one of the controversial omissions from this years U20s. I think he might still be eligible next year.
Tough competition with Lucas, Lelesio, Harrison and Donaldson. Henry was dropped and Gordon was called up again for the last camp after being dropped from the initial squad before the first camp. Personally I would have kept both in. All players ahead of Henry have Super Rugby contracts, so you could say Henry was unlucky with a year of the strong competition. Henry just needs to keep working hard.

With Lucas, Lelesio, Harrison and Donaldson all too old for U20s, this gives Henry a good crack. Pasitoa and Gordon in.

Daveyyyyy

Frank Nicholson (4)

Think he might be 20 this year? Don't quote me on it. He seems to be playing 12 a lot lately.

Roberts, I agree it's good to see a lot of rotation to actually get to see players, but I would hope there is still some competitiveness for the comp itself, and that the coaches aren't just being told who to play by the reds. Maybe I am just craving a good competition though.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Think he might be 20 this year? Don't quote me on it. He seems to be playing 12 a lot lately.

Roberts, I agree it's good to see a lot of rotation to actually get to see players, but I would hope there is still some competitiveness for the comp itself, and that the coaches aren't just being told who to play by the reds. Maybe I am just craving a good competition though.
I like Henry at 12. Good strength for our junior Wallabies if still eligible.

Yeah get what you’re saying. I see the team lists each week and think the bench (and rested) should be in the starting team. Other state teams seem to be starting their strongest players. If we had our strongest teams starting I think both QLD teams would be undefeated with a hell of a battle against one another.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

The coaches are the "Reds", i don't think doing what is best for the Reds, and doing what is best for the respective NRC team are mutually exclusive.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
There seems to be a lot of Qlders at the Western Force - Sampson, Tessmann, Ready, Prior, Placid, just off the top of my head. Sure that there would be others.

Rugby King

Sydney Middleton (9)
So QLD teams are out!!
Both Henry and Paisami are on the bench for City.
Hope we see Henry earlier this game than the last two he benched!!

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
I want to get to the bottom of Carter Gordon omission from the NRC qld country team.

Is he injured or suspended from that tip tackle that happened against the Vikings? Anyone know?

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I want to get to the bottom of Carter Gordon omission from the NRC qld country team.

Is he injured or suspended from that tip tackle that happened against the Vikings? Anyone know?
There is an Australian U18 team announced on Monday 23/09 following the Academy games being played on Sunday.

That team goes straight into camp at Nudgee before flying out to play games in NZ.

Not sure if this would take precedence over NRC for Carter, but he would be eligible for selection, as is Pasitoa.

Status
Not open for further replies.