• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2020

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
After seeing all the buzz about Bankwest Stadium in Sydney - not a single complaint, almost across the board rave reviews - $340 million.

Surely an exact replica is being tendered for right now in Canberra? Built on the public pool in Civic (move that somewhere nearby) a 5 minute walk from the CBD.

Construction time was barely over 2 years.

Keep food and booze prices reasonable and give good options - get those pop up burger joints in Braddon to man the stalls (well, provide the recipe anyway) and Bent Stoke/Wig and Pen for the booze.

Ticket prices and memberships are already lowered, and with the roof on even the coldest Canberra night would be fine in there - jobs, crowds, support plus Concerts (acoustics are apparently outstanding) etc.

We could even host a Wallabies game for a change!

B

Bobby Sands

After seeing all the buzz about Bankwest Stadium in Sydney - not a single complaint, almost across the board rave reviews - $340 million.

Surely an exact replica is being tendered for right now in Canberra? Built on the public pool in Civic (move that somewhere nearby) a 5 minute walk from the CBD.

Construction time was barely over 2 years.

Keep food and booze prices reasonable and give good options - get those pop up burger joints in Braddon to man the stalls (well, provide the recipe anyway) and Bent Stoke/Wig and Pen for the booze.

Ticket prices and memberships are already lowered, and with the roof on even the coldest Canberra night would be fine in there - jobs, crowds, support plus Concerts (acoustics are apparently outstanding) etc.

We could even host a Wallabies game for a change!

Only if it doesn't get Federal funding ahead of the Gabba redevelopment!

Otherwise looks good. ;)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Surely an exact replica is being tendered for right now in Canberra? Built on the public pool in Civic......

I would've thought an exact replica of the Dunedin stadium on the pool site in Civic would be the way to go. Canberra is bloody cold in the middle of winter, an enclosed stadium has so many advantages for the Brumbies, Raiders and a possible soccer side.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I would've thought an exact replica of the Dunedin stadium on the pool site in Civic would be the way to go. Canberra is bloody cold in the middle of winter, an enclosed stadium has so many advantages for the Brumbies, Raiders and a possible soccer side.
That's what they have been looking at I believe in the past.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Yeah, reckon a 'house of pane' would be the go.

Canberra is bloody cold in the middle of winter

Some snow in the joint yesterday

aiiagfT.jpg[img]

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah Canberra needs an enclosed stadium, although Super Rugby shifting to summer months should help things a bit

B

Bobby Sands

Reesjan Pasitoa named on bench in GPS Team of the Year, Syris Schmidt(TSS) took honours of starting 5/8

I saw that, looks like the entire starting side is TSS/BBC so I am not sure how reflective it is. But it does seem as though Reesjan had a down year and came back to the bunch. Its also sounds like there was alot of good 10s in the comp this year.

The Reds should sign the 9, Kalani.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I think Reejan had a diffeent season off the back of Aus18's plus shoulder surgery I believe. Pretty sure he was ready to leave school in about term 2 and will kick up a gear when in a professional environment in 2020.

Very talented individual but a few years away. Again another brilliant long term recruitment decisions by the Brumbies.

Who is their recruitment manager?

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I saw that, looks like the entire starting side is TSS/BBC so I am not sure how reflective it is. But it does seem as though Reesjan had a down year and came back to the bunch. Its also sounds like there was alot of good 10s in the comp this year.

The Reds should sign the 9, Kalani.

BGS v IGS (R2) first time I've seen him play live. Easily the best player on the field that day. He actually go better when Walker went off.