• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool B: All Blacks vs Springbokke, Sat 21st September, 18h45 , International Stadium Yokohama

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
S24
Did you know? | 8 key Springboks v All Blacks factsCape Town - Eight key stats and facts ahead of the Springboks v All Blacks 2019 Rugby World Cup blockbuster in Yokohama on Saturday.
Saturday's match will be the 99th Test between the two countries.

New Zealand have won 16 of their last 20 Tests against South Africa (D1, L3).
Each of their last four meetings have been decided by a margin of no greater than two points, including a 16-16 draw in their most recent clash.
New Zealand and South Africa have clashed four times previously in Rugby World Cup history, all of those matches coming in the knock-out stages with the spoils split at two wins apiece. The All Blacks have won the most recent two meetings.
New Zealand have won their last 14 Rugby World Cup games on the trot, the longest winning run by any side in the tournament’s history, with those victories coming by an average margin of 30 points.
The All Blacks have never lost a pool stage game in Rugby World Cup history, winning all 28 such fixtures, South Africa themselves have only lost two of 22 matches in the pool stage (2003 v England, 2015 v Japan).
South Africa have lost three of their last eight Rugby World Cup fixtures, as many as they had lost in their 28 World Cup fixtures prior.
New Zealand have scored at least one try in each of their last 26 Rugby World Cup matches, the longest such run by any team in the tournament. The All Blacks last failed to cross the tryline in a Rugby World Cup match back in 1999 ... against South Africa.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
IMG-20190918-WA0018.jpg

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Just a reminder before the cup starts not to mention results from other games in Match threads for 24 hours after the game is played. Some people a waiting to watch recordings.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Just a reminder before the cup starts not to mention results from other games in Match threads for 24 hours after the game is played. Some people a waiting to watch recordings.

If the Bokke win it will be very hard to keep quiet for 24 hours. :)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Updated forecast indicates that it might not be actually raining during the game. It's a newish stadium so I'm guessing the drainage will be good & conditions underfoot not too bad. Humidity up around 85%, though, so likely to be greasy regardless.

Really looking forward to this one. I've opted not to go with the streaming thingo as we're not on fibre & some stuff I streamed using a borrowed chromecast didn't really impress me so I'm gonna watch my M10 Cup games, turn off my internet lest I be tempted to jump on here & inadvertently see something I'll instantly regret, & sit out the one-hour delay.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I've seen that some people having problems got a much better/uninterrupted stream when they paused and played it with the slight delay of just a few seconds.Could be worth testing on one of the earlier matches if there's any lag there.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I've seen that some people having problems got a much better/uninterrupted stream when they paused and played it with the slight delay of just a few seconds.Could be worth testing on one of the earlier matches if there's any lag there.

It is no exaggeration to say that Russia should immediately annex NZ and abolish these capitalist bourgeoisie systems of exploitation and **IMMEDIATELY** restore nationwide state TV broadcasts of all rugby football matches.

Otherwise, what is the point of being a New Zealander?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm hopeful that even if the stream doesn't completely shit itself there will be enough issues that spark cut a deal with TV1 whereby the remaining AB Pool matches are FTA without the onehour delay. They'll probably have to part-refund those who signed up but not much: let's face it, no-one signed up 'cos they desperately wanted to watch AB v Namibia.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Right. This is it. The pre-game tiddlywinks are over. Time for the big boys to play.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
How do you beat that SA rush defence?

Not by playing touch rugby that's for sure. Thought NZ would be a bit more prepared than this.

Ideally, by beating them up front. Basic rugby stuff. Winning the forward battle, reap the benefits in the back.

SA not easy to push around though.